|||... Peja this summer...|||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bricklayer said:
Well you didn't really think he was serious did you? ;)

Never ceases to amaze me after 7 years why hope seems to spring eternal for this particular dog to change his spots. He's going to be 50 and people are still going to be waiting for him to go through some magnificent metamorphosis.
you mean turning into a monarch........butterfly

After reading remarks some fans have after this report I begginning wonder if they are fans of Pedja (let alone fans of the Kings) or just fans of who ever is of Serbian nationatity

T

thesanityannex

civija said:
You should be thanking him for services rendered and not bashing him for wanting to take a break. He has no obligation to play for any country.
Exactly. Has he signed any contracts stating that he has to play for his country??? Apparently not. I can see why some are dissappointed in his decision (if true), but that is no reason to bag on the guy. He just finished an entire season, if he wants to rest, so be it.

civija said:
You should be thanking him for services rendered and not bashing him for wanting to take a break. He has no obligation to play for any country.
He is a serb form Croatia and so he didn´t fell right for serbia like a serb form serbia or montenegro. When the war began he come to serbia an the people in belgrade help him and do everything for him. And what is he doing now? He said i can´t play beacause i am tierd. I will never see him in an serbia jersey again. He can go and play for Jamaica that not interest me anymore.

T

thesanityannex

Peja's hometown fans are dropping like flies.

I thought Peja was so soft, why would anyone want him to play anyway?

D

DeAtHrOw

Montenegros-Finest said:
He is a serb form Croatia and so he didn´t fell right for serbia like a serb form serbia or montenegro. When the war began he come to serbia an the people in belgrade help him and do everything for him. And what is he doing now? He said i can´t play beacause i am tierd. I will never see him in an serbia jersey again. He can go and play for Jamaica that not interest me anymore.

Oh give me a break, did not Red Star basketball club declare him as "untalented"...did he not go to Greece at the age of 17 to play professionally?

On the other hand I am very disappointed with his decision IF IT IS TRUE. In that case he better start the season in november in the best shape ever.

T

thesanityannex

Personally, I'd like him well rested for the NBA season.....................where he is PAID.

D

DeAtHrOw

thesanityannex said:
Personally, I'd like him well rested for the NBA season.....................where he is PAID.
How would you like your employer to tell you what to do in your free time/vacation?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
AleksandarN said:
After reading remarks some fans have after this report I begginning wonder if they are fans of Pedja (let alone fans of the Kings) or just fans of who ever is of Serbian nationatity
Bingo!!

T

thesanityannex

DeAtHrOw said:
How would you like your employer to tell you what to do in your free time/vacation?
If I were getting paid 15 million a year, I would do whatever my employer wanted ie: spongebaths, feet cleaning, plucking back hair, popping zits.....whatever keeps the money coming.

D

DeAtHrOw

thesanityannex said:
If I were getting paid 15 million a year, I would do whatever my employer wanted ie: spongebaths, feet cleaning, plucking back hair, popping zits.....whatever keeps the money coming.
LOL :) you and me both...like I said being Serbian I am disappointed but he better be dropping 25pts, 7reb per game next season.

T

thesanityannex

one summer off=one more rpg

makes sense to me, I would also like

one summer off=two hard fouls per game, one technical per three games

D

DeAtHrOw

thesanityannex said:
one summer off=one more rpg

makes sense to me, I would also like

one summer off=two hard fouls per game, one technical per three games
Sounds good to me...well will see if this is confirmed by a more reliable source within the next day or two. Talk to you later.

O

ONEZERO

if he dont wanna play, so be it... just leave the guy alone.... how many americans didnt wanna play in the olymics? a lot because theyre tired... i would rather have him be rested and in shape for next season... im telling u the reason why he was out of shape coming into last year was because he was coming off of his best season and he probly felt he didnt need to do much... now he knows he cant do that again and i think he doesnt wanna play overseas cause he wants to be ready for next season and he has a contract year coming up.

D

DeAtHrOw

ONEZERO said:
if he dont wanna play, so be it... just leave the guy alone.... how many americans didnt wanna play in the olymics? a lot because theyre tired... i would rather have him be rested and in shape for next season... im telling u the reason why he was out of shape coming into last year was because he was coming off of his best season and he probly felt he didnt need to do much... now he knows he cant do that again and i think he doesnt wanna play overseas cause he wants to be ready for next season and he has a contract year coming up.

No offense to you but I really do not care how many Americans did not want to play for their national team. That is your problem, Peja not playing for Serbia is our problem. You forgetting one important fact...USA can afford to have its key players not play and still be the favorite to win it all...Serbia CANNOT.

You are comparing apples and oranges. And by the way...after your showing in World Championship 2002 and the Olympics I bet you there will be a lot more pressure on the American players to play for USA.

DeAtHrOw said:
Aleksandar probably cheered for Sacramento long before Divac ever came :rolleyes:
I never said I did. But I becaome a fan of the Kings since 99. It does not matter how one becomes a fan of a team whether it is because you were born in the area, or was a fan because of how great they are. or because one of your favourite players play there, the only thing that matters is the love of the team. You questioning my loyality to the team is pretty funning coming from you.

T

thesanityannex

DeAtHrOw said:
No offense to you but I really do not care how many Americans did not want to play for their national team. That is your problem, Peja not playing for Serbia is our problem. You forgetting one important fact...USA can afford to have its key players not play and still be the favorite to win it all...Serbia CANNOT.

You are comparing apples and oranges. And by the way...after your showing in World Championship 2002 and the Olympics I bet you there will be a lot more pressure on the American players to play for USA.
The same argument then can be made for your Serbian team, as an American, I don't care if he plays for your Serbian team, no offense. He is PAID to play in the NBA, not the other way around. And Team USA is not the favorite without its key players there, as last Olympics showed. There may be more pressure on American players to play, but that won't change the players opinions, its all about the money sadly.

D

DeAtHrOw

AleksandarN said:
I never said I did. But I becaome a fan of the Kings since 99. It does not matter how one becomes a fan of a team whether it is because you were born in the area, or was a fan because of how great there. or because one of your favourite players play there, the only thing that matters is the love of the team. You questioning my loyality to the team is pretty funning coming from you.
Why is it funny? If you could elaborate on that last sentence I would be eternally grateful. I openly say that I started cheering because my fellow countryman Divac came to play there. Plain and simple. You probably never heard of Sacramento till Vlade signed and all of a sudden you are the Kings' biggest fan.

DeAtHrOw said:

Let me ask you are a Kings fan or Pedja fan or a fan of who ever is a glorified Serbian player?

D

DeAtHrOw

thesanityannex said:
The same argument then can be made for your Serbian team, as an American, I don't care if he plays for your Serbian team, no offense. He is PAID to play in the NBA, not the other way around. And Team USA is not the favorite without its key players there, as last Olympics showed. There may be more pressure on American players to play, but that won't change the players opinions, its all about the money sadly.
Everything was always about money and it will be...sad but true. Fortunately some players were able to rise above that...not many though.

DeAtHrOw said:
Why is it funny? If you could elaborate on that last sentence I would be eternally grateful. I openly say that I started cheering because my fellow countryman Divac came to play there. Plain and simple. You probably never heard of Sacramento till Vlade signed and all of a sudden you are the Kings' biggest fan.
Actually I did because I was a basketball fan before Vlade came to the Kings. But I will say this I only remember Spudd Webb from the team though.

D

DeAtHrOw

AleksandarN said:
Let me ask you are a Kings fan or Pedja fan or a fan of who ever is a glorified Serbian player?
First off I am a fan of every Serbian player in the NBA and I want to see them succeed. I do not see anything wrong in that nor should you.

Second I am a Kings fan.

Third Peja's fan.

I hope that is ok with you.

D

DeAtHrOw

AleksandarN said:
Actually I did because I was a basketball fan before Vlade came to the Kings. But I will say this I only remember Spudd Webb from the team though.
Not even Richmond?

DeAtHrOw said:
First off I am a fan of every Serbian player in the NBA and I want to see them succeed. I do not see anything wrong in that nor should you.

Second I am a Kings fan.

Third Peja's fan.

I hope that is ok with you.
I thought so. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.