Kings Offer Contract to George Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
FO should have done this months ago, but now the timing is just off.

At this point in the season, what's the point of bringing in Karl? May as well just man up and let this team suck their way into a high lottery pick. Give Cousins the rest of the season off and let Corbin bring home the bacon!

It's awkward that Corbin will coach the next two games knowing he's being replaced at the ASG break. I'm curious if he or other coaches will be let go as well (or remain through the season).

As far as a relationship between Karl and Cousins, remember that Karl had Gary Payton in Seattle (a character in his own right) and had pretty good success. I see this as a positive for Boogie's career.
He's a professional. He can deal with it.

Is like to thank Mike Malone for making a hall of fame coach possible. If it wernt for him getting us to 9-7 and looking good the job isn't that disarable. But most importantly if he let the FO hire that below average coach, Gentry that clown would be here as he fails for the next 3 years. Malone saved us and got us the opportunity to get Karl. I love you Malone.

G

GQ_Gabriel

We got Karl!!!!

Now let's go after Coby Karl ala Dox Rivers-Austin Rivers!

Let him start at the 2 spot. B-Mac Off the bench. Take buyers for Nik Stauskas for some front court help! All is gravy.

Definitely read the link in Woj's tweet.

Karl's deal will include a team option on the final year of the contract in the 2017-18 season, sources said. There are still details in the contract that need to be ironed out before it can be finalized, league sources said.
After owner Vivek Ranadive insisted on the firing of Michael Malone – against the wishes of his front office, sources said – the Kings struggled under Corbin and turned toward Karl in the past few days.

The agents for DeMarcus Cousins – Dan Fegan and Jarinn Akana – have no issues with Karl taking over as head coach and only wanted clarification on the franchise's repeated changing of direction in its coaching search plans this season, sources said. The Kings had initially planned to let Corbin coach the rest of the season, and then conduct a full search of candidates in April.
Along with Cousins himself, Fegan and Akana were proponents of Malone and had been against ownership's decision to destabilize the team and fire the coach early in the season.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources: Sacramento, George Karl progressing on four-year deal worth between $4M-$5M annually to become coach. yhoo.it/1Frgl4i

Finally some real numbers. Cheaper than i thought actually.
Some interesting info in here. Specifically that Vivek insisted on the coaching change despite resistance from the FO. The obviously flies in the face of what they said originally. So either the PR plan they had backfired or people in the FO decided to be "sources" in selling Vivek out.

Either way, just a massively unneeded clusterf.

"After owner Vivek Ranadive insisted on the firing of Michael Malone – against the wishes of his front office, sources said – the Kings struggled under Corbin and turned toward Karl in the past few days."

That's interesting. Haven't heard this relative bombshell before. Means Vivek hired Malone and then fired Malone - not PDA. Does this change way many of us have viewed PDA - if true, I'd say definitely yes. The saga continues.

Even when a contract is announced to bring in a coach the fans want, news still comes out making Vivek look bad. The hits keep coming lol.
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if some minority owners are spreading the news. Even though we have a large team of owners, Vivek's still making the calls. I can imagine a few of those owners wanted Malone and weren't happy about what has happened to their investment.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
After owner Vivek Ranadive insisted on the firing of Michael Malone – against the wishes of his front office, sources said – the Kings struggled under Corbin and turned toward Karl in the past few days.

That right there tells me whoever is the mole leaking to Woj represents the split in this FO as well as an opposing faction. Whoever was Voison's source stated PDA and Mullin flew to Vegas and campaigned for the firing of Malone. Now we're supposed to believe the FO was against it? No, there's at least two sides working against one another and leaking to the media. Vivek needs to grab a hold of his balls and get a hold on upper management. It's chaotic. We need some leadership, Vivek.

We appear to have one side leaking to Woj and Amick, the other leaking to Voison and Bruski. Where Dave falls I don't know.

As I said, hiring Karl helps in some areas but we've still got a war going on in our FO which will ultimately play itself out over the next however many months. Hopefully months, not years.

Some interesting info in here. Specifically that Vivek insisted on the coaching change despite resistance from the FO. The obviously flies in the face of what they said originally. So either the PR plan they had backfired or people in the FO decided to be "sources" in selling Vivek out.

There probably tired of his crap too. He's probably in meetings like " yo shut the **** up I lead my daughters team to a championship you listen to me"

Glenn

Hall of Famer

Oh, dear, if this is true.

Don't know where rainmaker's note is but people who are wildly successful can think that they will be wildly successful elsewhere. The huge problem is that Vivek was schooled in one field and became successful. He was not schooled in basketball.

He's arrogant and hopefully we will come out of this OK. Depends on if he learned anything.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's interesting. Haven't heard this relative bombshell before. Means Vivek hired Malone and then fired Malone - not PDA. Does this change way many of us have viewed PDA - if true, I'd say definitely yes. The saga continues.
Yes and no.

Obviously D'Alessandro signed off one the move and was okay taking the heat for it. If he was that adamant about it he could have refused or told Ranadive he'd have to make the announcement himself. Considering Petrie resigned in Portland rather than fire Adelman it's not that far fetched. Either his objections weren't all that strong or he's okay with being a yes man.

But it does make a lot more sense considering that D'Alessandro's arguments for firing Malone were laughable and why I had to figure there was some definite behind the scenes issues that weren't going to be brought to light. Makes a lot more sense that you had a very impatient owner who thought he had a better roster than he did and didn't understand what kind of a job Malone was really doing.

We are screwed until Viveks sits his narrow ass down and let's the real basketball people do there job and that doesn't include Mullin. We will end up like the Knicks. Last year knicks/raptors had a deal in place for Kyle ****ing lowery and knicks giving up scraps. Lowery can basically buy his plane ticket until Dolan comes in and vetos the trade and the rest is history. That's our future if this continues.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Ugh......

Vivek....Go away.

You can still be the owner but just....Go away.

What a ******* egoist, arrogant, clueless dipshoot *** ****** ***** **** $#^&*^$*#^@^*#@^&@*#&^$#*^$#&^#$*())@(# ! of an owner.

Go away Vivek...You suck. You are really, really, really horrible.

(in case y'all didn't notice....I really hate Vivek)

Status
Not open for further replies.