[Game] Kings @ Pelicans 2/5/2023 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, noise can come later. All that matters is ending up above the play-in line.
And not ruining your chances to possibly add that 3rd piece before Sabonis and Fox are taking up like 70% of your cap, haha. The names attached to the Kings this deadline are no lose contract wise so I think Monte knows that.

I'm not saying bury the rook on the bench. But maybe just give him bit of a wake up call. Winning rookie of the month is great but the competition is other rookies. Trey Lyles of late has been playing a lot better than Murray. We'll see, it's all up to Coach Brown to see it and adjust accordingly.
he’s been playing better than him for maybe 3 games. He was fantastic prior to that. We shall see what happens

he just won rookie of the month for January. These games suck but not sure we need to totally melt down after a couple losses. I wanted 4-3 on this road trip, if we lose tonight that is still on the table
This is exactly where I am. This game sucks balls but I counted it as a loss on the trip (although before I knew half the pelicans were out). Still should be happy with a 4-3 road trip. However sweeping the rockets at home is far from guaranteed.

I think it is more that his feet aren't set, he's moving more, and he doesn't square up like he used to.
Yeah, teams are finding him and pressuring him. And Huerter. On the DHO a few games back teams started to duck the screen and meet both on the other side. Now, there are ways to make teams pay on that but in terms of shooting it's a tougher look. Last game we saw the way to attack the defense, Huerter was met and he immediately went left and drove into the paint and was wide open. Keegan tried that tonight and it resulted in a turnover. He's got decent handles for a PF but he's not a modern wing, or someone with G skills to be doing that more than a few times a game from the looks of it. He has a sick drop step though. Could easily get PPG on that but he has to get the ball and the space.

We’ve had a decent amount of losses since the start of the year against teams on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. Shouldn’t be happening. Don’t have the exact numbers, but our 3pt shooting has been horrid, even in the wins against the Wolves and Spurs. Tells me teams are adjusting against us as they play us their 2nd/3rd times in the season, and we’ve got some tired legs. All star break can’t come soon enough

This is exactly where I am. This game sucks balls but I counted it as a loss on the trip (although before I knew half the pelicans were out). Still should be happy with a 4-3 road trip. However sweeping the rockets at home is far from guaranteed.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we loss 1 against the Rockets. We’re simply playing bad basketball right now. Nothing seems like it’s coming easy

yeh and I do think the rockets games will be tough to win both as they are also on the road. Was really hoping we took either the pacers or this game to take the pressure off. I just want to see us play well even in a loss. We look terrible tonight so far

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm turning this off. Not doom and glooming, but we really need Fox. Not sure I am interested in investing the time into the games he is out. I don't want Monte to make a rash move but it's pretty clear we probably should ship out anyone who isn't contributing right now who is expiring for anyone who might. We have a coach who knows what he needs and coach and GM are on the same timeline now, let's go do this.

Also hope Fox doesn't want more kids or times them to have summer birthdays. Leos would suit the King.

Status
Not open for further replies.