Lakers discussion

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Rockets fans are torching Adelman and Artest for the loss vs LA tonite. Ron got duped into a scoring contest w/ Kobe at the end, it was ugly. They also lost 3 straight to MFLA after holding 18, 16, 11 pt leads. They are not in a good headspace rite now, as you could probably understand.

someone should tell artest that you shouldnt talk **** when youre about to lose and you shouldnt talk **** to the guy that torched your team when you played like ****
I feel sorry for Adelman and the Rockets fans. They're finding out the hard way you cannot depend on Artest to do what's best for the team. As far as anyone telling Artest anything, it isn't about telling him. It's about finding a way to get him to actually listen.

But wait...what am I saying? According to a couple of other threads around here, all is well in Rocketland and the fans aren't frustrated at all with dear ol' William RonRon TruWarier Whackjob Artest.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The Rockets fans are torching Adelman and Artest for the loss vs LA tonite. Ron got duped into a scoring contest w/ Kobe at the end, it was ugly. They also lost 3 straight to MFLA after holding 18, 16, 11 pt leads. They are not in a good headspace rite now, as you could probably understand.

someone should tell artest that you shouldnt talk **** when youre about to lose and you shouldnt talk **** to the guy that torched your team when you played like ****

Duped? Duped? The idiot thinks he is as good as Kobe and LeBron. Just ask him. Poor Rockets fans. What's good for Sacramento fans is very very bad for Houston's fans.

Duped? Duped? The idiot thinks he is as good as Kobe and LeBron. Just ask him. Poor Rockets fans. What's good for Sacramento fans is very very bad for Houston's fans.
What did it was a little tiff they had where they started slapping at each other's forearm checks and jawing. Before that point, he had forgotten to act on his schizy instincts. His ability to take an even worse shot than the previous one is awe-inspiring, I must admit. Even MJ himself was conscious about shooting some of what he attempted.

Yeah I just saw the highlights or maybe better yet lowlights ;) for RonRon and the Rockets tonight. Kobe just flat out schooled ( and this merits a :mad:) Ronny boy at the end... and then RonRon decided to talk trash!! :)rolleyes::eek:) You have got to be kidding me RonRon. You can do better than that. Kobe was right for laughing! (And you have no idea how much it pains me to say that!)

I feel sorry for Adelman and the Rockets fans. They're finding out the hard way you cannot depend on Artest to do what's best for the team.
Nor Tmac. I'm starting to feel the same sympathy for Yao on that team that I felt for Sabonis on the Jail Blazers. A ton of their fans have the nerve to expect him not to be slow and earth bound.

Yeah I just saw the highlights or maybe better yet lowlights ;) for RonRon and the Rockets tonight. Kobe just flat out schooled ( and this merits a :mad:) Ronny boy at the end... and then RonRon decided to talk trash!! :)rolleyes::eek:) You have got to be kidding me RonRon. You can do better than that. Kobe was right for laughing! (And you have no idea how much it pains me to say that!)
I finally believe that they are truly friends, because the jawing went on long enough that the camera switched back and forth between them 11 times. If I didn't know him, Artest would be the last guy besides Oakley that I'd talk mess to while he's just been shown up. Kobe really is reckless.

In Ron's defense, he has helped out the Rocks more than he has hurt. Just look at their record once TMac called it a season. Ron brings the D and the intensity, the problem like you all know is when he looses his head, like last night.

Doug Collins reminds us they didn't have Manu, as if that's gonna mean all that much in May, especially if Bynum's in there. Their goose is cooked if so due to the height mismatches across the line.

TNT is nervy about the following:

a) a 5 gm WCF
b) Utah can't win at SA or LA
c) they've had a harder time hyping NO this year
d) no Shaq/Kobe storyline to bleed anymore

Last years playoffs were actually pretty dissapointing. I expected every series out west to be battle royals and they were anything but. This year I think will be better. Whoever the Lakers play in the first round will be nothing more than a sacrificial lamb but the other series should be good.

In other news doesnt it feel good to see the Suns implode Gargamel? I love it. I always hated how everyone was on them for revolutionizing basketball and how it was a new era and all that.

If the Lakers had not collapsed in 2004, Nash and the Suns never happen. Never. Now they are gone after four years of 60 plus wins and they never sniffed the finals. Oh happy days.

Rant over.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know, I was going to make an almost positive comment about the Lakers-Spurs game tonight, but seeing the Laker gloating I decided against it...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In Ron's defense, he has helped out the Rocks more than he has hurt. Just look at their record once TMac called it a season. Ron brings the D and the intensity, the problem like you all know is when he looses his head, like last night.
Nope. The problem is that RonRon has enough talent to where you forget (or at least try to forget) that he's batpoop nuts. The ticking continues to get louder and louder but you just put your fingers in your ears and try and "la la" it away...until you can't "la la" any longer.

I still think that Ron needs someone with the stature to reing him in. I dont think he would pull those shananigans with someone like Kobe or Shaq as a teammate or Phil or Pop as a coach. But I still maintain that in situations like Houston and Sac he helps more than he hurts, but he does hurt there is no denying that. Sac does not make the playoffs in 2006 without Ron and things were looking good until some front office blunders.

In other news doesnt it feel good to see the Suns implode Gargamel? I love it. I always hated how everyone was on them for revolutionizing basketball and how it was a new era and all that.

If the Lakers had not collapsed in 2004, Nash and the Suns never happen. Never. Now they are gone after four years of 60 plus wins and they never sniffed the finals. Oh happy days.

Rant over.
I think it would feel better if Shaq wasn't the only guy in the league who can continually threaten to land himself in better situations than the previous. He's like a rat off a sinking ship.

But mismanagement is what did it, and it's kind of worrisome in terms of how fast an owner strapped for cash can destroy a contender. Shows the weakness of the league in this economy, especially w/ the Sonic move, the hint of a Pacer move, and the overt threat last year by NO's owner about having to move.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I still think that Ron needs someone with the stature to reing him in. I dont think he would pull those shananigans with someone like Kobe or Shaq as a teammate or Phil or Pop as a coach. But I still maintain that in situations like Houston and Sac he helps more than he hurts, but he does hurt there is no denying that. Sac does not make the playoffs in 2006 without Ron and things were looking good until some front office blunders.
Sorry, but until you've actually survived having good ol' RonRon on your team, you simply cannot even begin to imagine the roller coaster ride the team and the fans are stuck on. You can think he helps more than he hurts, but you've never been the ones nursing the wounds. And making the playoffs in 2006 didn't help us AT ALL. In fact, one might argue very convincingly that all it did was extend the pain by keeping the owners from realizing just how badly the team talent had dropped off, thus postponing the inevitable and vital need to rebuild.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, whatever...

Sharing articles about the Lakers? Why would you even bother? I mean no offense whatsoever, but have you looked around recently? Recognize where you are?

It's okay to talk about the team but when it gets to posting links to Laker propaganda articles, I just think that's crossing the line.

Even though I will grdugingly admit that your team seems to be playing incredible ball right now. And I hope for your sake that Bynum doesn't come back. He is not going to make you better and could quite easily make you significantly worse.

I am noticing today that Kobe seems to have retained the love of the game he had during the Olympics. He's not out there for personal glory; he's out there for the love of the sport and I think it makes him a much better player. (And yes, that's possible even for the brave little soldier.) That's good for you and for basketball - and bad for anyone rooting for any team not wearing purple and gold as they head into the playoffs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, right now the Mavs are pushing the Lakers to the limit.
To give the devil his due, it was the Mavericks starters pushing the Lakers bench to the limit. Any time you see Luke Walton on the court you immediately have to make it 6-4 instead of 5-5. Why he's even still around is a testament to just how many pictures of Kupchak in compromising positions Bill Walton must have.

The Lakers put their starters back out on the court and it's an entirely different ball game. I honestly think Phil Jackson does that on purpose because his team actually plays better when they're forced to take a deficit off the scoreboard.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I want to see Mark Cuban's pouty mad face. I've watched this whole game - I think I've earned it.

:p

Props to Gasol, BTW. He does a lot out there that doesn't seem to get mentioned.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I find it hard to hold anything against Pau Gasol; it's not his fault that Chris Wallace and Mitch Kupchack defrauded the league.

Of course, if he had any principle, he'd sit out in protest, but I don't expect professional athletes to have any principle.

Yeah, whatever...

Sharing articles about the Lakers? Why would you even bother? I mean no offense whatsoever, but have you looked around recently? Recognize where you are?

It's okay to talk about the team but when it gets to posting links to Laker propaganda articles, I just think that's crossing the line.

Even though I will grdugingly admit that your team seems to be playing incredible ball right now. And I hope for your sake that Bynum doesn't come back. He is not going to make you better and could quite easily make you significantly worse.

I am noticing today that Kobe seems to have retained the love of the game he had during the Olympics. He's not out there for personal glory; he's out there for the love of the sport and I think it makes him a much better player. (And yes, that's possible even for the brave little soldier.) That's good for you and for basketball - and bad for anyone rooting for any team not wearing purple and gold as they head into the playoffs.
The article was mostly meant for Gargamel's eyes since in a previous thread we discussed a Lakers Blazers first round matchup. But I dont force anyone in this forum to read anything Lakers related nor do I attempt to shove the Lakers down anyones throat. You read the article under your own free will.

I try to keep anything Lakers on this thread in the Basketball forum of Kingsfans. I know you guys are Kings fans but there are a few here who are basketball fans as well. Looking at the number of views and replies to this thread I would say that most here dont mind having a thread about another team.

I disagree with you about Bynum. We need him to beat the Celtics. We are good without him but I think we are better and deeper with him.

I find it hard to hold anything against Pau Gasol; it's not his fault that Chris Wallace and Mitch Kupchack defrauded the league.

Of course, if he had any principle, he'd sit out in protest, but I don't expect professional athletes to have any principle.
Well they got an expiring contract, draft picks, got rid of an albatross of a contarct, and they got young players in return. They got what they wanted, the Lakers got what they wanted. Good deal for everyone involved.

But yeah it sucked for everyone else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I disagree with you about Bynum. We need him to beat the Celtics. We are good without him but I think we are better and deeper with him.
And I'll disagree most emphatically with the bolded part. What you need to beat the Celtics is team chemistry, trust AND an ability to focus for 48 minutes a night every single night. But if you want to return to a lineup with Bynum at the 5 and Gasol at the 4, be my guest. I'd pretty much guarantee that won't get you the jewelry.

As far as the rest of your rebuttal goes, pffffft. I wasn't talking about the thread. I was talking specifically about a link to an article about the Lakers in the LA Times. You act as though having a Laker thread on a King board is some kind of right. I ask you this...how many Laker boards even tolerate an occasional positive comment about the Kings, let alone an entire thread? Hrm?

Don't be so full of yourself. I was the one who actively campaigned to allow this thread in the first place.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well they got an expiring contract, draft picks, got rid of an albatross of a contarct, and they got young players in return. They got what they wanted, the Lakers got what they wanted. Good deal for everyone involved.
Oh good grief, laker fan. I hope you at least had enough integrity to giggle while you were writing that.

Memphis got crap for Gasol. And no matter how much perfume you squirt on it, it's still crap...

The only team that got what it wanted out of that deal was the Lakers. At least be honest about it. It's not like we can change the outcome of the deal.

Well all I have to say is the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Lakers will not win another championship if Lebron has anything to say about it. Since the Celtics are basically falling apart without Garnett I think that Lebron will take over nd get himself a NBA championship. The Lakers will fail nd i will be there to laugh when they do.