Kings want George Karl to resign!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
When asked about Willie's great game he shrugged it off saying it was more about the plays he drew up that got him the buckets. Then like I said, told a reporter that he thinks Seth will be in the league for a "couple of years".

Here's the thing. Whatever amount they are trying to save on Karl's contract by not firing him (let's be real he's not going to quit) is MINISCULE to the amount we'll lose by never being able to draw another free agent here again.

We already conned Koufos and Marco here by selling them on "new management" but it's the same old bs if not worse. They're letting Karl destroy the locker room.

And let's be honest, players talk. You don't think Seth is telling Steph what's going on? You don't think Steph has told all his teammates, who are telling their NBA friends? You don't think Boogie is telling Isiah what's going on? You think that POS Fegan isn't letting all his players know what's up? This will have bigger consequences on our future than most people think.
Your spot on. News travels fast in the NBA. It's a small club, and regardless of the competition, most players are friends off the court. All the PR in the world can't counter what is perceived to be inside info about an organization. Vlade is going to have a tough sell. Having Cousins on your side helps balance it, but you lose him, no one is going to buy in.

Karl is doing so much damage to this organization right now. I wonder if the FO sees or cares what he is doing to our young players.

I wouldn't put it past this FO if they don't fire Karl and continue to wait him out this offseason, trying to get him to quit. Scorched earth policy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I cannot believe what Karl said about WCS after that great game. But I absolutely CAN NOT believe what Karl said about Seth Curry only being in the league "a couple of years."

Then Seth posted a smiley face with the same snake emoticon Cousins used. If this organization wants to have ANY clout with not only their players, but other players in the league, they need to fire Karl NOW. Not at the end of the season. NOW.
Its only a few more weeks.

And there really should be a cachet with other coaches, who are the single most important piece we need to add this summer, in doing things in regular order. Given what looks like outright hostility in the lockerroom at this point, firing Karl at the break would have likely been the move. But now? Not much to be gained. We'll fire him soon enough, players or whoever watching will know why. Coaches might be a little easier with a sign that we don't fire every coach we get midseason. The national media will still trot out the same old storylines, but the more stable and less kneejerk the moves the better for us going forward.

I hope we don't wait on the coach search though. Especially with Thibs out there. If we could get a name or personality in here of significance, and quickly, then the Karl era is rapidly washed away and the conversation becomes about the new coach, including with free agents.

If we lose the pick because of Karl trying to pad his win record on his way out by ridng veterans while other teams shut stars down would be another notch on the growing list of giant failures by this new regime.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its only a few more weeks.

And there really should be a cachet with other coaches, who are the single most important piece we need to add this summer, in doing things in regular order. Given what looks like outright hostility in the lockerroom at this point, firing Karl at the break would have likely been the move. But now? Not much to be gained. We'll fire him soon enough, players or whoever watching will know why. Coaches might be a little easier with a sign that we don't fire every coach we get midseason. The national media will still trot out the same old storylines, but the more stable and less kneejerk the moves the better for us going forward.

I hope we don't wait on the coach search though. Especially with Thibs out there. If we could get a name or personality in here of significance, and quickly, then the Karl era is rapidly washed away and the conversation becomes about the new coach, including with free agents.
The more I've thought about it Thibs seems like another poor fit. Yes, the Kings biggest problem over the years has been defense but I don't see him meshing with Vlade all that well. Very different philosophies. And Thibodeau's biggest issues in Chicago were that (1) he eventually lost the players and (2) he shut out the front office with his micromanaging, obsessive ways.

He'd be a huge step up from Karl, but I'm not sure he's the right fit. And honestly, the Kings can't afford to have yet another coaching hire not work out.

The more I think about it the more I hope Vlade puts the full court press on Ime Udoka.

Of course the Kimgs want Karl to resign. It would be better for everyone regardless of money. So that's not surprising. What's important is that the Kings will terminate him either way at the end of the season. We are all assuming this but we don't know for sure. If they don't it's bad news. And unbelieveable. Fire Karl (0r promote him to a helper job n the FO) and hire somebody new - anybody.

Bricklayer

If we lose the pick because of Karl trying to pad his win record on his way out by ridng veterans while other teams shut stars down would be another notch on the growing list of giant failures by this new regime.
The players want to win. And they should. They've shown themselves perfectly capable of not giving an ounce of effort for Karl when they don't want to. Karl's not really doing anything magical to force wins, except perhaps in finally playing WCS some more, which we want him to do. If we rally for some wins though, its not going to be for his sake.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The more I've thought about it Thibs seems like another poor fit. Yes, the Kings biggest problem over the years has been defense but I don't see him meshing with Vlade all that well. Very different philosophies. And Thibodeau's biggest issues in Chicago were that (1) he eventually lost the players and (2) he shut out the front office with his micromanaging, obsessive ways.

He'd be a huge step up from Karl, but I'm not sure he's the right fit. And honestly, the Kings can't afford to have yet another coaching hire not work out.

The more I think about it the more I hope Vlade puts the full court press on Ime Udoka.
Doubt we can afford Thibs anyways. Vivek and Co are paying how many coaches now?

Hopefully we get another diamond in the rough like Malone, or really hit it out of the park with a Stevens type hire.

There are good coaches out there, just gotta hope our FOA finally gets it right.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Without knowing exactly what went down in Chicago.....I don't rely on National media for anything.....Thibs is still the best option here over an untested Udoka. Vlade has partly put together a roster Thibs can work with, still need defensive wings, and I believe that Vlade and Thibs could easily co-exist. If Thibs gets us to the playoffs consistently before wearing out his welcome, I'll take that.

When you go down this road you've already lost the battle. Just move him into the archives room as I'm sure the contract would enable you to do. He's not leaving those $

Bricklayer

Doubt we can afford Thibs anyways. Vivek and Co are paying how many coaches now?

Hopefully we get another diamond in the rough like Malone, or really hit it out of the park with a Stevens type hire.

There are good coaches out there, just gotta hope our FOA finally gets it right.
Will only be the one.

Corbin was an assistant, so his contract would have ended at season's end. Malone got another job, so his contract ended when he signed with Denver. So just George.