[Game] Kings vs. Magic 1/9/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Oh god the Magic somehow gave up two hustle rebounds to TD and PJ and then an incredibly ugly three to Delly that went in because that's how Delly is.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Orlando has a lot of individual talent but the way I'm most concerned for their future is that they don't really have a lot of shooting.
This year has definitely shown that there is a limit to the idea that filling your roster with nothing but very tall and long players is going to lead to basketball success. Paolo's a good shot generator but that will only work if one or two of the three 6'10" forwards you're trying to play next to him is capable of hitting an open shot. They're all also bad at defense somehow too.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't understand the commentators saying Paolo has the harder lift when Keegan doesn't just have the green light to chase ROtY ballots. I'm not saying Keegan should be in the discussion, just that Keegan has to play team ball and winning ball or he doesn't play.

Orlando has a lot of individual talent but the way I'm most concerned for their future is that they don't really have a lot of shooting.
Suggs and Anthony really stalling out their development is setting them back. If I were them, commit to one of Fultz, Anthony or Suggs, trade the other 2 and build your core up around Franz and Paolo, who I think both can be excellent cornerstones. Should be WCJ too as a cornerstone, but I think they're going to be dumb and move him. He had better success defending Sabonis than anyone has had all season. Awesome player that's not going to get fully appreciated for his impact until he's on a winning team

I don't understand the commentators saying Paolo has the harder lift when Keegan doesn't just have the green light to chase ROtY ballots. I'm not saying Keegan should be in the discussion, just that Keegan has to play team ball and winning ball or he doesn't play.
Based on his play so far I’m not sure Keegan would benefit much by being the sole focus of a franchise.
More shots sure but he seems to be lacking the sort of assertiveness that would get him there but who
Knows , maybe on an ultranatank team he’d find that extra gear and motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.