Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

After watching that memphis game got me thinking it would be a dream to have JJJ on this team.
Had to search his wingspan and its 7'4.5".
Crazy.
we need that length coz honestly thats where we struggle.
Give them HB Sasha, Davion and 2 firsts.
Maybe JJJ and D.Rose back our way.
Just a dream

Yeah, sure they're going to give up right after adding Rozier for table scraps. The Rozier trade is a good baseline to follow for other teams. Rozier is on a pretty quality contract vs. productivity and the Hornets got 1 lottery protected 1st that turns to an unprotected 1st rounder should it not even convey. Good luck sellers.

Yeah, sure they're going to give up right after adding Rozier for table scraps. The Rozier trade is a good baseline to follow for other teams. Rozier is on a pretty quality contract vs. productivity and the Hornets got 1 lottery protected 1st that turns to an unprotected 1st rounder should it not even convey. Good luck sellers.
Hey, if true I am throwing everything at a trade proposal for him. Jimmy Butler and Mikal Bridges are part of a very very small group of players that I would consider jeopardizing the team’s future and potentially trading Keegan (especially for Mikal Bridges).

Hey, if true I am throwing everything at a trade proposal for him. Jimmy Butler and Mikal Bridges are part of a very very small group of players that I would consider jeopardizing the team’s future and potentially trading Keegan (especially for Mikal Bridges).
Mikal is great but you have to wonder how much of an upgrade he is over Keegan especially given the cost. His defense isn’t as good as it used to be and it’s not out of the question Keegan could be as good as him offensively by next season. I think I’d rather have a low cost Keegan and use those picks to upgrade elsewhere

I wouldn’t entertain trading Keegan for butler straight up for one second, wouldn’t do it for bridges either unless Cam Johnson was attach to him but we ain’t trading Keegan anyways.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Obviously none of us knows Keegan or the family enough to state definitively but he just seems like a guy who has that Tim Duncan in him where if everything went well he could play a 20 year career in one NBA city. I don't want to move him unless the team collapses and is a 10 year lotto team again and someone gave us a godfather 3 FRP and took all our dead salary too.

Would you all be willing to give up Huerter, or Barnes in order to get a couple good bench players
So essentially Huerter+Lyles+ 2 FRP for Grant?

God no. That's a Vlade trade if I've ever seen one.
What's with all these bigs coming into the NBA who cannot rebound to save their life? That kind of thing scares me because if they don't know how to get in position for a rebound then they probably don't know how to get in position to assist teammates in scoring. Seems like a low IQ type thing when I see a big man who has less rebounds per game than most starting PGs out there. Just a red flag because you don't know if it's IQ or if he's just not understanding where the ball will be.

well unfortunately thats the level of player its gonna take to be a true contender. in my eyes at least. (JJJ, Chet..) There are young guys out there that could still develop into a player kinda like that. Eason, Patrick Williams, J Smith all still have untapped potential.

Maybe Keegan becomes a good enough defender and rebounder to play the 4 long term. And they find another wing defender for the 3 spot.
All things considered (the limited selection of such type of players being available, the previous failure that is Domas + a shot-blocking stretch-big), I think this is the most likely scenario for us to become a legit contender.

From the eye test so far in 1 1/2 seasons, I'm not so sure as well that a shot-blocking big even with a capable enough 3pt is what matches perfectly with Domas. At least I don't think we have enough evidence to prove otherwise. But the one thing that will work and for enough certainty is BBIQ. It is very clear that if you are smart with the game, you'll have a respectable two-man game with Domas. Keegan Murray had shown us with a large enough sample size, even with his quiet demeanor, that he is smart with it. And thus the two-man game between him and Domas has been pretty well.

My point is, I could be wrong and that Domas just hasn't found that stretch big who shotblocks that works with him. But since those are rare like unicorn currently, I think it'll be a better route to work Keegan into a full-time 4 (He played some 5 in Iowa, so at least he got the moves and the know-how) and find a wing defender with high BBIQ.

Mikal is great but you have to wonder how much of an upgrade he is over Keegan especially given the cost. His defense isn’t as good as it used to be and it’s not out of the question Keegan could be as good as him offensively by next season. I think I’d rather have a low cost Keegan and use those picks to upgrade elsewhere
To each their own! I think Bridges has been tasked with being more offensively focused, but he is a great player and is in the age range of our best players. I do agree though, Keegan is unlikely to be traded and I do think we need to make some changes. Maybe not huge ones, but we need more consistency. As great as Barnes and Huerter have been, these ebbs and flows really affect the team. I am not going to let a few games change my thoughts about their performances most of this season and last year’s postseason.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
DFS
Thybull
J. Issac
Cam Johnson

Those should be our targets guys that we don’t have to trade out top 6 for and still have untapped potential (outside DFS)
The Jonathan Isaac thing is crazy talk. We're talking about a guy who is a 7 year NBA pro currently averaging 6 pts and 4 reb and on pace to play less overall minutes spread out over 7 years than Keegan Murray is going to play in 2. I realize most of his value is tied to his defense but giving up any assets from a playoff team for a guy who more than likely won't be available by the time we get to the post-season in any given year is a hail mary at best.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Another player to look at is Isaiah Stewart in Detroit. He would work really well between Keegan and Sabonis.
I'd love if we found a way to get Isaiah Stewart and Dejounte Murray -- two of the best Washington Huskies of the last 10 years and both of them are underappreciated by their current teams. Stewart already signed his contract extension though ($15 million per year for the next four years with a team option on the 4th year) so trading for him mid-season might be a challenge because of his poison pill status. (he only counts against Detroit's cap for $5.2 million but the cap hit to any team he's traded to would be $10.9 million)

The Jonathan Isaac thing is crazy talk. We're talking about a guy who is a 7 year NBA pro currently averaging 6 pts and 4 reb and on pace to play less overall minutes spread out over 7 years than Keegan Murray is going to play in 2. I realize most of his value is tied to his defense but giving up any assets from a playoff team for a guy who more than likely won't be available by the time we get to the post-season in any given year is a hail mary at best.
Totally reasonable with Isaac.

BUT

Dude has been utterly insane on defense this year. Like game-changing/best defender in the league sort of good. I agree, it's probably a long-shot he ever gets built up to starter minutes again, but man. You'll basically never get a chance to acquire a defensive talent like that if he did manage to hit.

Just one data point, but the Magic defense is 12.7 points better in the 406 Isaac minutes this year. That's insane.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Isaac scares the hell out of me and is one guy on that list I'd not pursue but DFS and Thybulle would make me happy and would for sure take a flyer on Cam.

Stewart seems like a good acquisition but is Detroit likely to trade him and if so what would we need to give up?
Gafford, is supposedly likely to get traded, I like him a lot but understand he’s not the perfect fit with Sabonis.