[Game] Kings @ OKC Thunder- 4/9/2024 - 5:00PM PDT/8:00PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on….this did not start with the monk injury. I will always love this team but this is just who they have been all year.
Yeah, being a contender vs. 6th/7th/8th/9th isn't Monk. Never was. He can be the difference if you have that top end, but not a way to get to it.

Come on….this did not start with the monk injury. I will always love this team but this is just who they have been all year.
This is true but I’m just saying the scoring droughts wouldn’t be anywhere near disgusting. You have guys passing up shots Monk would shoot with no hesitation, especially at or near the rim.

He shot 17 threes tonight and made just over 41% of them. That's pretty much a Steph Curry shooting night. And Keon Ellis had a pretty good Klay Thompson shooting night himself (8 for 15). The trouble is we were better as a team offense when Fox was getting to the basket and everyone else was making the threes. And tonight was a perfect example of why... Shai and Chet are shooting free throws every time down the floor and we're shooting threes and hoping enough of them go in to regain the lead.
You proved my point. Fox shooting 17 3s should never happen. He needed to attack attack attack. I don't care how many he made, I care that we are consistent with how we attack.

When Fox makes a 3 the other team says we can live with it. It's not the same feel or momentum as a curry 3. Nobody will ever say foxes biggest strength is him shooting 3s

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Consistency makes a major difference. SGA puts in the effort every game. Fox doesnt
I don't know what "effort" is supposed to mean in this context. Fox had more rebounds, more assists, more made baskets, and less turnovers than SGA in this game. On the season he's now closed the gap in steals between them to less than 10. The only real effort I see from SGA is putting his head down and running into defenders. Fox has tried that before and he doesn't get the calls.

Consistency makes a major difference. SGA puts in the effort every game. Fox doesnt
Complete nonsense. A more apt example would be certain members of this board putting in more effort with their contributions than others. :rolleyes:

SGA is a phenomenal player, but the amount of FTA’s he gets bailed out with in comparison to Fox, who attacks and gets hit/hacked as much as anyone, is beyond ridiculous. Even Steph Curry in his prime never got to the line near as much. And he gets hacked a ton too.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You proved my point. Fox shooting 17 3s should never happen. He needed to attack attack attack. I don't care how many he made, I care that we are consistent with how we attack.

When Fox makes a 3 the other team says we can live with it. It's not the same feel or momentum as a curry 3. Nobody will ever say foxes biggest strength is him shooting 3s
I was agreeing with you. :)

I don't know what "effort" is supposed to mean in this context. Fox had more rebounds, more assists, more made baskets, and less turnovers than SGA in this game. On the season he's now closed the gap in steals between them to less than 10. The only real effort I see from SGA is putting his head down and running into defenders. Fox has tried that before and he doesn't get the calls.
It seems we have some “blind” mice wandering the site. It ain’t just the officials at the games. Lol.

The Kings shot 58 3's and OKC shot 30. Then people are wondering why one team gets more calls
Brown wants spray 3's, he gets spray 3's. I mentioned it in the other game, Domas has a literal layup at times and dished it out. Maybe the Kings didn't get the memo, no more shooters cheatery? Don't tell us the NBA is ditching the soft *** shooter stuff now that there's super teams? Consider me shocked. lol.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Waste of an excellent overall game by Ellis. The Kings did not win and will not win anything of import in the future unless they can somehow someway address the free throw disparity. Fox doesn't get calls on drives. Murray shoots fallaway jumpers in the key rather than go through players to the basket. Barnes just isn't good enough to consistently attack and get fouls. There's no way in hell the Kings can ever win major playoff series unless they address this issue. Otherwise, you can just put, "Three point or Die" on their epitaph.

Waste of an excellent overall game by Ellis. The Kings did not win and will not win anything of import in the future unless they can somehow someway address the free throw disparity. Fox doesn't get calls on drives. Murray shoots fallaway jumpers in the key rather than go through players to the basket. Barnes just isn't good enough to consistently attack and get fouls. There's no way in hell the Kings can ever win major playoff series unless they address this issue. Otherwise, you can just put, "Three point or Die" on their epitaph.
This! I hate it, but this!

Also Fox doesn't ger foul cause because he doesn't go through contact. He's so skilled he simply goes around it most the time. He's not gonna get SGA calls because for one he doesn't attack consistently and two he's more crafty
Like a kyrie Irving compared to a harden

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member

At least in this game, it's hard to go inside and attack when Sabonis is having an off night. This was a time to draw up plays to get Barnes good looks inside, for example, once the lead got up.

The bigger issue is how not having Sabonis engaged impacted this game missing both Monk and Huerter. The threes have to come from somewhere. 57 is absurd, though. Absolutely absurd.

Moving forward, if this team is to have any chance, players are going to have to step up in a way they may not have been ready for. I've seen Len, Lyles, Mitchell and Ellis have shown it. We really need the Black Falcon to rise in a bad way. Ditto Murray, who has been kinda quiet, and Sabonis is going to have to put up more points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.