[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doncic just set the Mavericks franchise record for points in a game. 65 and counting.
Doncic ultimately finished with 73, and just a few days after Joel Embiid scored 70 in a game. It really bums me out that the Kings are a good team again during what I find to be the most execrable era of NBA basketball that I've yet laid eyes on. That these kinds of feats are now weekly occurrences has really trivialized NBA offense and made a mockery of the notion that defense is an important component of NBA success.

Doncic ultimately finished with 73, and just a few days after Joel Embiid scored 70 in a game. It really bums me out that the Kings are a good team again during what I find to be the most execrable era of NBA basketball that I've yet laid eyes on. That these kinds of feats are now weekly occurrences has really trivialized NBA offense and made a mockery of the notion that defense is an important component of NBA success.
Must be all star season, lol. Business, not a sport, lets all breathe haha.

Don’t forget KAT scoring 62.

That’s 4 games over 60 and 2 over 70 in a weeks time.

Most knowledge fans understand why these things are happening. And it ain’t because these current players are the greatest the game has ever seen. #77 scoring 73 and averaging 33 every season is probably one of the best examples how ridiculous the NBA game has become. He wasn’t doing that, nor coming close to it in the Euro League. And still wouldn’t be if he went back.

Don’t forget KAT scoring 62.

That’s 4 games over 60 and 2 over 70 in a weeks time.

Most knowledge fans understand why these things are happening. And it ain’t because these current players are the greatest the game has ever seen. #77 scoring 73 and averaging 33 every season is probably one of the best examples how ridiculous the NBA game has become. He wasn’t doing that, nor coming close to it in the Euro League. And still wouldn’t be if he went back.
he was 18…so?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, the Hawks were sorta just laying down and letting him score as many points as he possibly could after he broke 50.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What does he mean? Yesterday, booker only shot 13 FTs and Doncic only shot 16.
What do you mean, what does he mean? How many free throws would you have needed for them to have shot? Forty? Sixteen free throw attempts is slightly less than double Doncic's season average, so I don't know how you're drawing the conclusion that they didn't think to try to foul him?

What he means is, they tried fouling him, that didn't work, so they tried something else, that didn't work, either. So they tried something else, that didn't work, either. So they tried...

What do you mean, what does he mean? How many free throws would you have needed for them to have shot? Forty? Sixteen free throw attempts is slightly less than double Doncic's season average, so I don't know how you're drawing the conclusion that they didn't think to try to foul him?

What he means is, they tried fouling him, that didn't work, so they tried something else, that didn't work, either. So they tried something else, that didn't work, either. So they tried...
Apparently, my sarcasm didn't leak through enough to be detected.

what other big road matchups has he not played in?
I haven't kept tract. But it is odd that he only managed to play against 3 teams over .500 on the road. However, I was referring to not playing in Denver. I would guess that he doesn't like the altitude.
Interesting enough, Philly fans on Twitter are quick to point out that he is 6-2 against Jokic in recent years, but downplay the significance of him only playing against Jokic at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.