New Plan Could be Gamechanger for Sacramento Kings

S

sactownfan

Phil Jackson is a douche bag.... I could care less of what this clown has to say... he talked trash on Sacramento and now hes hating again...

i've tried to be somewhat quite about this move thing seeing how a year ago i moved from Long Beach to Anaheim but really whos business is it to tell the owners of a business they can move???

ultimately David Stern sounded completely over Sacramento and trying to do business with the city.... The Maloofs really did try to work it out here.... but as some of the older members have pointed out Arco has been outdated and a new arena has been needed for a really really long time.... nothing happened....

the maloofs dont have that kind of money and their not going to sell the team... Keep in mind everyone even if they did most likely whoever bought the Kings would move them also.... just like Seattle... so the what are the Maloofs to do? they need a new arena and need to turn a larger profit.... hmm ...

people need to stop pretending the Maloofs owe them something or that fans somehow own the team.... just like when players play years with one team then get traded... its a business and its all about the money at the end of the day...

Sacramento as a market has failed.... plan and simple...

this years team was watchable and still no one goes to games...

maybe down the line the city of Sacramento will learn from this and how important the Kings were not just for the fans but for a city that wants to be recognized as being livable and successful...

plane and simple ... if you .... or i .... owned our own business... and we had been really really been struggling to get the bare essentials to be credible, and at times been losing money.... plus right now we have no customers coming(no fans buying tickets)... we would do whats best for US not the few always loyal and loving CUSTOMERS at the end of the day... $75 million and a better market, and a better arena.... hmm

we would take a loan like this if it were offered

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Jackson is a douche bag.... I could care less of what this clown has to say... he talked trash on Sacramento and now hes hating again...

i've tried to be somewhat quite about this move thing seeing how a year ago i moved from Long Beach to Anaheim but really whos business is it to tell the owners of a business they can move???

ultimately David Stern sounded completely over Sacramento and trying to do business with the city.... The Maloofs really did try to work it out here.... but as some of the older members have pointed out Arco has been outdated and a new arena has been needed for a really really long time.... nothing happened....

the maloofs dont have that kind of money and their not going to sell the team... Keep in mind everyone even if they did most likely whoever bought the Kings would move them also.... just like Seattle... so the what are the Maloofs to do? they need a new arena and need to turn a larger profit.... hmm ...

people need to stop pretending the Maloofs owe them something or that fans somehow own the team.... just like when players play their years with one team then get traded... its a business and its all about the money at the end of the day...

maybe down the line the city of Sacramento will learn from this and how important the Kings were not just for the fans but for a city that wants to be recognized as being livable and successful...

plane and simple ... if you .... or i .... owned our own business... and we had been really really been struggling to get the bare essentials to be credible, and at times been losing money.... plus right now we have no customers coming(no fans buying tickets)... we would do whats best for US not the CUSTOMERS at the end of the day... $75 million and a better market, and a better arena.... hmm

I certainly wouldn't take it, not with the way things stand right now. I'd realize that I'm better off in Sacramento with a new building and would at least stick it out one more year to see what these current arena efforts produce.

What world do you live in? This is a basic part of any franchising agreement. You know like fast food chains, pizza, deli's etc. They all have requirements where they can and can't move.

yea that post by sactown fan makes him seem like he WANTS the team to move down there....i mean...i dont care how much of a douchebag Jackson is as long as hes against the move too....common enemy makes him a friend for now at least

S

sactownfan

What world do you live in? This is a basic part of any franchising agreement. You know like fast food chains, pizza, deli's etc. They all have requirements where they can and can't move.
right....

which is why David Stern CEO of this franchise was so smitten about broadcasting Anaheim (himself) in the same breath he used to say talks with Sacramento were done and done....

your city is done... your team is done and the fans have been done for years now....

your logic ...?... well there is non

things are so long ahead now its out of my hands... and most likely urs too... keep fighting... but just dont talk crazy like the maloofs owe u anything... or like your a part owner... its all about the $$$

Last edited by a moderator:
right....

which is why David Stern CEO of this franchise was so smitten about broadcasting Anaheim (himself) in the same breath he used to say talks with Sacramento were done and done....

your city is done... your team is done and the fans have been done for years now....

your logic ...?... well there is non

things are so long ahead now its out of my hands... and most likely urs too... keep fighting... but just dont talk crazy like the maloofs owe u anything... or like your a part owner... its all about the $$$
Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes

S

sactownfan

Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes Spencer Hawes
CEO David Stern

Obviously no one here is a big fan of Phil, or the Lakers. But I posted the article because both the Lakers and Clips could be doing us a huge favor. It's one thing if us as fans email the owners and beg them to block the move. It's another when it's coming directly from Buss and Sterling, who will actively try to block the move. We're at the point where we're just looking for hope.

Obviously no one here is a big fan of Phil, or the Lakers. But I posted the article because both the Lakers and Clips could be doing us a huge favor. It's one thing if us as fans email the owners and beg them to block the move. It's another when it's coming directly from Buss and Sterling, who will actively try to block the move. We're at the point where we're just looking for hope.
As long as Phil oppose this move, i'm a big fan. As soon as we know The Kings are staying, I'll go back to hating him again.

Phil is many things, but on this one he has a legit point. If he's speaking out on this, you can bet it's because Jerry and Jeanie Buss want him to. The Lakers are arrogant, but not stupid or run by bad businessmen. They are exploring every avenue they can to stop this.

See this is why I've been harping on the point of having a plan to build a new arena in place by April. It takes the freaking wind out the Maloofs sails right before the vote. They would be presured into staying by their own BOG. This is why I want local guys to stand up and find ways to show that a new building can be funded. I want Mayor KJ to quit acting butt-hurt and defeated and instead show that this city can produce a new facility. They have to make this about big market versus small market and not look like the team has no choice.

people need to stop pretending the Maloofs owe them something or that fans somehow own the team.... just like when players play years with one team then get traded... its a business and its all about the money at the end of the day...

plane and simple ... if you .... or i .... owned our own business... and we had been really really been struggling to get the bare essentials to be credible, and at times been losing money.... plus right now we have no customers coming(no fans buying tickets)... we would do whats best for US not the few always loyal and loving CUSTOMERS at the end of the day... $75 million and a better market, and a better arena.... hmm

Oh shut up. We didn't fail anything, or anyone... And yes this is Sacramento's team.. Notice when they introduce the team they don't say "Welcome the Maloofs Sacramento Kings!" They say "And welcome YOUR Sacramento Kings!".

The Maloofs have the best chance to make it here. Not as a 5th fiddle in the LA market. Plys the fans here are about 10x better than what they could muster down there to try to fill that arena.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
yea that post by sactown fan makes him seem like he WANTS the team to move down there....i mean...i dont care how much of a douchebag Jackson is as long as hes against the move too....common enemy makes him a friend for now at least
Apparently not too much of a fan of sactown.

Oh shut up. We didn't fail anything, or anyone... And yes this is Sacramento's team.. Notice when they introduce the team they don't say "Welcome the Maloofs Sacramento Kings!" They say "And welcome YOUR Sacramento Kings!".

The Maloofs have the best chance to make it here. Not as a 5th fiddle in the LA market. Plys the fans here are about 10x better than what they could muster down there to try to fill that arena.
Exactly. If they think it was bad here over the last three years wait until they see how bad a three year stretch of winning less than 25 games in Anaheim is. They'd probably set new all time low attendance records.

Last edited:
Apparently not too much of a fan of sactown.

I don't care.. If he can help block the move then I am all for it. The LA market does not need a 3rd team. Especially when the Maloofs have failed us up here in Sac by not putting a halfway decent team on the floor for years. You really think in a bigger market they will be able to get away with that? The LA fans are already Laker fans pretty much. they wont succeed as a losing team in SoCal. The clippers have that 10% of the market and they aren't going to share the 10% of theif LA area fans with the Kings, and I am 100% sure the other 90% that are Laker fans wont be switching over to the "Queens".

Exactly. If they think it was bad here over the last three years wait until they see how bad a three year stretch of winning less than 25 games in Anaheim is. They'd probably set new all time low attendance records.
They are also rated the "worst fans" as well down there.. It would be one huge mess if the Kings moved down there. If the Madicks are really set on doing it though then I guess we can sit back and watch it fail, and watch them sell the team in a couple years when they are flat broke..

If the Maloofs failed us by not putting a good team on the floor and we are considered the best fans in the NBA, then how would it work out when you tank the "worst fans" and give them a **** team like the Kings? lol... failure on so many levels. The Maloofs aren't going to all of a sudden start spending money they don't have on good free agents.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't know, it would be tough to get less people to come to a game than that Nets game last season with about 100 people in the stands.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't care.. If he can help block the move then I am all for it. The LA market does not need a 3rd team. Especially when the Maloofs have failed us up here in Sac by not putting a halfway decent team on the floor for years. You really think in a bigger market they will be able to get away with that? The LA fans are already Laker fans pretty much. they wont succeed as a losing team in SoCal. The clippers have that 10% of the market and they aren't going to share the 10% of theif LA area fans with the Kings, and I am 100% sure the other 90% that are Laker fans wont be switching over to the "Queens".
Talking about the poster "sactownfan". I am actually in agreement with Phil on a surprising number of contemporary issues.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They are also rated the "worst fans" as well down there.. It would be one huge mess if the Kings moved down there. If the Madicks are really set on doing it though then I guess we can sit back and watch it fail, and watch them sell the team in a couple years when they are flat broke..

If the Maloofs failed us by not putting a good team on the floor and we are considered the best fans in the NBA, then how would it work out when you tank the "worst fans" and give them a **** team like the Kings? lol... failure on so many levels. The Maloofs aren't going to all of a sudden start spending money they don't have on good free agents.
In that case, it could be important to note that if the Maloofs cannot repay their loan to Sacramento, the city gets a stake in the ownership of the team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They had the Ducks winning a Stanley Cup and they couldn't even sell that out lol..
Many of the games at Staples Center are "sold-out", even in the playoffs. Not to mention the fact that the loudest cheers of the night often are attributed to free tacos.

In that case, it could be important to note that if the Maloofs cannot repay their loan to Sacramento, the city gets a stake in the ownership of the team.
That would be nice..

It just "grinds my gears" when someone from Anaheim comes in and says we failed as a market.. We didn't fail anyone.. The Maloofs failed us by keeping a crappy team out there for years. The Kings haven't been that great since coming to Sacramento and we have remained the most loyal fans.. I think that's worth something.

You mean the actual finals game wasn't sold out?
Talking mostly the year of the Championship, and the year following the championship.. If the Kings were even contending they would sure as hell sell out every game. And we have the attendance records to prove it. Anaheim does not.

Talking mostly the year of the Championship, and the year following the championship.. If the Kings were even contending they would sure as hell sell out every game. And we have the attendance records to prove it. Anaheim does not.
Kings wouldn't even need to contend. Just play entertaining 500. basketball and they'd probably sell out again.

That would be nice..

It just "grinds my gears" when someone from Anaheim comes in and says we failed as a market.. We didn't fail anyone.. The Maloofs failed us by keeping a crappy team out there for years. The Kings haven't been that great since coming to Sacramento and we have remained the most loyal fans.. I think that's worth something.
I wonder if the people that say that ever stop and think about what they're saying. There isn't a market in the league that could win less than 75 games over a 3 year period and not have serious attendance issues. The Lakers couldn't even get away with that. But somehow, Kings fans are supposed to have failed The Kings for not indefinitely selling out games regardless of how terrible the team was. It's just preposterous.

I actually have to correct myself.. they DID sell out a lot the year following them winning, but it took only a couple years for them to go from middle back to near bottom in attendance.

The actual year the won the cup they had one of the leagues worst attendance.

Kings wouldn't even need to contend. Just play entertaining 500. basketball and they'd probably sell out again.
And if there was a new arena it would sell out regardless. Sacramento is a GREAT market. It's just the politicians and red tape that has screwed us over. Plus the Madicks not putting an entertaining team on the floor.