Kings Inquire About Sessions

My ISP is blocking the link, what does it say?

As far as Sessions goes, I say please! Maybe a sign and trade?

There have also been rumblings the Sacramento Kings have recently inquired about Sessions. However, the extent of the Kings' interest isn't known.
Thats all it says about the kings. I wanted Sessions, but I just dont know where he can fit on this team anymore.

Wow.

I would be most happy if we can get Sessions for this season. Maybe letting go of the non-defending, super scorer Martin will suffice in exchange for Session? Hawes, Thompson, Casspi, Evans, and Sessions will be a very good core for the future Kings. That would be a solid starting line-up in a few years, especially because all could very well defend.

Last edited:
Wow.

I would be most happy if we can get Sessions for this season. Maybe letting go of the non-defending, super scorer Martin will suffice in exchange for Session? Hawes, Thompson, Casspi, Evans, and Sessions will be a very good core for the future Kings. That would be a solid starting line-up in a few years, since all could very well defend.
sessions is looking for a 5 year deal for mid level money. how do you propose getting him to be here for 1 year when we have 2 backup pt guards, and a starting rookie pt guard already? He would have more spotlight, and more opportunity at the Knicks for 1 year than us. If sessions comes here, its at full max midlevel only.

Doesnt make sense for the kings anymore unless we give up both beno and sergio. and when i say give up beno, i mean do whatever is in our means to unload the contract.

sessions is looking for a 5 year deal for mid level money. how do you propose getting him to be here for 1 year when we have 2 backup pt guards, and a starting rookie pt guard already? He would have more spotlight, and more opportunity at the Knicks for 1 year than us. If sessions comes here, its at full max midlevel only.

Doesnt make sense for the kings anymore unless we give up both beno and sergio. and when i say give up beno, i mean do whatever is in our means to unload the contract.
I'm thinking maybe the Kings would be looking for a sign and trade or maybe they get a third team involved. But all the article says is the Kings have inquired. Probably just to see what it would take. They might've asked and said, "No thanks."

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Having followed Sessions from UNR till now, I'm one of his biggest fans. I started beating his drum a couple of months ago. Its just that now the whole scene is somewhat confusing. If that quote is true, then the Kings must have something else up their sleve.

I love Sessions game. He's a true point guard and he can play defense. Add into the mix that he's very young, and I can't find anything wrong with the picture, other than we already have three points guards on the team.

Hey, for all we know, the inquirys could have been made prior to the draft. Only the shadow knows....:confused:

Very good point my friend. And I am so sorry I don't have any answer.

I know someone who can more or less disect this situation and maybe he can disect the possibilities and do some magic in order that we can get Sessions and unload some unwanted players.

Calling NoBonus please!:)

Last edited:
theres gonna be alot of disgruntled players LOL

t

only way we can swing a deal for sessions if it involves martin..and im sure that would draw the ire of some people here

and if we do acquire sessons with a long term deal, that would utterly shatter gavins idea of a seven foot wingspan point guard, we do swing him at the SG, he can slash, yes but most of our offense requires him to shoot if he is to be moved at SG yes?

resigned sessions, gadzuric and amir johnson
for

martin
udrih
2nd rounder

trade garcia and noc for prince and cash

lineup

sessions/rodriguez
evans/johnson
prince/casspi/greene
thompson/brockman/may
hawes/gadzuric

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Basically the entire article dealt with the Clippers trying to work out a sign-and-trade for Sessions, and the possibility of them extending an offer sheet if they couldn't work one out. We were just an afterthought at the end of the article. We shouldn't get too worked up over it.

"Rumblings"? "Extent of the Kings' interest isn't known"? There's really very little to see here, folks.

The Article Did Talk Mostly About The Clips, But I Would Try To Get Him If We Can. Trade Martin and Say Beno or Noc (or All Three Together) For Picks Young Talent And Future Cap Space .... Martin's Game Is Flawed And Eventually He'll Be Just Like Redd, Nothing More Than A Scorer... I Rather A Decent Defender And Marginal Offense Than A 24/25 ppg SG That Does Nothing Else Or Make His Teammates Better.... Not Saying That Kevin's Trash or Anything

Let the Kevin hate and blame begin...again. Mabye we should try giving him some players to play with before trashing on him for not making us a playoff team singlehandedly. Thats an idea.

Nope...I'll take a pass, if the Kings brass drafted Evans to play PG, then he will. I don't see us trading our 24pt scorer in Martin unless given a damn good offer.

Some of you people are NUTS! Martin????? Give me a break. Sessions is a nice young prospect that we could potentially land on the cheap(MLE - subMLE), but PLEASE, you'd don't trade away the MOST efficient scoring guard in the league for this guy. That's AWFUL.

What the Bucks are looking for is CAP RELIEF. That, we have.

In a sign and trade I can see something like this:

Kings deal: Beno Udih
Bucks deal Bell or Gadz or Ridnour with a signed Session at roughly 5 years 25 million-30 million.

Bucks save some dough over the next season or more, and get a Sessions replacement in Beno who's a savvy vet an ideal back-up PG to a rookie salaried starter(to play behind Jennings - who they're now committed to).

Kings add a PG weapon to complete their main 3 man back-court of Sessions/Evans/Martin(I also think Martin can see 5-10 minutes a game at the 3 spot) to form a solid young backcourt and gain a guiding hand at the 1 in Sessions. The cost is likely taking on Gadz(who could be 6 fouls behind Hawes and fill that need).

Gadz/Session for Beno. I think it makes sense for both sides.

I won't pass on him. He's a true point guard.
I want to see what Tyreke can do at the 1 before I give up on that notion...if Petrie thinks he'd be a good PG and would create mismatches, then I want to see, if he's not producing in a good way after about 10-20 games, then we'll see. I wouldnt normally be in favor of the 'SG-PG' experiment, but he's 6-5 and athletic, and would create mismatches against alot of opposing PG's if so.

I'm Not Saying Kevin Needs To Be Traded. All I'm Saying If The Kings Can Get Sessions, Kevin Should Be The Expendable Player Because Of His High Value, And His Flawed Offensive Mindset (Doesnt Care About Defense) He Has. He Can and Only If He Can Net Us A More Promising Future Should Be Traded.
Attach A Bad Contract or Two With The Trade And In Essence You Can Speed Up The Rebuilding Phase... Addressing Cap Space, And Getting a Superstar/Promising Player(s) That Can Effect The Game With More Than Just Scoring.
In The NBA Both Teams Score, Rebound, Get Assists, And Play Defense.
So The Game Shouldnt Be Looked Just For Scoring

Lets Say You Can Get Sessions
And Somehow With A Martin+Pick+Fillers Trade Get Lets Say And This Is Just An Example D.Granger From The Pacers (Someone That Can Rebound, Score, and Defend) You Guys Wouldn't Pull The Trigger On That Trade?

Last edited:
I want to see what Tyreke can do at the 1 before I give up on that notion...if Petrie thinks he'd be a good PG and would create mismatches, then I want to see, if he's not producing in a good way after about 10-20 games, then we'll see. I wouldnt normally be in favor of the 'SG-PG' experiment, but he's 6-5 and athletic, and would create mismatches against alot of opposing PG's if so.
That Doesnt Mean We Can Stock Pile On Good Prospects. 10-20 Games??? Why??? By That Tyme We Wouldnt Be Able To Add Such A Player Until NEXT YEAR

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Some of you people are NUTS! Martin????? Give me a break. Sessions is a nice young prospect that we could potentially land on the cheap(MLE - subMLE), but PLEASE, you'd don't trade away the MOST efficient scoring guard in the league for this guy. That's AWFUL.

What the Bucks are looking for is CAP RELIEF. That, we have.

In a sign and trade I can see something like this:

Kings deal: Beno Udih
Bucks deal Bell or Gadz or Ridnour with a signed Session at roughly 5 years 25 million-30 million.

Bucks save some dough over the next season or more, and get a Sessions replacement in Beno who's a savvy vet an ideal back-up PG to a rookie salaried starter(to play behind Jennings - who they're now committed to).

Kings add a PG weapon to complete their main 3 man back-court of Sessions/Evans/Martin(I also think Martin can see 5-10 minutes a game at the 3 spot) to form a solid young backcourt and gain a guiding hand at the 1 in Sessions. The cost is likely taking on Gadz(who could be 6 fouls behind Hawes and fill that need).

Gadz/Session for Beno. I think it makes sense for both sides.
This idea I can buy into. I'm not sure where that would leave Rodriguez, other than being an insurance policy against injury. It sure would be nice to have Sessions coming off the bench and Evans moving to the two spot when Martin takes a blow. It would make for a good defensive backcourt.

Scenario #1:

How about this: (NOTE: My estimation of Sessions salary is going to be roughly the same as Beno or Ridnour at the MLE).

Sac trades:
Nocioni and Kenny Thomas

Mil Trades:
Session (S&T), Gadzuric, and Joe Alexander

That Doesnt Mean We Can Stock Pile On Good Prospects. 10-20 Games??? Why??? By That Tyme We Wouldnt Be Able To Add Such A Player Until NEXT YEAR
You have to give him a decent window in which to show that he is/isnt worthy of playing a certain position...10-20 games is about right. If we so choose to trade for a true PG before the trading deadline in Feb, then that leaves us with some time to do so. Tyreke might end up being another tweener to add to our list of tweeners, but he does bring alot more to the table than past experiments at his position...Douby was too small, same with Travis Mays back in the day, and neither were the greatest of passers...both were pure SG's, Tyreke is a bit different. If it doesnt work out, I'm sure Petrie will plan accordingly.

Scenario #3 (The I think I'm gonna puke scenario)

Kevin Martin

for

Sessions, Ilyasova, and Elson

I do not think the Bucks would really want another SG... plus, having a back court of Martin, Evans, and Sessions would be nuts!

plus, having a back court of Martin, Evans, and Sessions would be nuts!
...and Beno, and Rodriguez...

Kinda crowded bunch of players and not that many minutes to go around...Martin plays 35 a game, I'm sure Evans will play about the same if not more at PG, Beno wont want to ride the bench and neither will Sessions in the name of watching Martin and Evans start every night, no matter how much of a sparkplug they'd be off the bench, especially Sessions...he's a sure starter.

It wasn't too long ago that the Bucks were just gonna Sessions walk... I'm not too sure what happened with him signing with the Knicks but apparently they were offering about $4-4.5 mil/year. I don't know what the Clips are offering in a sign and trade but I've read that the Bucks are only about $1-2 million shy of luxury tax territory. So any sign and trade with Sessions making close to MLE money would push them well over that line.

I could be way off on this, I don't really know how the trade exception deals work, but could we send maybe Rodriguez plus our trade exception (around 3 mil, right) for Sessions? That would allow Sessions to sign for roughly what New York was offering and Milwaukee still ends up getting at least a little something back while staying under the luxury tax line. I know this would push Beno down next to Kenny Thomas on the bench but I think if you can pull this off and get Sessions you gotta do it. There's gotta be someone we can talk into taking Beno, right?

...and Beno, and Rodriguez...

Kinda crowded bunch of players and not that many minutes to go around...Martin plays 35 a game, I'm sure Evans will play about the same if not more at PG, Beno wont want to ride the bench and neither will Sessions in the name of watching Martin and Evans start every night, no matter how much of a sparkplug they'd be off the bench, especially Sessions...he's a sure starter.
Bring Evans or Martin off the bench... Either way, those three guys in the backcourt would be tremendous. Beno would need to be traded, but that is palatable. I wonder if the Kings could trade him to Milwaukee... let see...