[Game] Kings @ Pelicans 2/5/2023 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question, who has a theory on why we are so bad against teams on the second night of a back to back? Is it just coincidence? Do other teams give us their best since we have been good? Do we lose focus? I don’t know our record but I feel like we have at least 6 such losses and can’t think of wins

Dude is what he is. And that’s not very good but can play defense sometimes. He isn’t growing much more from what he is.
Problem is that typically even a back-up PG worth his salt can create for himself or others. That's literally a point guard's job.

That snowballs into Huerter and Murray being ineffective because they're not the shot creators for the starting lineup. They play off Fox and Sabonis, and one of them is gone and the other ineffective because no one else can put pressure on the defense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Honest question, who has a theory on why we are so bad against teams on the second night of a back to back? Is it just coincidence? Do other teams give us their best since we have been good? Do we lose focus? I don’t know our record but I feel like we have at least 6 such losses and can’t think of wins
What's weird is that the Kings have a better record on the second night of a back-to-back than they have against teams on the second of a back-to-back.

Maybe they think they’re better than they are/take teams for granted.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
People are gonna say no need to panic. But after the Pacers game, this game is exposing some major issues. Pels went the distance last night, are resting Ingram, and don’t have Zion. And we’re still losing by 30. Teams are adjusting and now we got to make some scheme adjustments as well
Depends on what you mean by "panic." If panic means, "I told you guys we suck! We might as well trade everyone and tank for Wembanyama!" then no, you guys shouldn't be panicking right now. EDIT - If panic means, "We need to go all-in and take a homerun swing before the trade deadline," then you probably shouldn't do that, either.

I hope monte isn't gonna panic trade or anything after just this one game. Don't think one marginal guy is going to save the Kings defensively. Let's play the long game with some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.