|||... Peja this summer...|||

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thesanityannex

Deathrow, with you being from Serbia, what is the common reaction from your countrymen on Peja? Disgust, shame, hate, understanding etc?

D

DeAtHrOw

AleksandarN said:
I thought so. Thank you
Great response, either way I am not a hypocrite unlike you. Let's not get off the topic here so if you got any other "issues" to discuss with feel free to PM-me.

D

DeAtHrOw

thesanityannex said:
Deathrow, with you being from Serbia, what is the common reaction from your countrymen on Peja? Disgust, shame, hate, understanding etc?
Oh man...someone already said it...comments I have heard and seen on the fourms make the "Peja-haters" talk look like foreplay :)

I have to go now but I am sure we will chat some more on this topic.

Good night

D

DeAtHrOw

By the way I do not think backlash would have been nearly as bad if the championship was not being held in Belgrade, Serbia. That makes it even worse considering it is not often a country gets to host it.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Montenegros-Finest said:
This guy have to go to Croatia were her come from. It is better for him to never go to belgrade anymore. This competition is in our own country and waht is this guy doing?? He said i am tierd an couldn´t play. I can´t believe this.
What are You talking about ???

What has Serbia done for Pedja and so many refugees just like him. NOTHING !!!

We have to be gratefull that he was a part of 2 championship teams. We can only say thank You.

Asking Pedja and other NBA players for 6 weeks of useless training camp is insane and I would not do it either. Ginobili only came to Argentina week before Olympics and it was enough.

piksi

Hall of Famer
thesanityannex said:
If I were getting paid 15 million a year, I would do whatever my employer wanted ie: spongebaths, feet cleaning, plucking back hair, popping zits.....whatever keeps the money coming.

he is not making 15 million a year

DocHolliday said:
Also another thing to consider. Last summer Peja becomes a daddy and now has a family. He sits out of the national team play. Plays a whole NBA season maybe is legitimately tired, but he probably wants to spend time with his kid and wife to. You can't let your work consume you and forget about the other part of your life.
Didn't stop Divac rocking up. Didn't stop a lot of players playing for their NT.

This thing about being tured is a hogwash. Dirk NEVER ever quits on his country. He is always there. Peja is there when it suits him rather than when the nation needs him. Thats soft. Really soft.

Gasol has canceled because of injury but prior to the injury, Gasol always was there for the Spaniards while Peja was soaking up sun somewhere in Greece.

There is no reason why he can't do both the camps and the NT duties. He just chooses not to do them.

pee weak Peja. pee weak :mad:

T

thesanityannex

Čarolija said:
Didn't stop Divac rocking up. Didn't stop a lot of players playing for their NT.

This thing about being tured is a hogwash. Dirk NEVER ever quits on his country. He is always there. Peja is there when it suits him rather than when the nation needs him. Thats soft. Really soft.

Gasol has canceled because of injury but prior to the injury, Gasol always was there for the Spaniards while Peja was soaking up sun somewhere in Greece.

There is no reason why he can't do both the camps and the NT duties. He just chooses not to do them.

pee weak Peja. pee weak :mad:
Who are you to tell Peja what he should do, his mother? Yes he is a professional basketball player, and we are fans, but we can't tell him where he should or shouldn't play. Not our choice. I can't believe some of the crap people are saying about Peja. Poor guy, maybe he should revoke his own citizenship to thwart criticism.

Bricklayer said:
Yes, we are going to hold it against them as professional athletes assuming that it becomes an either/or for the simple reason that as a pro sports franchise we can find people who DON'T and should not be paying for Peja's family time. Those millions a year aren't just for playing basketball games (which should be fun), they're for doing the work needed to prepare to play basketball games.
I have to respectfully disagree with the idea here. NBA players are paid according to thier contract, and I don't think Peja is contractually obligated to not spend time with his family in order to work on his game in the offseason(excpet for maybe some camps or whatever little things they might have him do like that). Those millions may not just be for games, but I don't think they cover much of what goes on during the summer months. How much work he does could effect his future contracts and whether or not he will merit a max.

If the Kings organization can find people who will sacrifice family life to be better basketball players but Peja won't, then it is up to the organization to bring those players in and not offer Peja that same amount. If someone offered me $15Million right now to play basketball I'd take it whether I had the time in the offseason to get better or not. I highly doubt there are many people who wouldn't do the same. Yeah, we all want heart and guts and toughness and clutch play, but if Peja doesn't have that, no amount of offseason training is gonna make him have it(or contractual incentives).

My opinion is that we should not give Peja the max because he doesn't perform like that type of player and I don't expect him to start now. I won't hold it against Peja if the Kings give him a max deal and he continues to play as he has always played.

Savo said:
Somehow I miss Svetislav Pesic a lot. Those were the days...
Time to get him back I reckon. He knew how to handle players and get the best out of them. Maljkovic would be good and while Ivkovic is old he is still by far the best coach in Europe and I would be pretty happy if he gets appointed. I think its time for Obradovic to move with the times. I never thought he was a great coach. He always had unbeleiveable talent to work with and he had Ivkovic as his "assistant" calling the shots.

Time for a change.

T

thesanityannex

Čarolija said:
Peja is there when it suits him rather than when the nation needs him. Thats soft. Really soft.
Sounds as if you are talking about going to war, this is just basketball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, let's try not to get this too off-topic. Americans can't really understand the importance of Euros playing for their national team because it's an entirely different scenario for them. There is a lot of pride and unity tied up in those championships, and for Peja to declare he's not going to play for his home country when they HOST the championships is a big slap in the face...

And at the risk of once again being labelled a Peja basher, I have to say this is icing on the cake...

:rolleyes:

Peja's not going to play because it was such a hard NBA season for him? Oh, waaaaaah! It was a hard NBA season for Mike Bibby, too, who also has a family. What's Mike doing? He played in the SPDL league and he's reportedly spending time at the practice facility working his game.

Peja played 66 games. Mike played 80.

Peja IS soft. It's apparent he's also NOT committed to basketball in the off-season. I would absolutely love to be wrong about this - and I would gladly eat my words if we could see just ONE article about him spending time with a coach, working on his post game, etc.

We aren't going to see it, though...and that's too bad. Not only for us - the fans - but for the Kings.

T

thesanityannex

peja needs to have some sort of machine that will throw balls off the backboard for him so he can practice his rebounding, kind of like a tennis ball machine type deal. hell, i'll go to his house and throw them for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
peja needs to have some sort of machine that will throw balls off the backboard for him so he can practice his rebounding, kind of like a tennis ball machine type deal. hell, i'll go to his house and throw them for him.
Sorry, Peja doesn't do basketball at home.

Montenegros-Finest said:
He is a serb form Croatia and so he didn´t fell right for serbia like a serb form serbia or montenegro. When the war began he come to serbia an the people in belgrade help him and do everything for him. And what is he doing now? He said i can´t play beacause i am tierd. I will never see him in an serbia jersey again. He can go and play for Jamaica that not interest me anymore.
This has to be a single most ignorant statement I have ever read on here. Keep the politics out of this. We are judging Peja solely on his basketball skills and not on his nationality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.