[Game] Kings vs. Chicago Bulls, 3/4/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps complaining about team defense.....and the extra player who always seems to improve that, is back sitting on the bench all night. I don't get it
He should’ve ate some of Monk’s minutes tonight. Monk is the worst defender on our team and never gets called out for it. It’s really crazy. He has no defensive accountability because we need his offense off the bench

We simply couldn’t stop Derozan and White. They made some tough shots so kudos to them. That said, our 4th qtr offense was putrid. Some awful 3s. A bunch of forced shots in the lane with multiple defenders in the way. Keegan deferring and not really getting any meaningful touches. When we needed a basket, we had no one we could go to. And when we got fouled, we would make one / miss one.
Letting Barnes guarding Derozen is like giving up layups. Pathetic coaching. Why isn't Keegan guarding him? That's why Derozen go off

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
he was fading away throwing up junk and getting junk fouls called on him. I know he is great from the midrange but 10-11 is ridiculous. He goes 8-11 and this game goes the other way. It took a otherworldly offensive performance, turnovers and missed shots for
Us to lose this. Ugh, why
He also had more free throw attempts in the second half than the entire Kings team combined.

I just feel like we're going to be rewarded in the playoffs in return for all these gut punches we've taken in the regular season. Maybe we're built better for the playoffs this year.

he was fading away throwing up junk and getting junk fouls called on him. I know he is great from the midrange but 10-11 is ridiculous. He goes 8-11 and this game goes the other way. It took a otherworldly offensive performance, turnovers and missed shots for
It all averages out though. The Kings hitting >33% on 3's is pretty consistent in the loss column.

I can't be unhappy with this loss. The Kings played with effort and teamwork; several players had good to very good performances. But DeMar DeRozan showed why he's going to be a HOFer. Here he was playing really for nothing except pride on a team going nowhere and he was outstanding. Got to give him and the Bulls some credit on this one. If the Kings keep playing with this kind of effort and heart for the remaining games of the season, they'll be in the playoffs.

By far the best thing I saw tonight was Scott Pollard ringing the bell at the hospital after his heart transplant. I'm so happy for the guy.
You are a better man than me. I agree the effort was there, but can’t lose this game.

I hope monte is paying attention to the 2024 nba draft. Kings might just retain their pick from the hawks if they don't make the playoffs.

I can't be unhappy with this loss. The Kings played with effort and teamwork; several players had good to very good performances. But DeMar DeRozan showed why he's going to be a HOFer. Here he was playing really for nothing except pride on a team going nowhere and he was outstanding. Got to give him and the Bulls some credit on this one. If the Kings keep playing with this kind of effort and heart for the remaining games of the season, they'll be in the playoffs.

By far the best thing I saw tonight was Scott Pollard ringing the bell at the hospital after his heart transplant. I'm so happy for the guy.
This is the worst homer take I’ve ever read.

Brown will probably point it out. Physicality. DDR did hit some ridiculous shots but he and White were just pounding anyone and everyone inside.
The other question is why is he getting 12 attempts in one half? How anyone can quote my post about refs and not acknowledge that BS is beyond me. There’s no defending what we witnessed tonight. I already know the Kings choked that 4th quarter away but it should’ve never gotten that close to begin with and some of that was not just on them alone. Our guys couldn’t be physical when we wanted to be because we weren’t allowed to touch them in the same way.

Just going off of Jay Triano’s resume, I’m thinking it was a quick play meant for Monk to zip the ball back to Fox under the rim for an open look almost immediately off the inbound. Unfortunately Malik and Fox didn’t really seem to know where Malik wanted to get the ball.
Could be if so that's the definition of getting cute when you don't have to. The Kings had plenty of time to set up a play.

Once again the growth this team needs to have.

We're 22-8 vs the West sans 0-6 vs NOP and Hou. That's freaking bonkers.

But god damn we have some real frustrating losses that easily could have us top 4 in the conference. We have an incredible record (frankly) vs the top tier teams in the NBA but we just punt it away with games like this. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

Disappointing loss. For whatever reason we lose to these middling Eastern Conference teams at home. Blowing a 22 point lead at home can’t happen. Beat LA on Wednesday and all is forgiven.
Well, fortunately for us that's the last one.

There's still some middling East road games left, but I feel more confident with those! Pistons, Hornets, and now Bulls all were road victories.

I'd still rather get all the playoff teams and contenders at home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.