[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

Give credit to the Pelicans. They're the better team.

Kings think tank could not come up with any plans even after losing so many games to them. Poor planning and mediocre execution.

Okay you’re on to something. Part of bringing out the best of them is putting together a plan that will help them succeed. Agree? So if a plan doesn’t work 5 times in a row, is it rational to keep doing that same plan?
This team has lived and died by the 3 all season. That is their style. They were not capable of changing that, with the available players.

By the way, I'm not a fan of living and dying by the 3

Don’t know how anyone can think this loss is on Brown when players severely underperform and he doesn’t have the personnel to matchup against the Pelicans
Yeah, more of the blame is on the construction, but again, if Monte thinks this team is a contender he's not in almost every trade available from summer to the deadline lol. Can't run this back again though. Nope. This is the first big obstacle now, you either move it, go around it, or jump over. Running straight through it on the same path didn't work.

Last edited:
As disappointing as this is, still love the team, still think Fox, Domas and Murray are foundational pieces you can build around, looking forward to seeing some more growth from Keon and hopefully we can get Monk resigned and find some more length at the 4. Rooting for OKC, Denver, Phoenix and Dallas round 1. East don’t really care. TDOS here we go…sigh

The Kings need to understand that in order to take it to another level, you have to remove players like Barnes, Mitchell and Huerter in the roster...small size means their defense sucks, they can't shoot over nobody and get blocked...can't outrebound anybody because too damm short. Did you see Mitchell try to rebound over some tall Pelicans dude and got called for a foul? I mean that's one example right there....if he's tall...he wouldn't be fouling but would secure the rebound. Same with Barnes, if he's tall...those drive to the basketball would not have been blocked. The man got blocked like 3 times...it's horrible.
Good point. Kings just need to field a team of guys 6'10" and above and we're good. Sabonis can stay. Rest of those losers need to go!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, I haven’t seen anyone outright say fire brown. I think it’s completely reasonable to heap plenty of ire on him since all 6 games against the pels looked exactly the same.
The thing is that they really haven’t though. The matchups early in the season were plain terrible because defensively we couldn’t stop a single thing. Over the last couple of matchups, we’ve been okay defensively when CJ isn’t randomly playing like Game 7 Steph while it’s been our lack of a solid iso player beyond Fox cratering our offense that’s been an issue (coincidentally, Monk has missed the last two matchups)

This team has lived and died by the 3 all season. That is their style. They were not capable of changing that, with the available players.

By the way, I'm not a fan of living and dying by the 3
This is where I disagree. They are more than capable. It’s just not a point of emphasis. Brown has consistently said he wants the spray 3s. He is the one reinforcing the plan, not the players. Or am I completely hearing a different message from his direct quotes about not shooting enough 3s in a game where over half of our shots were 3s and we shoot less than 30%?

okc will mess them up
lol keep believing that if you want. We beat them this year also. They will have issues with Valenchunas. He is too big for Chet and he just backs him down with ease. The NBA also has a new playoff format where teams seem to play every 2-3 days now and it’s a possibility that Zion can be back if it goes 5/6 games. That’ll be over 2 weeks.

As disappointing as this is, still love the team, still think Fox, Domas and Murray are foundational pieces you can build around, looking forward to seeing some more growth from Keon and hopefully we can get Monk resigned and find some more length at the 4. Rooting for OKC, Denver, Phoenix and Dallas round 1. East don’t really care. TDOS here we go…sigh
Murray isn't a go to offensive player at this point. He's a catch and shoot guy, that lives and dies by the 3

Yep, Murray and Ellis not hitting was the downfall. Not having more post game hurts too when the shots aren't going down.

Defense wasn't the problem, they held them to 105
I mean, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that Keegan can become this teams KD or Tatum, but usually players don't develop elite handling and the ability to generate fouls out of the triple threat at 24 years old. However, Keegan in the post? Pretty sure he did that in college. That's my only gripe with Brown. Post play and the lack thereof when mismatches call for it. If it fails it fails, but to not even really try? No, not good enough.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Can we trade our pick after it's made?
Yes and frankly Atlanta may want to give us an asset to take it too. They’re far worse off than we are. But also we might want a player there. The draft is not exciting up top is why it’s viewed as a bad one. Could still be our best opportunity to add a lower lotto level talent for the next five years.