[Game] Kings v. Nets 11/13/13

S

storisaurus

I'm happy for you die hard Kings fans. However, I must say, Brooklyn looked like they weren't even trying. My goodness, that team is so damn lazy and pathetic.

Most complete game of the season so far. Great to see DMC have a (relatively) quiet game and the team still scores 100+. Was a little worried that, given the previous coaches this team has had, the recent events might have a negative effect on the team. There seemed to be far more unity and spirit out there tonight.

Vasquez really looked good running the offense and IT+MT off the bench was instant fire power. Lets get some rest and get ready for friday because a good time was had by all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm happy for you die hard Kings fans. However, I must say, Brooklyn looked like they weren't even trying. My goodness, that team is so damn lazy and pathetic.
I think they looked old. But this is Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Deron Williams we're talking about. I'm not gonna count them out quite yet, even if Garnett did look like Ramses II.

Definitely a positive game on many levels.. Possible renewed faith in thornton as a NBA player. Greivis hopefully a piece for the future. PPat even looked NBA standard. IT is the real deal, and reminiscent of BoJax back in the day we definitevly have the best back up in the association. Only thing that stops it from being great was Ben's showing

Jimmer is really on the outside looking in.
Which is largely fine. Rumor mill is picking up again about trades. Alex Kennedy from USA Today tweeted that Sacramento was very active on the phones the last couple of days. With four or five playoff teams in meltdown mode right now, there's bound to be some pockets the Kings can pick.

Great win from the team. Cousins showed he can do things even when he can't shoot the ball well, like his great defense. Vasquez played extremely well. Thornton/IT wre very good off the bench. McLemore might take a few game to settle into the starting role comfortably.

S

Shabazz916

Jimmer needs to get traded. But the new starting line up works well on the defensive end of the floor. Which makes bench scoring better

I know. What triggered that note was that I was watching the team in a huddle around Malone and Jimmer was wandering around outside the group. He clearly is not in Malone's plans.
Yeah, Seems like Jimmer has played pretty well both in pre-season and in his limited minutes. I am sure he feels dismayed at the lack of opportunity. I hope that he gets a fair and reasonable chance to play for his next team.

I know. What triggered that note was that I was watching the team in a huddle around Malone and Jimmer was wandering around outside the group. He clearly is not in Malone's plans.
He wants guys that have the physical assets to consistently fight and win a defensive battle.. and rebound. Even if Jimmer gives 110% effort...Also the reason Thornton doesn't fit

I think he has a solid plan

Glenn

Hall of Famer
He wants guys that have the physical assets to consistently fight and win a defensive battle.. and rebound. Even if Jimmer gives 110% effort...Also the reason Thornton doesn't fit

I think he has a solid plan
I expected Jimmer to play last night. However, taking a starter (MT) and benching him by using Ben as a starter and Jimmer of the bench might satisfy the wrath of many about MT's play but we don't want to lose him mentally for the rest of the year. MT doesn't satisfy Malone's definition of what he wants on the court and actually I think Jimmer may satisfy Malone's defintition better but the talent level that MT has shown in the past cannot be ignored. He has far exceeded anything Jimmer has done. I don't know what has been wrong with MT but at least in one game, he looked like the old MT. We wouldn't have seen that if Jimmer had taken his place off the bench.

I actually feel bad for Jimmer. He has done everything asked of him and the fall from his college days is huge.

I like him as well and want him to get at least one more legit chance to show his talent. The NBA is the highest physical competition however. Length and size matter. If you don't have it, you better be balls to the wall with effort. Diving on the floor, banging into people at the expense of possible injury, etc etc

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It's one thing to flop, but another to flop as if someone hit you and try to go after them afterwards.
Yep yep. Remember that exact play. So pathetic. I wonder if there's any hope the league's anti-flopping campaign actually keeps it from taking root in the new generation of players. The older ones are certainly all ruined and constantly trying to cheat.