[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I haven't kept tract. But it is odd that he only managed to play against 3 teams over .500 on the road. However, I was referring to not playing in Denver. I would guess that he doesn't like the altitude.
Interesting enough, Philly fans on Twitter are quick to point out that he is 6-2 against Jokic in recent years, but downplay the significance of him only playing against Jokic at home.
if he truly is avoiding the altitude, does he have any asthma issues?

Dray clobers Davis in the face and no flagrant
Honestly, in real-time, it looked like he didn't clobber him in the face, and was legit going after the ball. But the replays did show otherwise, and I, too am surprised that it wasn't called a flagrant.

With that being said, also keep in mind that, for the most part, NBA referees have to make a judgmental call after seeing stuff like this in real-time and, in many cases (I would even argue in most cases), stuff like that is not as obvious to the naked eye as the replays show.

Something I've been noticing is that Huerter has that "hitch" even when he's shooting really well. Many were asking about it when he was cold,...but it's always there. Just the way he shoots

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Honestly, in real-time, it looked like he didn't clobber him in the face, and was legit going after the ball. But the replays did show otherwise, and I, too am surprised that it wasn't called a flagrant.

With that being said, also keep in mind that, for the most part, NBA referees have to make a judgmental call after seeing stuff like this in real-time and, in many cases (I would even argue in most cases), stuff like that is not as obvious to the naked eye as the replays show.
take a look at Bron and Vanderbilt's reaction as it happens and they knew immediately that it was a good shot in the face but doesn't matter anyhow because LA won the game. We all want consistency and hopefully come Playoff time, they let things go a bit more

There was a lot of handwringing last week that the Kings had fallen to 8th in the West. As part of this 3 game win streak we have taken back over sole possession of 5th. During our mini-win streak, the Suns have lost back to back roadies to the Magic and Pacers, the Pellies have lost 3 of 4, and Dallas has lost 4 of 5 (including to us).

The West has settled into four tiers at this point. There is still plenty of time to move between tiers, but we are currently in the second tier with the Pellies, Suns, and Mavs, occupying spots 5-8 (with 5 and 6 in the playoffs and 7 and 8 in the playin). That makes the win over Dallas huge, and the loss to Phoenix so frustrating.

Tier 1 (spots 1-4)
Thunder, Wolves, Clippers - 14 losses
Nuggets- 15 losses

Tier 2 (spots 5-8)
Kings- 18 losses
Suns, Pellies- 20 losses
Mavs- 21 losses

Tier 3 (spots 9-12)
Lakers, Jazz- 23 losses
Rockets, Warriors- 24 losses

Tier 4 (spots 13-15)
Griz- 28 losses
Blazers- 32 losses
Spurs- 36 losses

I will be more optimistic and put us and Suns in Tier 1 and drop OKC and Wolves in Tier 2 , cause i am sure they will drop soon ...
OKC starting in my opinion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.