Niners!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigWaxer said:
The good news is the Cowboys are in first place.

However with that said the Niners played the Seahawks well. I think there is some hope as I have said since before the season Nolan is/will be a great coach. This year is a "BYE" year for you guys.
You can call it a "BYE" year. I call it the year we make it a done deal to bring Reggie Bush to the City by the Bay. Hope he likes sour dough bread and cable car rides.

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
hoopsfan said:
Ugh...I wouldn't like a man from troy to play for the Niners!! Besides..we need him in Minnesota. (I'll take Leinart too!) ;)
Nope. Sorry. If you watch the games, it's pretty clear who needs him the most... and besides, we won't make him go to parties on boats.

;)

F

Fillmoe

VF21 said:
Nope. Sorry. If you watch the games, it's pretty clear who needs him the most... and besides, we won't make him go to parties on boats.

;)
actually the niners have 3 good running backs.... right now i think gore has the most potential..... hicks would make a great 3rd down back and well barlow is just barlow....... the vikings and packers need bush more than we do........ with that said i hope we get bush! dude is gonna be a monster in the nfl!

VF21 said:

;)
Touche!! ;)

Bush would be a great addition to the Vikes...I still miss Robert Smith.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fillmoe said:
actually the niners have 3 good running backs.... right now i think gore has the most potential..... hicks would make a great 3rd down back and well barlow is just barlow....... the vikings and packers need bush more than we do........ with that said i hope we get bush! dude is gonna be a monster in the nfl!
The one thing the Niners definitely need right now is a strong running back that can consistently crank out the yards. Gore has potential, but he's far from there. Barlow has spurts of greatness and then he disappears and I don't share your enthusiasm for Hicks.

You can build an offense around a player like Bush, and with our current QB dilemma, that might not be a bad thing to do.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:

;)
what you need is a quarterback!!! i don't think collins has a brees-like coming out too soon. take v.young, he will be a hall of famer.

T

thesanityannex

i can understand the bush love though. i've been watching him since highschool. my little brother used to play helix regularly and got to quarterback for him in their all star game. amazing guy, absolutely amazing. where ever he goes in the pros, i will be excited.

(crosses fingers and somehow hopes chargers can work a deal for him and have a brees, tomlinson, gates, bush quadruple threat)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
what you need is a quarterback!!!
...sigh...

We have a QB. A very EXPENSIVE quarterback. And we're going to have him for a very long time... He's going to be our Ryan Leaf.

:(

THAT'S why we need to find a way to develop a VERY strong running game.

;)

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
...sigh...

We have a QB. A very EXPENSIVE quarterback. And we're going to have him for a very long time... He's going to be our Ryan Leaf.
oh dear god. those two words. i had to witness that as a fan. ryan leaf. the name raises the hair on my arms.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Alex will be fine in due time, I believe...He's not gonna go crazy ala Ryan Leaf, though...I can almost guarentee that...The kid has to much headsmarts for that.

I still don't think Alex Smith is going to be a great pro. He might be a good pro, but I doubt he will ever be great.

Either way I didn't expect much from him this year. Playing behind the Niner's O-line is like playing behind a wall of tissue paper.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, until our offensive line decided to do it's best immetation of a napkin, Smith was dong pretty decent.

I'll view it as positive steps, despite the three picks.

I was at the game (Because I enjoy pain and survived the 60's and 70's as a fan too). The center repeatedly failed to check blitz before helping the guard. The 1 second delayed blitz right up the middle works amazingly well when that happens and it cost us repeatedly in the 2nd half.

Smith obviously throws well in a rollout offense and I fail to understand why they haven't built that into the offense, especially for 3rd down and red zone plays.

The defense, while not great, and allowing way to much time for the mediocre Warner to pass, did keep us in the game. Considering all the injured starters who are out I had to appreciate their effort.

Question.....Did the TV announcers comment on the idiot with the 4th down INT? He gave us the ball on the 15 instead of the 42!!! I sure hope he isn't stupid enough to bring up his INT in contract negotiations. They gave him the "Oscar Meyer Hot Dog Play of the Day" award on the Jumbotron. I'm betting he thought it was a good thing!

We'll end up with a very high pick in the 06 draft, hopefully we can trade it down and acquire some talent!

GO NINERS!!!

tubiscus said:
I was at the game (Because I enjoy pain and survived the 60's and 70's as a fan too). The center repeatedly failed to check blitz before helping the guard. The 1 second delayed blitz right up the middle works amazingly well when that happens and it cost us repeatedly in the 2nd half.

Smith obviously throws well in a rollout offense and I fail to understand why they haven't built that into the offense, especially for 3rd down and red zone plays.

The defense, while not great, and allowing way to much time for the mediocre Warner to pass, did keep us in the game. Considering all the injured starters who are out I had to appreciate their effort.

Question.....Did the TV announcers comment on the idiot with the 4th down INT? He gave us the ball on the 15 instead of the 42!!! I sure hope he isn't stupid enough to bring up his INT in contract negotiations. They gave him the "Oscar Meyer Hot Dog Play of the Day" award on the Jumbotron. I'm betting he thought it was a good thing!

We'll end up with a very high pick in the 06 draft, hopefully we can trade it down and acquire some talent!

GO NINERS!!!

If we end up with the #1 pick, I wouldn't want to trade down. I am tired of watching Barlow and think that Reggie Bush could be the next great NFL running back. That last game of the season agains Houston could be a big one in the battle for the #1 pick. So there is a quandry, you are a professional team but know that you need to LOSE a geam to get the #1 pick in the Draft. I know as a fan of the 49ers, if it does come down to that final game, I may need to route against my team. Bizzarre isn't it.

crypticone said:
If we end up with the #1 pick, I wouldn't want to trade down. I am tired of watching Barlow and think that Reggie Bush could be the next great NFL running back. That last game of the season agains Houston could be a big one in the battle for the #1 pick. So there is a quandry, you are a professional team but know that you need to LOSE a geam to get the #1 pick in the Draft. I know as a fan of the 49ers, if it does come down to that final game, I may need to route against my team. Bizzarre isn't it.
Arizona is safely ahead of us, but we gotta root for the Texans to get it together. They've come from ahead to lose the game a couple of times this year. The Jets don't exactly look like they're ready to start winning what's left of their season either. :(

I did not know that Bush and Smith played together in Hschool. I think that would be a little advantage and help even more.

Do you play him at RB or WR ?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seahawk time!

...Although I really don't know if that's a good thing.

I predict another close game...Last time wasn't a fluke, damn it!!!

I wasn't aware until today when it was mentioned on PTI ... Alex Smith has 0 TD passes so far? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

50 mil contract, the Niners can bail on him right? NFL not guarenteed probably only be out bonus money for this year.

MEMO to Niners time to bail and get Leinhart.

BigWaxer said:
I wasn't aware until today when it was mentioned on PTI ... Alex Smith has 0 TD passes so far? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

50 mil contract, the Niners can bail on him right? NFL not guarenteed probably only be out bonus money for this year.

MEMO to Niners time to bail and get Leinhart.
I believe half of that money is guaranteed bonus...and is Leinhart really that much of a "slam dunk" at QB? Get Reggie Bush or trade down.

Well I think he is better then Smith. Smith is horrible. Well I am sure Nolans moves this year did nothing to help his confidence.

"WE are going with the best QB to get us a win" Next week Smith starts "... same" then rattay... Coach messed this one up IMO.