Kings Inquire About Sessions

I would ONLY trade k-mart for Sessions under these conditions, a sign and trade that included some kind of protected pick 1st round from The Bucks that guaranteed a lottery pick from them kind like a reverse protected pick.

Um, Martin is a 6-7 lock 20ppg scorer who shoots 3pts at a 40% clip. trade him for whom? Martin is serving his contract until we find a better 6-7 SG. Evans/Martin backcourt has to be given a chance...at least 40ppg from the 1 and 2 spot. thompson is good for 15 and so is hawes. thats already 70points and we haven't even plugged in the SF spot and the Westphal offense. IT is highly likely the kings average well over 100ppg. If we loose Martin today, it would jeopardize much of the kings potency. I think Sessions is a worthy player, but Martin is the deserving player. Sessions might be the next jason kidd, or he might be the next NBA player who plays for a contract and quits. Its a risky play to acquire him. With Martin, we know who we have and what he will bring on a daily basis. The kings don't want to roll the dice, they want consistency they can calculate and evaluate. Sessions is too much of a wild card at this point in his career.

Man i think Kevin got game just like anyone else but if we can land Sessions and a 1st rounder and MAYBE even shed a bad contract then sign me up.

TWO WORDS...

LAST PLACE

A

AriesMar27

there would be no need to trade kevin for sessions if he is willing to sign for mle type of money. the question is if the bucks will match it. since we arent using what little capspace we have to sign anyone else i would so be down with calling the bucks bluff. we would lose nothing in the process.....

whats the worse that would happen? the bucks match the offer and we keep our 5.5 million that we werent going to spend anyways....

Um, Martin is a 6-7 lock 20ppg scorer who shoots 3pts at a 40% clip. trade him for whom? Martin is serving his contract until we find a better 6-7 SG. Evans/Martin backcourt has to be given a chance...at least 40ppg from the 1 and 2 spot. thompson is good for 15 and so is hawes. thats already 70points and we haven't even plugged in the SF spot and the Westphal offense. IT is highly likely the kings average well over 100ppg. If we loose Martin today, it would jeopardize much of the kings potency. I think Sessions is a worthy player, but Martin is the deserving player. Sessions might be the next jason kidd, or he might be the next NBA player who plays for a contract and quits. Its a risky play to acquire him. With Martin, we know who we have and what he will bring on a daily basis. The kings don't want to roll the dice, they want consistency they can calculate and evaluate. Sessions is too much of a wild card at this point in his career.
Precisely. Im still flabberghasted that anyone would consider Martin for Sessions with Sessions being the meat of the deal that we would receive
:eek:

Precisely. Im still flabberghasted that anyone would consider Martin for Sessions with Sessions being the meat of the deal that we would receive

I hate the idea of trading Martin too, but......

What if we were able to get Chris Bosh straight up for Martin and KT's expiring, and then sign Sessions at about 7mil per year for 5 years?

If for some reason it didn't work out then Bosh would leave after either this year or next and we would have a ton of cap space. Also it gives JT another year to develop where he won't have to worry about getting into foul trouble like he was in most of the time he started. It's basically a win-win situation.. Below is a rough draft at the minutes I would like to see.

PG-Sessions (35) / Evans (13)
SG-Garcia (25) / Evans (23)
SF-Nocioni (25) / Omri (15) / Garcia (8)
PF-Bosh (30) / Thompson (13) / Nocioni (5)
C-Hawes (35) / Bosh (10) / Thompson (3)

That's kind of a estimate on the main players I want to see on the floor, but you get the idea. I know I am leaving off a lot of people but frankly those are the guys I want to see get the minutes this year. It's your basic 8 man rotation with guys swinging to other positions as needed.

Dont forget the Bucks have Redd at the two already i think they would be more intersted in Garcia or Nocioni considering they just lost their star 3 forward.

But i agree i dont want to trade K-mart for Ramon Sessions however if it was to go down my previous post is what i would like to get out of it. I would love to see the Maloofs just sign the kid and work some kind of deal for Sergio and nocioni later this summer.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

You guys are beating a strawman, at best.

Nobody responsible is suggesting you "trade" Kevin for Sessions.

On the other hand a number of people who are responsible are intrigued by getting Sessions and then trading Kevin for something of significance. Sessions + Kevin's trade value > Kevin? That's not an unreasonable surmise.

As for sign and trade...that makes no real sense for us. Not even sure why it gets raised. You almost never trade away the better player in a sign and trade. Normally you send back peanuts.

Last edited:
PG-Sessions (35) / Evans (13)
SG-Garcia (25) / Evans (23)
SF-Nocioni (25) / Omri (15) / Garcia (8)
PF-Bosh (30) / Thompson (13) / Nocioni (5)
C-Hawes (35) / Bosh (10) / Thompson (3)
If we do get this kind of line-up, I wouldn't give Westphal any excuse for not getting less than a playoff spot.

If we do get this kind of line-up, I wouldn't give Westphal any excuse for not getting less than a playoff spot.
are you serious?

how are we better than last's years Raptors?

Caldrone > Sessons
Parker < Garcia
Marion > Nocioni
Bosh = Bosh
Barigini > Hawes

our bench is more deep with Tyreke and JT but were playing in the west....

maybe if Tyreke was in his 2nd and 3rd year you could make that case..

if you guys REALLY want sessions.... im sure we can get him for a package like this

Donte Greene + Kenny Thomas + a second for Dan Gadzuric + Sessions(4.5 mill start)

bucks trying to save $$, don't have to pay Gadz next year.. Donte's a guy that can try out with a upside w/o much commitment.

are you serious?

how are we better than last's years Raptors?

Caldrone > Sessons
Parker < Garcia
Marion > Nocioni
Bosh = Bosh
Barigini > Hawes

our bench is more deep with Tyreke and JT but were playing in the west....

maybe if Tyreke was in his 2nd and 3rd year you could make that case..
Yes, I am serious.

And you got it right that we have a deeper roster, but you got it wrong if you plan to use Garcia as your starter, rather than the #4 over-all pick and projected "go-to-guy" for this team - Evans. Maybe at the first 5-10 games, I would not want to start Evans just to give him the feel of NBA games, but there is no point of delaying in using him as a starter for far too long if you want to reach the playoffs. The faster he gets exposed to his new role, the faster he would be able to adjust. The faster he could adjust, the more wins we'll get, since there would be more games left to play and win with him as the starter/go-to-guy. We need the firepower of a penetrator/slasher ( which we sorely lack last season ), especially at the start and near the end of the game. Of course, as I insinuated Westphal's skill as a coach will be the ultimate factor of how good this team will be.

Also, I don't think Calderon is better than Sessions.

Last edited:
Yes, I am serious.

And you got it right that we have a deeper roster, but you got it wrong if you plan to use Garcia as your starter, rather than the #4 over-all pick and projected "go-to-guy" for this team - Evans. Maybe at the first 5-10 games, I would not want to start Evans just to give him the feel of NBA games, but there is no point of delaying in using him as a starter for far too long if you want to reach the playoffs. The faster he gets exposed to his new role, the faster he would be able to adjust. The faster he could adjust, the more wins we'll get, since there would be more games left to play and win with him as the starter/go-to-guy. We need the firepower of a penetrator/slasher ( which we sorely lack last season ), especially at the start and near the end of the game. Of course, as I insinuated Westphal's skill as a coach will be the ultimate factor of how good this team will be.

Also, I don't think Calderon is better than Sessions.
you realize how much easier it is for Bosh in the eastern conference than the West right?

lets see

PF's on top West Teams

Pau Gasol
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Amare Stoudemire
Carlos Boozer
David West
Luis Scola
Kenyon Martin

PF's on top East Teams

Kevin Garnett
Andy Varajaeo
Rashard Lewis
Josh Smith
Antawn jamison
Udonis haslem
Tyrus Thomas
Charlie Villanueva

In that case, offer him a three year salary starting at 5 mil a year. At the very least we make them work for him. Look, were just having fun here. The possiblites of this actually happening are remote. At least its more interesting than, Lets trade Martin for three expiring scrubs and a used car.

Interesting though. all the talk about Sessions on the web has suddenly become silent. Hmmmm..

Sure, I don't mind if we throw reasonable money at Session. Let's rile things up a bit!

There may be a domino effect here, and with the Kings under the cap can be the beneficiary of another team trying to dump a young player. Yeah, silence probably means something is cooking. I did wonder why Miami didn't make a pitch for Session, or maybe they did and we don't about it. Or maybe they're waiting for the Clippers to sign Session and make a pitch for Baron Davis. It appears the Clippers can offer the most money if they find a way to dump Marty Collins. Or maybe a sign n trade is in works. This is going to be interesting.

A

AriesMar27

the bucks just traded for ukic and delfino, they might not have the money to match a mle level contract. sessions is pretty attainable right now at a reasonable price. it kinda sucks that he'll end up with the knicks. i dont see what the clippers would do with sessions and baron davis though.... maybe they'll trade davis if they get sessions.

damn the world and our having beno on the team. damn you petrie and you poor judge in free agent talent and low tier pgs. damn you douby for not being a pg and forcing petrie to re-sign beno to a long term contract.....

bajaden

Hall of Famer
the bucks just traded for ukic and delfino, they might not have the money to match a mle level contract. sessions is pretty attainable right now at a reasonable price. it kinda sucks that he'll end up with the knicks. i dont see what the clippers would do with sessions and baron davis though.... maybe they'll trade davis if they get sessions.

damn the world and our having beno on the team. damn you petrie and you poor judge in free agent talent and low tier pgs. damn you douby for not being a pg and forcing petrie to re-sign beno to a long term contract.....
I have the name of a good therapist for you. Or, just drink more and leave the damming part to God..:)

I get the feeling that if Sessions was all that, the Bucks would be keeping him. I know he lit up the score board a couple times last season but explain why the Bucks have no interest???

No way on earth is he worth giving up KMart!!!

KB

I get the feeling that if Sessions was all that, the Bucks would be keeping him. I know he lit up the score board a couple times last season but explain why the Bucks have no interest???
They have been paying out a decent chunk of cash for mediocrity, though this past season injuries were obviously part of the issue. I think they want to at least stay competitive, but don't want to risk the luxury tax being a small market team with the cap projected to possibly go down.

So in the end I don't think they want to lose Sessions, they just are wary of matching anything other than a bargain deal with their cap situation. Besides dumping Jefferson they have sort of been making a lot of little lateral moves. They drafted Jennings to be the PG of the future, and now got Ukic who is a young backup PG.

Anyway, there would be no need for a trade, we could outright sign him by giving him a deal that the Bucks couldn't match. I don't think it would be the right move though after all that has transpired. We just drafted Evans to give him every opportunity to develop into a PG, we still have Udrih around (unfortunately), and we just acquired a young backup PG to give a shot in Rodriguez.

Even if you take all of that away and talk just about a trade scenario though, I don't think K-Mart for Sessions is a fair deal...not without some significant sweetening that the Bucks are probably not very capable of. The thing about Sessions is that while he had a very good year, he doesn't have the track record that K-Mart has. The youngish guy with a longer track record of improvement and production is always more valuable than the young guy with just one very good year.

The short version: I really like Sessions as a player and his potential, just don't think he is a good fit for our situation at this time. The trade isn't a good value, and signing him outright probably isn't a good idea either.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
They have been paying out a decent chunk of cash for mediocrity, though this past season injuries were obviously part of the issue. I think they want to at least stay competitive, but don't want to risk the luxury tax being a small market team with the cap projected to possibly go down.

So in the end I don't think they want to lose Sessions, they just are wary of matching anything other than a bargain deal with their cap situation. Besides dumping Jefferson they have sort of been making a lot of little lateral moves. They drafted Jennings to be the PG of the future, and now got Ukic who is a young backup PG.

Anyway, there would be no need for a trade, we could outright sign him by giving him a deal that the Bucks couldn't match. I don't think it would be the right move though after all that has transpired. We just drafted Evans to give him every opportunity to develop into a PG, we still have Udrih around (unfortunately), and we just acquired a young backup PG to give a shot in Rodriguez.

Even if you take all of that away and talk just about a trade scenario though, I don't think K-Mart for Sessions is a fair deal...not without some significant sweetening that the Bucks are probably not very capable of. The thing about Sessions is that while he had a very good year, he doesn't have the track record that K-Mart has. The youngish guy with a longer track record of improvement and production is always more valuable than the young guy with just one very good year.

The short version: I really like Sessions as a player and his potential, just don't think he is a good fit for our situation at this time. The trade isn't a good value, and signing him outright probably isn't a good idea either.
For the most part I do agree with your logic. For me, it would depend on how much we would have to sign him for. If you have a chance to get a good young player that you think is capable of starting in this league right now, with the potential to get even better, then you do it and figure out the rest later.

The problem that arises is that Sessions probably wants to start for which ever team he signs with. That said, I'm not sure that the Kings are in a situation where they could promise that. You can't tell me that with the shortage of good point guards in free agency, that he hasn't been contacted by more than just the Knicks and the Clippers. I suspect that he's being selective.

In one sense, the Kings would be a perfect fit for him. He's young, and the Kings are a young team. They could all grow together. I would love to have him, but without knowing the long range plans of the FO, its hard to speculate if they would even be interested at this point. Makes for good summertime fodder though. :)