Predict Win Total 2014/15

Predict Win Total for 2014/15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all the excitement buzzing around training camp, and high hopes beginning to float our dreams up, up, and above the Sacramento skyline where we can watch the construction of our new Arena, go on record now with your prediction of the Kings win total this year.

Winners get gloating rights and to share crow recipes.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I am trying to be an optimist, so assuming no trades that significantly change the team: IF we win all the games we should win, AND being ready to steal say 4-8 of the ones that don't look good on paper AND tipping the toss up games our way a bit I can see us getting dam close to 40 wins. Now re post this pole after the first 10 games and I may very well sing a different song.

Smidge over .500

They'll push for a playoff spot, but maybe just fall short, and still take great pride in a much improved season and being above .500. A very hopeful end to the year.

If we improve offense a little bit and defense a little bit we might win 33-35 games. A good season would be not getting off to a horrible start and showing impovement as we go through the season. Doing better than that would be exciting.

46-50.

Cousins is more mature and experienced, knows defense is key, and has learned he can dominate in the NBA.

Gay will play inspired basketball - it's his contract year after all.

No more IT and we have the taller and bigger Collison and Sessions. Defense will be more effective and no possibility of extreme backcourt small ball. With IT gone, there will also be more ball-sharing and less tendency for players to freeze on offense. Hopefully, the me-first mentality permeated by IT will also be gone.

Cousins, Gay, Collison >>>> Plumlee, Dragic, Bledsoe.

If Phoenix was able to almost made it to the playoffs, I think the Kings should be able to replicate the same with the much improved roster. If we don't, I think we should start thinking of firing Malone.

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I don't think we have the talent to finish in the playoffs. There's a pretty solid drop off after Cousins and Gay, potential aside.

That said, it looks like (on paper) an effort was made to find better fitting pieces, both through draft and free agency, and a group of players buying into the team mentality should do better than last year. I see some coalescing under Malone, and while I'm not a fan of the fact that PDA didn't make a big splash, I can respect that our bench got an overall upgrade.

I think there's a lot of unfair pressure to be put on the youth of this team - Stauskas absolutely has to deliver to give a viable 3rd option, and McLemore needs to not suck. I have no clue what we'll get out of Moreland. Maybe he'll take over for JT by November, or maybe he'll spend all year in Reno.

If those kids deliver, I think we have the potential to do a lot better.

gunks

Hall of Famer

Unless Malone coaches his arse off....

Big Cuz cant do it all....Rudy could always drop off a bit too and revert back to form as a inefficient chucker (especially playing for his last big contract).

PDA has again failed to get us defensive players. Our SG rotation is a rookie and a sophomore who played horribly last season. PF is meh. PG is meh.

I want to be optimistic, but a lot has to go right for us to even sniff the playoffs.

We're in the West. You need a team that is at least 7 deep with talented players to hang out here. Our team is about...4 deep with talent...If that.

46-50.

Cousins is more mature and experienced, knows defense is key, and has learned he can dominate in the NBA.

Gay will play inspired basketball - it's his contract year after all.

No more IT and we have the taller and bigger Collison and Sessions. Defense will be more effective and no possibility of extreme backcourt small ball. With IT gone, there will also be more ball-sharing and less tendency for players to freeze on offense. Hopefully, the me-first mentality permeated by IT will also be gone.

Cousins, Gay, Collison >>>> Plumlee, Dragic, Bledsoe.

If Phoenix was able to almost made it to the playoffs, I think the Kings should be able to replicate the same with the much improved roster. If we don't, I think we should start thinking of firing Malone.
You can't be serious I agreed with you till this PDA has to go before Malone.
Pheonix has solid defenders as well as veterans. Fry, Tucker, green, and the Morris twins are all very good players. Unlike the Suns we have 0 defenders well DMC/Gay/Collison are average Suns actually have defenders.

I'm gonna say between 41-45,

Cousins will shine this season, cementing himself as an all-star and possible superstar

Rudy i feel has learned alot about who he is as a player since arriving to Sacramento. I feel he's going to make a leap as a player but probably not as much as Cousins will.

No matter what anyone else wants to tell me, i believe IT was selfish, and i believe we are a better team without him. The increased ball movement and peskier defense by DC will reap wonders for this team.

I dont think Stauskas will win ROY, but i believe hes gonna have a great season. The man can knock down an open shot with no problem, and not just that....he's looking to be a damn well rounded rookie from i have seen so far.

Nik and hopefully a better BMac will lead to production from the SG position. It was such a huge negative for us last year...i dont need to explain any further...

Coach malone just settling in and having a fresh season should count for something as well

I could go and on, but the point is we are just a better team this year! I honestly dont think 12 or 15 more wins this season is unattainable and i have not felt that way for awhile with the Kings.

1 more month!!! cant come soon enough!!!!

Last edited:
I've been predicting since the beginning of the offseason that we were going to hover right around .500. Maybe wishful thinking.. I dont know. I'd like 41-42, but I'll say 39. And I'd be happy with that

"dream" scenario would be 40-43 but I think thats wildly optimistic. (obviously playoffs is the real dream but lets be realistic)

32-35 - something like that is more likely IMO, approaching 40 wins and I suspect the ownership would be content, the lower end of 30 and who knows, If you're playing teams close every night thats one thing, if the wild inconsistencies return, interesting times for the FO.

I'm going with 10 wins better than last year - 38. I think a lot of folks underestimate our 2 best players. We increased our defense at pg and I think Stauskas is going to produce. We just need that lightning rod of a shotblocking force at PF.

42 wins I think is doable. We lost most games last year in the last 2 minutes of the game, and I think with another our belts, we can manage to win a couple of those close ones.