[Game] Kings vs. 76ers 10PM ET 7PM PT

Who wins? Predictions? Thoughts?

Mods/Admins, feel free to edit this past to include View From The Other Side or anything else. I simple want to help spur on the conversation by getting the ball rolling.

Would be fun to watch Cousins and Okafor go at each other. Okafor is very polished for a rookie and strong and quick enough to really give Cousins fits. And all this talk about his bad defense looks a bit overblown to me. Not a fan of his strange jumpshot technique, but still looks like a very good up and coming player. Only thing I don't like is his layed back attitude on the court. Feels like watching young Timmy D - things tend to get boring, when you are used to DMC and watch a guy, whose facial expression almost never changes. :)

Just realized, that Okafor is still questionable for the King's game.......:(

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Will be fun to watch Cousins and Okafor go at each other. Okafor is very polished for a rookie and strong and quick enough to really give Cousins fits. And all this talk about his bad defense looks a bit overblown to me. Not a fan of his strange jumpshot technique, but still looks like a very good up and coming player. Only thing I don't like is his layed back attitude on the court. Feels like watching young Timmy D - things tend to get boring, when you are used to DMC and watch a guy, whose facial expression almost never changes. :)
Don't think he's played the last two games and is questioable to play Okafor that is, could be time for Sir Carl Landry to turn back the clock.

Don't think he's played the last two games and is questioable to play Okafor that is, could be time for Sir Carl Landry to turn back the clock.
So Cousins, if not suspended, will have fun bouncing Noel around again....
I really looked forward to see what Okafor could do against Cousins.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Carl Landry will score 20 and look 100x's better than he ever did in either stint in Sacramento just because.

And I'll go out on a limb and say Sauce Castillo bricks a bunch of threes while still looking like a tiny deer in the headlights. He's one guy I have absolute faith isn't going off even when the Kings leave him wide open all night long.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If we lose I'm done with the Kings.

Not that I'm expecting a loss or anything. But you never know with our lovable gang of goofs.

I will be so pissed if after the last 24 hours of Cousins intervention amongst fans(and he hears every second of it), if he comes out and trots up and down the floor like he has been doing pretty much all season. Tonight will show what kind of teammate Cousins is. Does he suck it up, look in the mirror and say "wtf is wrong with me im killing team morale" or does he continue his path to mediocrity?

You lose this and heads should start rolling
Oh if they lose this one there will be moves made. The trade door would be thrown wide open. Losing to the so called worst team in the league shows that there is no pride. That apathy has taken full root in the locker room. That the coach is being tuned out. Im not saying those things are not happening already, but a loss to the CBA Sixers would be an actionable red flag...

I dont believe they will lose the game. But watch out if they do! People will flock to KF to scream for heads....

Last edited:
yeah, this one we should....nope. not saying it. not jinxing it, not setting myself up for disappointment. Ish Smith career game, anybody? (would at least help me, fantasy basketball wise)

No way we should lose our guard rotation> theirs

Only way I can see us losing is if cousins underestimates another rookie again like he did with KAT, or we give Covington another career night like he did when we lost our game to them last year, and if Rudy decides to pull of a Portland surprise again

Well, since IMO the main players (Rudy, Cuz, and Rondo) have been leading another player revolt against coaching/management (just less overt than last year), this is exactly the kind of game that would provide the leverage/pressure to force a move (i.e. get rid of Karl).

It seems pretty clear to me that the key players have not bought into the up-tempo, no-defense, dribble-drive systems.
It seems pretty clear they do not want to win games for Karl.
They have been clearly giving lackluster effort - the only question is "What will cause them to want to win the ballgame more than win their internal power-struggles?"

I think Cuz is misunderstanding just how supportive of the establishment/authority Sacramento is.
I think he is misreading how the public will perceive this internal squabble. I don't see how the players can make this blame fall squarely on the shoulders of coaching. Karl's past coaching history holds way too much sway in the court of public opinion. They simply cannot understand how mismanaged the coaching is - they only see (past) record.

In hindsight, "Cuz's camp" was dead-right to oppose Karl being hired - just for the simple fact that his past record (and sympathetic medical conditions, as coincidentally-detailed recently in that Bee article) makes him impervious to the kind of player mutiny that worked against Corbin.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It's a horrible feeling when we're not fully positive as fans that we can take this team.
Its a bit of a trap game -- since Silver stepped in, D'Antoni arrived etc. the Sixers suddenly have been playing competitively, just beat the spiraling Suns, and almost beat Utah.

As long as we don't get a sudden Cousins suspension we of course should beat them, but its not quite the situation it was a month ago where even if you had refused to put 5 players on the floor the Sixers probably still would have forced the loss by shooting hoops into their own basket.

K

KingMilz

These 76ers are playing for there careers most of them the Kings have to be careful plus Ish Smith in the past has slayed us. This is far from a gimmie game although we really should win.

I think a loss might be the best thing for the team cause something 100% changes if we do loss.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
This game is definitely not a given, most likely the Kings will come out and play down to their competitions level. Who knows? it might be another Wizards game with no energy..

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... Except the Sixers don't have John Wall. If we only play as well as we did against Washington, we should still win. It would probably take a Mexico City-esque no-show to lose this game... Which, sadly, is not out of the realm of possibilities.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
is Okafor playing? I'd like to see him bang with Boogie. Besides all that, what happens if they lose to the Sixers? the sky is falling threads will appear?

S

SacTownKing

well at some point you giveup hope for the team , they lose this one and it's safe to say they are what their record says they are to quote Bill Parcells

Last edited by a moderator: