3 projects

Hard to be optimistic.

One stud.
One true starter.
3 fringe starters/ top bench guys.
7 decent bench rotation players
3 projects

Hard to be optimistic.
Bit harsh on some of the players. Afflalo has been a starter for majority of his career. While not a world beater he is a stable veteran at a position where we haven't hd stability for good part of half a decade.

People also forget how good Collison has been for us as a starter. He has a very good chemistry with Cousins and Gay and when those 3 are on the court together, good things happen....they just mash. This team purely based on talent alone is good enough to push for a play off spot.

Having said that, talent alone doesn't get you there. It's the other things that are a huge question mark for us. Can we build the culture we want pretty quickly. Can Joerger get us to play great defense and work our backsides off on both sides of the ball consistently night in night out?

Can the team gel quickly and play as a team? Can we become a very unselfish team on both ends of the court?

It's a deep team in most positions and it is mostly a veteran team with some solid prospects on the roster for the future.

It's on Joerger to get it all together and get the players to buy in. A lot of question mark but a lot of hope there as well. There is a lot of work to do and its hard to get studs when you keep blowing draft picks year in, year out and have no other overly attractive assets.

Under the circumstances we did as we possibly could. There is still a lot of question marks especially at PG but even with question marks, there is also a lot of good potential at that position as well.

Bit harsh on some of the players. Afflalo has been a starter for majority of his career. While not a world beater he is a stable veteran at a position where we haven't hd stability for good part of half a decade.

People also forget how good Collison has been for us as a starter. He has a very good chemistry with Cousins and Gay and when those 3 are on the court together, good things happen....they just mash. This team purely based on talent alone is good enough to push for a play off spot.

Having said that, talent alone doesn't get you there. It's the other things that are a huge question mark for us. Can we build the culture we want pretty quickly. Can Joerger get us to play great defense and work our backsides off on both sides of the ball consistently night in night out?

Can the team gel quickly and play as a team? Can we become a very unselfish team on both ends of the court?

It's a deep team in most positions and it is mostly a veteran team with some solid prospects on the roster for the future.

It's on Joerger to get it all together and get the players to buy in. A lot of question mark but a lot of hope there as well. There is a lot of work to do and its hard to get studs when you keep blowing draft picks year in, year out and have no other overly attractive assets.

Under the circumstances we did as we possibly could. There is still a lot of question marks especially at PG but even with question marks, there is also a lot of good potential at that position as well.
Very good post. I try to be as objective as I can. I think it is reasonable to argue that team could actually make a push for the 8th seed if everything goes right. I am not saying that it will happen but it could happen if everyone buys in what Joerger is selling. The talent is there. The roster is deep and makes sense.
But of course I also said that last year so there is that :p

ALOT of things have to go right for us to be in the playoff hunt. Unless the West is uncharacteristically weak at the bottom again, we're likely heading for another 9-10 seed.

The Lawson gamble is worth it if the team is done. We need him to get back to his old form if we want a shot at the playoffs.

ALOT of things have to go right for us to be in the playoff hunt. Unless the West is uncharacteristically weak at the bottom again, we're likely heading for another 9-10 seed.

The Lawson gamble is worth it if the team is done. We need him to get back to his old form if we want a shot at the playoffs.
Dallas has a legit chance to catch the injury bug.

Utah is probably in.

Gonna have to most likely stay ahead of the Rockets (defensive issues), and Wolves (youth).

That 8th seed is a legit possibility. I have the Kings at 11th right now. And I'm not convinced the 8th seed is going to be above 500. 40 wins may get you in.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I wanted to bump this. DC is fine but Lawson seems like an awkward fit. I think Lawson could be a potential trade piece with Casspi and/or WCS, Ben and others. Still like to obtain Bledsoe somehow, Dragic, younger guys in Rozier or Payne or other upgrade.

How would you guys feel about Tim Frazier out of New Orleans? with Reke out he's been outperforming guys like Rubio, but he looks to be going back to the bench eventually. Decent stats and may be looking for the kind of opportunity Sacramento could provide next year.

How would you guys feel about Tim Frazier out of New Orleans? with Reke out he's been outperforming guys like Rubio, but he looks to be going back to the bench eventually. Decent stats and may be looking for the kind of opportunity Sacramento could provide next year.
Having watched a few Pelican games this season, I don't think Frazier is the answer at PG. He's extremely undersized at only 6'1 170lbs. He doesn't do anything 1 thing particularly well. He's padding his assist stats on a team with AD.

I think this upcoming draft is the best option for us at PG.

We can legitimately find a franchise PG as long as we pick in the top 5. Here's the list of guys from best to worst:

1. Markelle Fultz
2. Lonzo Ball
3. Dennis Smith Jr
4. DeAaron Fox
5. Frank Ntilinka
6. Jawun Evans

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think this upcoming draft is the best option for us at PG.

We can legitimately find a franchise PG as long as we pick in the top 5. Here's the list of guys from best to worst:

1. Markelle Fultz
2. Lonzo Ball
3. Dennis Smith Jr
4. DeAaron Fox
5. Frank Ntilinka
6. Jawun Evans
I'm not meaning to nit pic because you probably have them in the order they'll be drafted, at least right now. But as to who is the best? Well that probably depends on what the individual team is looking for. If you looking for a player that needs the ball in his hands to be effective (Rubio/Rondo) then you'd probably lean toward Ball or Fox, but if you looking for PG that can play off the ball, (Parker/Bibby), then Fultz or Smith might be better for you. Although I think a player like Fultz is capable of doing either. I do think fit is important.

There are some other lesser known PG's that will be available later in the first round, or second round. Kobi Simmons from Arizona has size, and has a lot of potential, but lacks strength and experience at the position. Frank Jackson from Duke is solid, but not spectacular. I really like Monte Morris from Iowa St. Good shooter and ball handler with good court vision. Needs to improve his defense. He has defensive potential, so all he needs is better focus and intensity.

So Gay plus Ty for Bledsoe, trade works on real GM after 12/15
Step one:

we need to use Gay as a trade piece to get either Wall or Bledsoe If We want the Cuz, Wall, Bledsoe super team.
If we get Cuz and one of the two, that will ensure Cuz stays here
and the two lobbys the third to come to sac

I don't think we can get Wall here - not yet

But if Wash is fed up with him, Wall is unhappy, cant work with Beal
maybe We throw whatever we have left Koufos, BenMac and DC
or wait another year or so , then make a run for him

I just want sacto to be the team that gets the 3 superfriends together

dude12

Hall of Famer
Was looking at the PG stats for the league.....except for FG% where DC is shooting a very nice 49%.....our 2 PGs just don't crack the top 20 in most categories. I think steals/48 we crack top 20 but scoring, the assists categories, TOs, etc.... We are really irrelevant. When we upgrade this position and still have Cousins, we could take a leap forward.