PG for the Kings

Tyreke was here for years with Cousins already, they don't work together and it's proven. I will admit that it was before Cousins developed his 3 point shot, but having your PG kick out to your 270lb center for a 3 doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me. Tyreke has low bball IQ and I am tired of players who don't know how to play the game. I also want nothing to do with a player who has hardly improved his biggest weakness during his 6 years in the league and is consistently injured/has an extensive injury history.

Pass.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Tyreke is on the block, would love to make a move for him. I don't know if I would trade Rudy for him, but he would be the ideal PG for us once again. His shot is better, his size at the point is great, and getting to the hole has always been his forte. PnR with him and Cousins all day.
I wouldn't say Tyreke's shot is better. He shot nearly 39% from three last season which is a career high but he also did that on just 85 threes since he only played in 25 games due to injury. The year before when he played in 79 games he shot just a shade over 30% which is only a bit above his career average of just under 29%. In that same smallish 25 game sample he also shot 43% from the field overall and 45% from two which would be career lows if not for his second season.

His rebounding and assist numbers have trended up since leaving Sacramento, but Tyreke is essentially the same player he's always been - talented, a bit hard to fit on a roster, generally misses 10-20 games due to injury and can fill up the box score but doesn't have the mentality/drive/fire to really be a star.

To me trading Rudy for Evans would be a lateral move and bringing him on with Rudy would be the same issue the Kings have had for few years now (IT/Rudy/Boogie and Rondo/Rudy/Boogie) of having three high usage guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Loved watching Evans while he was here, not really interested in bringing him back unless he can be had on the cheap (in terms of trade assets) and Rudy is dealt (in a different deal) to fix other issues with the team.

I never heard conclusively (and I don't generally pay too close attention to these sorts of things anyway) but wasn't the scuttlebutt that DeMarcus and Tyreke didn't really like playing together anyway?

I wouldn't say Tyreke's shot is better. He shot nearly 39% from three last season which is a career high but he also did that on just 85 threes since he only played in 25 games due to injury. The year before when he played in 79 games he shot just a shade over 30% which is only a bit above his career average of just under 29%. In that same smallish 25 game sample he also shot 43% from the field overall and 45% from two which would be career lows if not for his second season.

His rebounding and assist numbers have trended up since leaving Sacramento, but Tyreke is essentially the same player he's always been - talented, a bit hard to fit on a roster, generally misses 10-20 games due to injury and can fill up the box score but doesn't have the mentality/drive/fire to really be a star.

To me trading Rudy for Evans would be a lateral move and bringing him on with Rudy would be the same issue the Kings have had for few years now (IT/Rudy/Boogie and Rondo/Rudy/Boogie) of having three high usage guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Loved watching Evans while he was here, not really interested in bringing him back unless he can be had on the cheap (in terms of trade assets) and Rudy is dealt (in a different deal) to fix other issues with the team.

I never heard conclusively (and I don't generally pay too close attention to these sorts of things anyway) but wasn't the scuttlebutt that DeMarcus and Tyreke didn't really like playing together anyway?
Well if you're able to bring in Crabbe & Hill, it's exactly the type of "lateral" move you would want to make considering the lack of PG depth. I don't think I would start Evans if we brought him back. I would keep Collison in that role.

As for your concerns on Evans shooting, you're right. It was a small sample size last year, but if you combine his catch & shoot threes from the last 2 years, he shot 37% on a total of 156 threes. 37% is not elite nor is it great, but it is respectable. He also shot 37% over the past 2 years when the closest defender was at least 4ft away (252 attempts). Again, that's not bad.

Evans will most likely never be a lights out shooter, but he is respectable and can punish a defense if they leave him open. Again, bringing him off the bench negates some of the shooting concerns and fit with Cousins, but I don't see why with Evans improved shot & Cousins overall improvement they could not be an effective duo for stretches.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if you're able to bring in Crabbe & Hill, it's exactly the type of "lateral" move you would want to make considering the lack of PG depth. I don't think I would start Evans if we brought him back. I would keep Collison in that role.

As for your concerns on Evans shooting, you're right. It was a small sample size last year, but if you combine his catch & shoot threes from the last 2 years, he shot 37% on a total of 156 threes. 37% is not elite nor is it great, but it is respectable. He also shot 37% over the past 2 years when the closest defender was at least 4ft away (252 attempts). Again, that's not bad.

Evans will most likely never be a lights out shooter, but he is respectable and can punish a defense if they leave him open. Again, bringing him off the bench negates some of the shooting concerns and fit with Cousins, but I don't see why with Evans improved shot & Cousins overall improvement they could not be an effective duo for stretches.
My issue with that sort of a team is that assuming we're trading Gay for Evans the Kings are still left without a second star.

Cousins
Cauley-Stein
Casspi or Hill
Crabbe
Collison

with Tyreke, McLemore, Hill or Casspi etc off the bench isn't a bad team but it lacks a second scorer or a great compliment to Boogie. Maybe the overall balance of the roster and Joerger's coaching leads to a better team, but long term they still need that second star. It's part of why I'm really high on trying to trade for Bledsoe and gambling on his health.

My issue with that sort of a team is that assuming we're trading Gay for Evans the Kings are still left without a second star.

Cousins
Cauley-Stein
Casspi or Hill
Crabbe
Collison

with Tyreke, McLemore, Hill or Casspi etc off the bench isn't a bad team but it lacks a second scorer or a great compliment to Boogie. Maybe the overall balance of the roster and Joerger's coaching leads to a better team, but long term they still need that second star. It's part of why I'm really high on trying to trade for Bledsoe and gambling on his health.
Well I think you're forgetting about Anderson in my scenario, but of course he isn't a star. But then again, neither is Gay. He's a decent 2nd scorer but he doesn't provide much else right now.

You're really not going to be able to trade Gay for a star anyway unless you attach a lot more value with him. He still has a negative reputation around the league, he's in his 30s, and is expiring. So I say again, you're not getting a star for him if he's the centerpiece in any of our trades.

It just so happens that Evans has been better than Gay in RAPM, RPM, & On/Off over the past 2 years, so in a sense, we would be upgrading in talent.

EDIT: but yes, you don't really have that true #2 star on that roster, but that's the way it is. We don't have the assets to acquire that type of player unless we want to give up the farm (Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, etc.) which I don't want to do.

The Kings should be focused on accruing as much young talent as possible right now (while also keeping an eye on putting together a team that can compete now to entice Boogie to stay) and developing that talent to the best of their abilities. Then in a year or two maybe you have the assets to either trade for that second star or attract one in FA.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I think you're forgetting about Anderson in my scenario, but of course he isn't a star. But then again, neither is Gay. He's a decent 2nd scorer but he doesn't provide much else right now.

You're really not going to be able to trade Gay for a star anyway unless you attach a lot more value with him. He still has a negative reputation around the league, he's in his 30s, and is expiring. So I say again, you're not getting a star for him if he's the centerpiece in any of our trades.

It just so happens that Evans has been better than Gay in RAPM, RPM, & On/Off over the past 2 years, so in a sense, we would be upgrading in talent.

EDIT: but yes, you don't really have that true #2 star on that roster, but that's the way it is. We don't have the assets to acquire that type of player unless we want to give up the farm (Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, etc.) which I don't want to do.

The Kings should be focused on accruing as much young talent as possible right now (while also keeping an eye on putting together a team that can compete now to entice Boogie to stay) and developing that talent to the best of their abilities. Then in a year or two maybe you have the assets to either trade for that second star or attract one in FA.
I don't remember the details of your scenario but getting Anderson, Crabbe, Tyreke, and Hill would be tough. It would mean trades involving Gay & Koufos to free the cap room and for Portland not matching on Crabbe (or S&T'ing him) to make the math work.

Part of why I like the idea of Bledsoe is that I think Phoenix is a team that CAN use Rudy. With the new salary cap he's now a bargain compared to his production and his game would mesh well in Phoenix given the outside shooting/scoring and their two young draft picks essentially being stretch fours. Rudy would be allowed to work the midrange and post up smaller forwards. Plus he's a nice vet to help groom Chriss and Bender - especially Chriss. MQ says Gay is his favorite player and the two are built very similarly. Gay is an inch shorter but has a longer wingspan & reach and both came in as very high level athletes.

Of course it would depend on the Kings getting an additional asset or assets from trading KK and BM (assuming PHX doesn't want Koufos and/or Ben themselves) to make an equal offer for Bledsoe.

Given the rumblings that they want to move him and that he wants out I think it's feasible.

2016 FA point guards:
Conley, Rondo, Deron Williams, Lin, Jennings, Chalmers

2017 FA point guards:
Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Lowry, Holiday, Teague, George Hill, Schröder, Mills

I don't remember the details of your scenario but getting Anderson, Crabbe, Tyreke, and Hill would be tough. It would mean trades involving Gay & Koufos to free the cap room and for Portland not matching on Crabbe (or S&T'ing him) to make the math work.

Part of why I like the idea of Bledsoe is that I think Phoenix is a team that CAN use Rudy. With the new salary cap he's now a bargain compared to his production and his game would mesh well in Phoenix given the outside shooting/scoring and their two young draft picks essentially being stretch fours. Rudy would be allowed to work the midrange and post up smaller forwards. Plus he's a nice vet to help groom Chriss and Bender - especially Chriss. MQ says Gay is his favorite player and the two are built very similarly. Gay is an inch shorter but has a longer wingspan & reach and both came in as very high level athletes.

Of course it would depend on the Kings getting an additional asset or assets from trading KK and BM (assuming PHX doesn't want Koufos and/or Ben themselves) to make an equal offer for Bledsoe.

Given the rumblings that they want to move him and that he wants out I think it's feasible.

I would be very happy if that happens

Cousins is not at his best as a Roll Man.

AD excels at it. That's why Tyreke fits on the Pelicans.
What's wrong with the pick & pop with Cousins?

Evans is known for finishing at the rim. Having Cousins pop allows Evans to have one less big man in the paint to try and score over or around. If the the big man defender switches onto Evans and plays off of him (respecting his dribble drive), quickly swing it back to Cousins in the high post against the smaller defender and have him go to work.

Last edited:

Yeah, Gay was sent to NOP for Evans, & Koufos would be traded to the Knicks for a future pick to give them a cheap defensive center (Rose/high price wing/Anthony/Porzingis/Koufos is a solid starting 5).

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting Bledsoe. People like to bring up his injury history, but to me it's really not an issue considering his contract. His contract is so cheap that it allows you to grab a good backup. If he was making in the $20 mil range, then yeah I think it would be hard to build a team around him, but his contract (as it is now) still gives him team flexibility to have a solid backup PG while also having money to spend elsewhere.

All I'm saying is I don't think we have what it takes to get Bledsoe if we're not trading Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, etc. Bledsoe holds the advantage over Gay in almost every category (age, defense, playmaking, competitiveness, toughness, contract). I find it very hard to believe that we could pluck him without adding anything else substantial to Gay.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting Bledsoe. People like to bring up his injury history, but to me it's really not an issue considering his contract.

I find it very hard to believe that we could pluck him without adding anything else substantial to Gay.
Yeah, it would hinge on getting something Phoenix wants by trading Koufos and Ben to a third and possibly fourth team. If Crabbe is worth $15 million in this market I think Ben (who has put up similar numbers, is younger and teams might still feel has potential to get significantly better) will be interesting to some teams at $4 million. And Koufos may appeal to teams that are looking at Howard, Whiteside, Ezeli and who lose out on grabbing one of those defensive, rebounding centers. He doesn't provide that level of shotblocking but at $8 million he's going to be enticing.

And getting Bledsoe would make an overpay on a guy like Crabbe more palatable because he's costing a lot but he's not asked to do more than he can - be a knockdown outside shooter with size and develop his defense some more. Bledsoe even helps cover up his anemic rebounding numbers.

Cousins
Cauley-Stein
Casspi
Crabbe
Bledsoe

with a bench of Anderson, Hill, Collison/Curry and Papagiannis (at around 10 mpg or so) to me is a playoff team with potential.

Possible? Yeah, maybe. I'm prepared to be disappointed with the Kings offseason as that just always seems to be the case, but if Vlade did something like this I'd actually be excited to watch the Kings again after the let down that was this season.

And the tire fire that was the season before that. And the drama and potential heartbreak of the season before that. And so on.

Yeah, it would hinge on getting something Phoenix wants by trading Koufos and Ben to a third and possibly fourth team. If Crabbe is worth $15 million in this market I think Ben (who has put up similar numbers, is younger and teams might still feel has potential to get significantly better) will be interesting to some teams at $4 million. And Koufos may appeal to teams that are looking at Howard, Whiteside, Ezeli and who lose out on grabbing one of those defensive, rebounding centers. He doesn't provide that level of shotblocking but at $8 million he's going to be enticing.

And getting Bledsoe would make an overpay on a guy like Crabbe more palatable because he's costing a lot but he's not asked to do more than he can - be a knockdown outside shooter with size and develop his defense some more. Bledsoe even helps cover up his anemic rebounding numbers.

Cousins
Cauley-Stein
Casspi
Crabbe
Bledsoe

with a bench of Anderson, Hill, Collison/Curry and Papagiannis (at around 10 mpg or so) to me is a playoff team with potential.

Possible? Yeah, maybe. I'm prepared to be disappointed with the Kings offseason as that just always seems to be the case, but if Vlade did something like this I'd actually be excited to watch the Kings again after the let down that was this season.

And the tire fire that was the season before that. And the drama and potential heartbreak of the season before that. And so on.
Just curious, where do you see Papagiannis getting 10 minutes? Anderson averaged 30 last season, Cousins should be getting around 35-36 minutes a game, and Cauley-Stein should be in the 26-28 minute range. Then you have Casspi who often slides over as a small-ball PF. Papagiannis should not be given any minutes to start. He should only see floor time in the beginning if we're in foul trouble or if we get an injury (and even then I would opt for Acy as the 4th big). Otherwise, he needs to prove he deserves those minutes.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious, where do you see Papagiannis getting 10 minutes? Anderson averaged 30 last season, Cousins should be getting around 35-36 minutes a game, and Cauley-Stein should be in the 26-28 minute range. Then you have Casspi who often slides over as a small-ball PF. Papagiannis should not be given any minutes to start. He should only see floor time in the beginning if we're in foul trouble or if we get an injury (and even then I would opt for Acy as the 4th big). Otherwise, he needs to prove he deserves those minutes.
Well, the mpg numbers you gave would be a career high for Cousins, a 7 mpg increase for Trill and match Ryno's career high. But even if we use those there will always be foul trouble and injury concerns.

And if Koufos is dealt, Papagiannis is the only big body left on the team after Cousins. Depending on matchups it may make zero sense to give him minutes. But there are a few teams where Willie isn't a good solution to a big bodied center that can score in the post. In time he may get to be like Tyson Chandler and learn to fight for position and use his length against bigger guys but right now the Pekovics, Nurkics & Gortats of the world are going to take him to the blocks for easy scores.

I could still see Casspi getting some minutes at the PF spot but in changing from Karl to Joerger and with Gay gone I think those instances will decrease somewhat.

I don't think Papagiannis gets 10 mpg every game, but I think Joerger tries to give him time when he can to develop him and if Cousins is injured or suspended (hopefully not) then Big George becomes the backup center behind Willie who can't play huge minutes and sliding Anderson to the five often won't be an option. In those games he could be forced to play 20 mpg. And there may or may not be room for Acy on this team. Cousins, Anderson, Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis and Labissiere already eat up 5 of the 6 spots. If Gudaitis makes an impression in SL he may get that last spot. Also in this scenario Acy would have to take the room exception. If another team decides to offer him $3 million or more the Kings wouldn't be able to match that.

I think Papagiannis' minutes in his rookie year will be very inconsistent because it will depend on matchups and available depth, but he'll get some burn for sure.

Well, the mpg numbers you gave would be a career high for Cousins, a 7 mpg increase for Trill and match Ryno's career high. But even if we use those there will always be foul trouble and injury concerns.
You're right. It is a career high for Cousins, but putting it in that frame of words is misleading. It's only a 30sec to 1min 30sec increase from last year. Besides, he's our franchise player and a top 10 player. Should we really not be playing him 35-36 mpg at minimum? he was at 34min 30sec last year under a coach that wanted to run all the time. Add to the fact that Cousins reportedly lost 18lbs, is it really that hard to believe?

As for Anderson, you are incorrect. There have been 3 seasons in his career where he averaged more minutes than he did last year.

As for Cauley-Stein, I think most of us agree that we wanted him on the floor more last year. Good things happened when he was out there. Your point about him not being a big enough body to play center in certain situations doesn't hold much validity in my eyes. There aren't many centers who can take advantage of him with brute strength, and in fact, Cauley-Stein was statistically better at C last year. Increasing a sophomore's minutes after he had a successful rookie campaign is to be expected even more so when many of us were clamoring for Karl to up his minutes during his rookie year.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right. It is a career high for Cousins, but putting it in that frame of words is misleading. It's only a 30sec to 1min 30sec increase from last year. Besides, he's our franchise player and a top 10 player. Should we really not be playing him 35-36 mpg? he was at 34min 30sec last year under a coach that wanted to run all the time. Add to the fact that Cousins reportedly lost 18lbs, is it really that hard to believe?

As for Anderson, you are incorrect. There have been 3 seasons in his career where he averaged more minutes than he did last year.

As for Cauley-Stein, I think most of us agree that we wanted him on the floor more last year. Good things happened when he was out there. Your point about him not being a big enough body to play center in certain situations doesn't hold much validity in my eyes. There aren't many centers who can take advantage of him with brute strength, and in fact, Cauley-Stein was statistically better at C last year. Increasing a sophomore's minutes after he had a successful rookie campaign is to be expected even more so when many of us were clamoring for Karl to up his minutes last year.
You're right on Anderson. I'm not sure what I was looking at there. As for Willie, yeah, you definitely want him on the floor much more but that's also dependent on him being able to play those minutes. Last summer/preseason the narrative was that Cauley-Stein wasn't in good enough shape as he would asked to come out of more than one SL game. I've been wondering if being heterzygous for sickle cell just means his wind will always be limited due to oxygen capacity. I hope not, but we'll see this year if his role expands.

I'm glad to see Boogie trimming down and hopefully that will help him on the court and help him to stay healthier because in the last 3 seasons he's missed 51 games (an average of 17 per season) due to injury or suspension. If Koufos is dealt Papagiannis is going to be the backup center when Cousins is out. And I don't think that's a bad thing. Guys will only develop if they get to play. He'll need to adjust to the game through Summer League, training camp and the beginning of the year when he's likely not playing, but if Joerger can't find 5-10 minutes to get him some NBA experience it's not going to help the Kings lottery pick get any better.

You're right on Anderson. I'm not sure what I was looking at there. As for Willie, yeah, you definitely want him on the floor much more but that's also dependent on him being able to play those minutes. Last summer/preseason the narrative was that Cauley-Stein wasn't in good enough shape as he would asked to come out of more than one SL game. I've been wondering if being heterzygous for sickle cell just means his wind will always be limited due to oxygen capacity. I hope not, but we'll see this year if his role expands.

I'm glad to see Boogie trimming down and hopefully that will help him on the court and help him to stay healthier because in the last 3 seasons he's missed 51 games (an average of 17 per season) due to injury or suspension. If Koufos is dealt Papagiannis is going to be the backup center when Cousins is out. And I don't think that's a bad thing. Guys will only develop if they get to play. He'll need to adjust to the game through Summer League, training camp and the beginning of the year when he's likely not playing, but if Joerger can't find 5-10 minutes to get him some NBA experience it's not going to help the Kings lottery pick get any better.
I guess my point is that he shouldn't have to "find" time for him. Papagiannis should be earning it. He can get his experience in practice, when injuries hit, & when players get into foul trouble. When we're in this position of competing now, our roster shouldn't be reliant on a late lotto pick getting any kind of consistent minutes. If we were rebuilding, sure throw him in there, but that's not where we're at right now.

Cousins, Cauley-Stein, Anderson, Acy, & Casspi on this team should result in 0 minutes for Papagiannis if everyone is healthy/out of foul trouble. If Joerger thinks Papagiannis is good enough to make us better, great! Throw him in the rotation! But we should not go into the season planning or relying on Papagiannis getting any consistent minutes. That's all I'm saying.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess my point is that he shouldn't have to "find" time for him. Papagiannis should be earning it. He can get his experience in practice, when injuries hit, & when players get into foul trouble. When we're in this position of competing now, our roster shouldn't be reliant on a late lotto pick getting any kind of consistent minutes. If we were rebuilding, sure throw him in there, but that's not where we're at right now.

Cousins, Cauley-Stein, Anderson, Acy, & Casspi on this team should result in 0 minutes for Papagiannis if everyone is healthy/out of foul trouble. If Joerger thinks Papagiannis is good enough to make us better, great! Throw him in the rotation! But we should not go into the season planning or relying on Papagiannis getting any consistent minutes. That's all I'm saying.
It sounds like we're saying essentially the same thing. My only point is that if Koufos is gone, Papagiannis is going to get the call to play some minutes. Maybe not early on, but depending on matchups or especially with foul trouble or injuries. If either Cauley-Stein or Cousins goes out, he's essentially the only center left on the roster if/when Kosta is dealt.

I also am not sure Acy returns. Vlade seemed to think the team was "set with bigs" and while a Koufos trade would change that, the team would be losing a center which Acy is not. I think Vlade would rather have Papagiannis and Labissiere be the 4th and 5th bigs considering he said that Papagiannis could play a role like Willie did last season. And whether you or I agree with that or not, I can see the logic. These are Vlade's picks and reflect on his job as GM. He wants to see them have opportunities and play well when given some minutes. Most of my scenarios involve signing Acy with the room exception at the end of free agency because I love the guy, his energy and the different look he gives the team, but I just have this feeling that Vlade is going to want to move on.

I don't think we can get Bledsoe without giving up WCS. Rudy sounds nice, but then again, after they trade Bledsoe, who's their starting PG? If people here don't want Knight(as starting pg), why would Phoenix? Knight/Booker/Gay/Chandler/Len would be in the lotto. Having Gay doesn't propel them anywhere.

They're basically trading a PG in his prime for a 1 year rental of a SF at his peak.
Unless Bledsoe's injury is significantly worse than we've all thought, they say no.

Would I give up WCS straight up for Bledsoe? I think I would... Bledsoe is a top 10 PG when healthy. He's tied up for 3 more years.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we can get Bledsoe without giving up WCS. Rudy sounds nice, but then again, after they trade Bledsoe, who's their starting PG? If people here don't want Knight(as starting pg), why would Phoenix? Knight/Booker/Gay/Chandler/Len would be in the lotto. Having Gay doesn't propel them anywhere.

They're basically trading a PG in his prime for a 1 year rental of a SF at his peak.
Unless Bledsoe's injury is significantly worse than we've all thought, they say no.

Would I give up WCS straight up for Bledsoe? I think I would... Bledsoe is a top 10 PG when healthy. He's tied up for 3 more years.
Word is that they want to move him and the feeling is mutual. If true, it's about putting together a package they'd accept.

The obvious gamble with Bledsoe is his injury history. That plays a part in his current value.

I'd move Koufos and McLemore to a 3rd (and 4th if necessary) team to get more assets that Phoenix would want, assuming they don't want Ben & Koufos directly.

But as I said, it's really dependent on the rumors of the Suns looking to move Bledsoe being true.

Word is that they want to move him and the feeling is mutual. If true, it's about putting together a package they'd accept.

I'd move Koufos and McLemore to a 3rd (and 4th if necessary) team to get more assets that Phoenix would want, assuming they don't want Ben & Koufos directly.
I think you left off Gay. It would definitely have to take at minimum, Gay, Koufos, and McLemore in a 3 team deal. I still don't feel like the Suns would say yes.
I could see it being a 3 team trade with Kings-Suns-Bulls

Kings receive: Eric Bledsoe
Suns receive: Jerian Grant, Bobby Portis, Doug McDermott, and 2016 Kings pick
Bulls receive: Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, and Kosta Koufos.

I feel like the Bulls would be the ones to say no to this trade. No one knows what they want to do with their team, but Gay gives them a much needed SF. They're basically trading their future away, which I'm not sure they want to do. It gives the Suns a good opportunity to rebuild and hope the Kings suck.

I think a more realistic trade would almost have to include WCS.
Kings: Bledsoe and Leur
Suns: WCS

I think you left off Gay. It would definitely have to take at minimum, Gay, Koufos, and McLemore in a 3 team deal. I still don't feel like the Suns would say yes.
I could see it being a 3 team trade with Kings-Suns-Bulls

Kings receive: Eric Bledsoe
Suns receive: Jerian Grant, Bobby Portis, Doug McDermott, and 2016 Kings pick
Bulls receive: Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, and Kosta Koufos.

I feel like the Bulls would be the ones to say no to this trade. No one knows what they want to do with their team, but Gay gives them a much needed SF. They're basically trading their future away, which I'm not sure they want to do. It gives the Suns a good opportunity to rebuild and hope the Kings suck.

I think a more realistic trade would almost have to include WCS.
Kings: Bledsoe and Leur
Suns: WCS
Boo. Not trading wcs for a guy that can't stay healthy

Boo. Not trading wcs for a guy that can't stay healthy
That guy could be difference between the playoffs and trading Cousins at the deadline. I think it's a risk we should take.. finding elite PGs are extremely hard in the NBA. Let alone begging them to come here through FA. WCS is going to dominate with his size and ability to play small ball. Medicine today is much stronger than it was 5 years ago. I think Bledsoe can come back at 100%.

What do you guys think Curry is going to cost? He would be a good player for Philly to go after to pair with Simmions

I saw a Philly fan say he would like the 76ers to target him

Seth may be in the MLE area. Depends on how the market plays out.

One of the best things for the Kings would be Durant deciding on Miami, and Miami trying to move Dragic to sign 3 big FAs. Kings have small contracts to offer in exchange.

Am I crazy for thinking Tyreke-Collison back court would be great?

Tyreke has ALWAYS been a PG no matter how much people dislike his playmaking(5.9asts rookie year)? Collison can be our secondary ball handler who can be dished 3s from Evans. Collison does a great job playing off the ball.

Of course, this means we move Gay, but we could ask for Pondexter back. Pondexter is coming off of a year long injury, but he's had a lot of time to heal. He was an elite shooter with the Pelicans in 2015 at 43.3%. He's a low usage 3&D player.

Tyreke+Pondexter for Gay.

Tyreke
Collison
Pondexter
WCS/Anderson
Cousins

With Ryan Anderson off the bench? or Perhaps Willie?