[Game] Kings @ Chicago Bulls, 2/3/2024, 5:00p PT/8:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You really really want to keep Mitchell. I think we can find a better fit, considering we've got Ellis to take over his spot with a more versatile game
Yeah, I do. I think he's an impact defender and we need more of those not less. My fear is we trade Mitchell for someone like Kuzma and we waste the rest of this decade wondering why we're a high scoring regular season team who sucks in the playoffs year after year.

Yeah, I do. I think he's an impact defender and we need more of those not less. My fear is we trade Mitchell for someone like Kuzma and we waste the rest of this decade wondering why we're a high scoring regular season team who sucks in the playoffs year after year.
The offense stalls too much with Mitchell on the floor and what he does on defense isn't enough to offset that. The advanced stats paint a pretty clear picture, which is why they announced him as available for trade

I'm with you on Kuzma, don't want him

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The offense stalls too much with Mitchell on the floor and what he does on defense isn't enough to offset that. The advanced stats paint a pretty clear picture, which is why they announced him as available for trade

I'm with you on Kuzma, don't want him
More and more I think there are some huge issues with relying too much on advanced stats. There's a lot of areas where there's correlation without causation. I don't think you can use them to replace watching tape and in many cases they point to the wrong conclusions.

Defense requires teamwork. The play at the end of the 1st quarter was a perfect example. Mitchell chased Jevon Carter off the three point line into the help defender with a hard close out and Lyles didn't step up to force a contested mid-range pull up jumper with the clock winding down and no angle at the backboard. Carter ended up with a layup because Lyles didn't do his job. We're only as good defensively as our weakest link

/End Rant (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.