[Game] Kings vs Cavaliers, 1/10/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't ask for a better look. Overall not a bad game:

-Fought back against the team that probably gave us our worst loss of the season.
-Queta time. He was a big reason we stayed in this game. Didn't let Mobley/JA bully us in the paint and brought much needed hustle and energy to a team that desperately needs it. Frankly, he played his way into the rotation and there's no reason not to give him 15-20 MPG going forward, even when we're healthy. We gain nothing with TT minutes.
-Hali continues to shine as the lead playmaker and is starting to show a much better package of shot creation moves.
-Lin.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If they brought this level of effort every night they'd be close to .500 on the season right now. I really hope we just bury Thompson on the bench forever. He had his time but he doesn't have NBA game anymore. Queta, on the other hand, has both size and energy. He didn't rack up stats but his presence impacted the game on both ends. We haven't been very good at generating positive momentum for the past 15 years but if this loss helps Gentry to find his rotation, I'm okay with it.

Bold of you to assume he's taking it.
He passes the ball with .5 seconds left, coach tells him he needs to take the shot, fan calls him soft on Twitter which prompts a press conference that his coach and fans are meanies, goes home, crys into dollar bills, the debilitating words make him take basketball off for the next five years, the Kings withhold his pay, Ben Simmons at that exact moment reveals he has been diagnosed with depression.

hrdboild

Staff member
Shout out to the Cavs too for not overthinking things and giving Mobley and Allen a chance to share the floor. A lot of draft mockers thought that trading for Allen meant they wouldn't take another big man but they saw that Mobley was too good to pass up and they've made it work. I hope they continue to ascend in the Eastern conference and show the rest of the league that something other than midget lineups who hoist threes every time down the floor can still win in the modern NBA.

Yeah not really cheering for Lins this year in a 2 man (For us) draft. But played well and a close loss. Did not love the last play with Fox trying to get into the lane and shoot over Mobley. Not into blaming the coaches but that play didn’t help.

Shout out to the Cavs too for not overthinking things and giving Mobley and Allen a chance to share the floor. A lot of draft mockers thought that trading for Allen meant they wouldn't take another big man but they saw that Mobley was too good to pass up and they've made it work. I hope they continue to ascend in the Eastern conference and show the rest of the league that something other than midget lineups who hoist threes every time down the floor can still win in the modern NBA.
It's "easy" to play 2 bigs when you have mold breaker/future MVP/Unicorn Evan Mobley on your team. Gives them such an edge because once Mobley grows up on offense, they're going to absolutely punish everyone who tries to stay small against them.

Yeah not really cheering for Lins this year in a 2 man (For us) draft. But played well and a close loss. Did not love the last play with Fox trying to get into the lane and shoot over Mobley. Not into blaming the coaches but that play didn’t help.
I think the top 4 all look pretty good with all-star upside. 5 is where things get hairy where there hasn't really been a stand-out guy yet for that slot. But any of Smith, Chet, Paolo, Ivey would be franchise-corner stone type talents.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I think the top 4 all look pretty good with all-star upside. 5 is where things get hairy where there hasn't really been a stand-out guy yet for that slot. But any of Smith, Chet, Paolo, Ivey would be franchise-corner stone type talents.
5th pick incoming.

I still think we need to let Vlade rep us at the lotto, that lucky idiot. Then we pick whoever he DOESN’T like in the top 3 after we move up.

Obviously I would prefer one of the top guys, but if we're just in a position where we can get Kendall Brown I'd be golden.

hrdboild

Staff member
He shot that over Rondo. Everybody whose ever watched Fox knew he was going to pull up and shoot the midrange in that situation. It looked good, it just rimmed out.

5th pick incoming.

I still think we need to let Vlade rep us at the lotto, that lucky idiot. Then we pick whoever he DOESN’T like in the top 3 after we move up.
Well, who's the opposite of a dinosaur big and an obscure, low minutes European player that doesn't cross that unacceptable line of being TOO good of a European prospect? Whoever that person is would be the pick.

hrdboild

Staff member
It's "easy" to play 2 bigs when you have mold breaker/future MVP/Unicorn Evan Mobley on your team. Gives them such an edge because once Mobley grows up on offense, they're going to absolutely punish everyone who tries to stay small against them.
It's easy to say that now but a lot of people were saying either that Mobley was not as good as his reputation or that he'd be stuck on the bench behind Allen because the Cavs would need to keep 4 shooters on the floor. I was a Mobley believer (and his older brother is starting to look like he has an NBA future with the way he's leading the Trojans this season) but I didn't predict them finding this level of success this fast by playing all of their bigs at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.