[Game] Kings @ Chicago Bulls, 2/3/2024, 5:00p PT/8:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more I think there are some huge issues with relying too much on advanced stats. There's a lot of areas where there's correlation without causation. I don't think you can use them to replace watching tape and in many cases they point to the wrong conclusions.

Defense requires teamwork. The play at the end of the 1st quarter was a perfect example. Mitchell chased Jevon Carter off the three point line into the hell defender with a hard close out and Lyles didn't step up to force a contested mid-range pull up jumper with the clock winding down and no angle at the backboard. Carter ended up with a layup because Lyles didn't do his job. We're only as good defensively as our weakest link

/End Rant (sorry)
Yeah, I hear you. Mitchell always gives great effort and we need more of that from the rest of the guys. Others who do that are Keon Ellis and Kessler Edwards

Just so everyone knows - the ridiculously sloppy stretches we have are actually not necessary. At all. They are so predictable too. This team, at this moment, is simply incapable to sustained disciplined play. Is it an attention span thing? Do they all have tik tok brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.