[Game] Kings v. Grizzlies - 12/31/16 - 2PT/5ET

No, you don't. IF you trade Cousins it's not to retool. It's to tear down and rebuild. You'd trade him for ending contracts, young players and draft picks.

Dealing Boogie for a guy like, say CJ McCollum doesn't fix the issues of the present or the future.
Regardless, there is no way to build around him. We can't entice, and he can't attract guys to join him. Zero assets to trade, and the lotto ain't working.

I'll take Randle and Ingram and our pick over this mess. I'm a Kings fan. I am sick of a horrible product.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'll take Randle and Ingram and our pick over this mess. I'm a Kings fan. I am sick of a horrible product.
This doesn't pass the logic test: if Randle and Ingram were worth DeMarcus Cousins... you know what, forget that part. If Randle and Ingram were good enough to be the cornerstones of a winning team, and Cousins isn't, why would the gd lakers trade them to us?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regardless, there is no way to build around him. We can't entice, and he can't attract guys to join him. Zero assets to trade, and the lotto ain't working.

The Kings have had six straight top 8 picks and failed to draft an impact player. And their only great pick in that time was IT at #60 and they let him (and Evans) walk for nothing. The only impact trade was for Gay.

Now they almost no trade assets beyond Cousins, only have Boogie, Kosta, Barnes, WCS, Temple & the rookies guaranteed beyond this year and they are poised to lose their 2017 and 2019 1st rounders.

Sneaking into the 8th seed would be great, but then what?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This doesn't pass the logic test: if Randle and Ingram were worth DeMarcus Cousins... you know what, forget that part. If Randle and Ingram were good enough to be the cornerstones of a winning team, and Cousins isn't, why would the gd lakers trade them to us?
Yeah, the only choices in my mind are to keep trying to build around Cousins or to blow it up and take your chances with finding your star(s) in the draft.

Vivek took over the same offseason that Hinkie began "the process". I don't know about the rest of you but I'd take the Sixers future over the Kings right now.

The playoffs can absolutely happen. Its silly to even suggest otherwise. There are only 7 teams with decent records in the West. Somebody bad is getting #8.
That sounds so.....uplifting! Let's be the "bad" team that sneaks in, gets pounded 4-0 by the Warriors, then rinse and repeat next year!