[Game] Kings @ Hornets - 11/23/15 - 4 pm PST, 7 pm EST

What a loss!
This one's on you George!

Stop putting Collison with Rondo, he hesitates too much and his release is slow.
Stop putting Rudy at PF.
Stop playing with your lineup we badly need wins to keep your start player's emotion in a stable condition.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really deflating loss.

I know Karl really believes in having lots of ball handlers/playmakers on the floor but Rondo/Collison/Belinelli isn't producing on offense and it's a poor defensive trio.

Rondo played 46 minutes tonight. He's looked fantastic but still no reason to wear him down.

Just got home and caught the last few minutes.

Kaminksi's first 3 of overtime shouldn't have counted. Illegal screen like a MF'er. They never seem to miss that **** against us.

Wait we blew a 17 point lead in the fourth against the Hornets? What a joke.

Kings just don't know how to win yet. George Karl's lineups didn't help, sure, but the King's tendency to resort to iso hero ball when the other team starts to get momentum or go on a run hurts them a lot..

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Walker had a great game, but it all began with the ridiculous matchup of Collison on a 7 footer. They chipped into it, and then Walker put the icing on the cake. We were small 2-4, they weren't. We lost the game because of it.
I am answering the wrong comment but I absolutely despise having Rondo and Collison on the court at the same time. It's not necessary for any reason that I can see. But, just as I think it is wrong to tell a player to play against his strength, what would anyone expect with Karl? It should be expected and that's not my fault, your fault, or Karl's fault. It's the front office's fault.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got home and caught the last few minutes.

Kaminksi's first 3 of overtime shouldn't have counted. Illegal screen like a MF'er. They never seem to miss that **** against us.

Wait we blew a 17 point lead in the fourth against the Hornets? What a joke.
I saw that. It was pretty blatant.

Play by play is quite an interesting read from this point on in the 3rd quarter:

"Casspi Substitution replaced by Collison 02:47"

The Kings were up 89 to 69 at that exact point. The Kings would give up 5 points in the next 2:30 or so after only giving up 8 points up to that point. From that substitution and playing small with Rondo and Collison the Kings gave up 43 points in the next 14 minutes of game time.

Last edited:
PATHETIC. Never been so mad at one of my team's. I was in and out of the car so may have missed it but if WCS isn't hurt, I'm gonna blankety blank someone in the blanking blank.

The momentum for the Hornets started when Karl went to that 3 guard lineup....cut it to 10 right away. Continued into the 4th Q and he never went back to a big lineup.....it's on George Karl.
Bingo. That's the basis of the complaints regarding it. It once again gave the momentum to the other team and it started with our inability to defend and get boards, compounded by the ultra-perimeter play a Rondo/DC lineup brings as we go small 1-4.

And that's why some were so angry it even came down to a final shot, then OT. Never should have gotten to that point.

I guess some don't see Rondo/DC hurting us almost every time it happens?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Eh, criticism of a player or coach has now been given a new definition, that being "hating".

I don't agree with the complaints of Rudy FWIW, but it's not hating.
There are two problems with this point of view: the first is that some people appear to act like they think that, as long as they're not using slurs, it's not "hate." Which is axiomatically wrong.

The second problem is that Gay did not, in fact, have a bad night. It's just that, some people have their chosen targets and, in a bad loss, all those people can see are what their chosen target didn't do. Gay had 28/10, on 62 percent shooting, and it seems like he's getting a disproportionate amount of blame for the loss.

Damn, when will we ever learn how to close out games? feels like we have no character whatsoever, no big team can or should lose by 22 points deficit, really a big embarrassment.

Kemba Walker was a beast, and as much as I loved Rondo's effort tonight, it seemed like he wasn't giving his heart out when it came to playing good defense, and the Kings were burned because of it, and because of many other stuff obviously.

Those kind of loses are morale killers, I hope the Kings will come to their senses and move on and be prepared to the next game.

Karl has to stop it with these small-ball line-ups. I know that Rondo and Collison are both good players, but we need size, length, and muscle. Give Rondo less minutes, he's playing to exhaustion. We can't be small on both the guard side (two PGs) and small on the forward side (Rudy Gay at PF) at the same time.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bingo. That's the basis of the complaints regarding it. It once again gave the momentum to the other team and it started with our inability to defend and get boards, compounded by the ultra-perimeter play a Rondo/DC lineup brings as we go small 1-4.

And that's why some were so angry it even came down to a final shot, then OT. Never should have gotten to that point.

I guess some don't see Rondo/DC hurting us almost every time it happens?
Now this, I agree with. And, not only that, but it seems like, even though stats appear to suggest that Gay plays some 73 percent of his minutes at SF, it certainly seems like our opponents' runs often coincide with the 27 percent of the time that he isn't.