One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sacramental

Jim Crandell just asked Karl if Cousins will be on the team in training camp and Karl said he would bet on it.

Rajon Rondo will more than likely be acquired via a one year deal and no Rudy Gay is not going anywhere

Kingster

Hall of Famer
More Napier -

The Karl and Cousins relationship has time to develop/heal

Many players just don't like playing with him. They may like him personally, but not on the floor.

"We're going to all of a sudden continue to kiss the butt of a 22yo player...?"

Believes Vlade is a magician at taking things that are fractured and putting it together.

By the way, Cousins is not going to be traded, unless the trade is sooo spectacular that nobody will care.

"Too continue to kiss this guy's butt makes me sick."

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Napier -

Cousins and Karl need to get into a room and discuss matters before season begins. After that we'll see where the ball rolls. First thing that could happen after the draft and a couple of trades and FA the Kings could be a playoff team. Second, Cousins doesn't like Karl and he gripes and moans; they trade him. Third scenario: Karl gets fed up and retires.

What Vlade and the Kings need to do is contact someone at ESPN or SI or some other national media and tell them they want this to make the press, NOW! Do an interview for them and tell them,

"THE KINGS ARE NOT TRADING DMC AND COACH KARL HAS NOT ASKED TO TRADE DMC, END OF STORY!!!

Media doesn't work like that.. They want drama, they want clicks and readers. They aren't going to get it if everything they say is shot down.

Napier -

Cousins and Karl need to get into a room and discuss matters before season begins. After that we'll see where the ball rolls. First thing that could happen after the draft and a couple of trades and FA the Kings could be a playoff team. Second, Cousins doesn't like Karl and he gripes and moans; they trade him. Third scenario: Karl gets fed up and retires.
Okay, got it. Grant Napier doesn't really have any insight into the situation but needs to fill up 4 hours of air time.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Napier -

We live in a society (social media) and one person says one thing and it becomes a house of fire. Do I know everything behind the scenes? No I don't. But Vlade is not going to trade Cousins unless there is a knock your socks off trade. In so many words - Karl and Cousins don't like each other. If Cousins really does to win like he has said so many times, he should buy into a winner in Karl. For five years we've talked about DeMarcus. And here we are with a gorgeous building being built and we're still talking about Cousins - not from Vlade, Vivek or Karl. The Sacto Kings will not trade Cousins, period. Trading camp will open and Cousins will bust his butt. Cousins loves you and he loves this city. The majority of this stuff isn't even coming from him. In the meantime there's the draft and FA and trades......................

J

jdbraver

It has been widely reported that Cousins' trade demand was made while PDA was still GM. The fact it was leaked NOW, when PDA is no longer tied to the organization, is one of the reasons it has such a stench of weasel to it.
Then what was the snake in the grass about?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well 1), entirely possible something along these lines happened a few months ago, and Cousins obviously would not have appreciated it. 2) there was always the chance that was a reference to PDA, or I suppose some other leaker; and 3) lastly, remember Cuz's eternal war with the media. "snake in the grass" could be a reference to media members, or even lakers, trying to sneak about and stir up trouble.

With Cuz's twitter crypticness you can never know for 100% sure. He never explains himself.

Its an emotional reaction from an emotional player. I wont go full Grant but he does have a point to an extent. Cousins always gets a pass from fans for everything. We need DMC to be a man, get in a room with Vlade and Karl, talk it out, buy in to winning, being a better leader. Maybe Vlade can run off on EVERYONE involved in this mess.

From all we know about Vlade, he is a great communicator.

He was able to bring together the Kings in the late 1990's/early 2000's and I have faith he will do it again.

I remember when Phil Jackson and Kobe had problems and they were able to work it out. Phil even wrote a derogatory book about Kobe and the eventually worked it out.

I think a lot of these problems stem from DMC agents not liking Karl and PDA feeding the fire once he left.

Winning cures everything and I think Vlade is the only one who can get these two on the same page.

J

jdbraver

Well 1), entirely possible something along these lines happened a few months ago, and Cousins obviously would not have appreciated it. 2) there was always the chance that was a reference to PDA, or I suppose some other leaker; and 3) lastly, remember Cuz's eternal war with the media. "snake in the grass" could be a reference to media members, or even lakers, trying to sneak about and stir up trouble.

With Cuz's twitter crypticness you can never know for 100% sure. He never explains himself.
So iggy and Carmelo's snake in the grass was both for either the media or Pete? Not likely.

Vlade Divac: "Let me do my job & we'll see u in a month or so to talk about beautiful stuff. Something that's going to be historic."

I'll say this about Divac, he sets the bar extremely high. He must have some very big stuff in the works to make a statement like that.
Or he's just alluding to the new arena.

Or if he is in Mexico, maybe he was out on a hike and really did see a snake in the grass and decided to tweet about it.:cool:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It has been widely reported that Cousins' trade demand was made while PDA was still GM. The fact it was leaked NOW, when PDA is no longer tied to the organization, is one of the reasons it has such a stench of weasel to it.
You're saying that nothing new has happened since PDA left, that the trade demand has been in a time capsule only to be released in the last couple of days? Please explain.

More Napier -

The Karl and Cousins relationship has time to develop/heal

Many players just don't like playing with him. They may like him personally, but not on the floor.

"We're going to all of a sudden continue to kiss the butt of a 22yo player...?"

Believes Vlade is a magician at taking things that are fractured and putting it together.

By the way, Cousins is not going to be traded, unless the trade is sooo spectacular that nobody will care.

"Too continue to kiss this guy's butt makes me sick."
He's totally screaming at a 13 year old today.

Status
Not open for further replies.