[Game] Kings @ Celtics - Wednesday, Nov. 1 - 4:30 PT

The extensions for Joerger/Vlade look premature at this point

The team is bad, but the effort isn’t there as well..

I still don’t know if Joerger is a fit for a rebuilding team, in terms of playing/developing youth

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Wow! that got ugly. I mean fixing this mess will be like patching tires in a cactus garden, but ya gotta start with simple shooting drills.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Wide open shots....they are getting wide open shots

A few times they did, but they weren't in rhythm and on more than a few offensive sets they were standing around. Wide open shots will go down with rhythm. There is none. They moved away from most pick and roll sets where Fox is standing at the top of the key doing nothing.

dude12

Hall of Famer
A few times they did, but they weren't in rhythm and on more than a few offensive sets they were standing around. Wide open shots will go down with rhythm. There is none. They moved away from most pick and roll sets where Fox is standing at the top of the key doing nothing.
Your right, those wide open shots are a *****.

dude12

Hall of Famer

I still don’t know if Joerger is a fit for a rebuilding team, in terms of playing/developing youth
You are right....lets dump our GM and head coach because that will turn it around....after a dozen times, we will get it right.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Your right, those wide open shots are a *****.

How many were? The wheels fell off at the very start of the 3rd quarter. There was less movement towards the rim. That last play where Skal missed the easy hook shot is a good example of what the pick and roll does for the team as a whole. Kosta clears paint to set screen. Fox declines and runs to the rim, dishes out to Buddy, Buddy drives and dishes to Skal. It's as much about clearing space in the paint and forcing the defense to move and getting the Kings moving as well.

We only score comfortably/good in transition. We actually look like an NBA team in transition/half transition where we don't set up an offense. When we set up an offense we look like a timid G-league team.

That is a mix of inexperience and a poor offensive system in general. Idc what you say to defend Joerger, NBA level players, rookies or not, don't play THIS awful in a half court offense. Like they are stuck in mud and confused to hell and uncomfortable. Just run a more cohesive offense for these guys, they are talented, even if we don't win games we can at least compete better than this than "okay I don't trust any of my young guys to run a simple pick n roll, lets dish it to the post and back down for a hook shot and when that doesn't work kick it out to Hield to shoot a hero shot"

run a simple pick n roll dammit. Fox is made for this. Bogdan is smart. Vince/Hill are crafty enough. What a horrible offense.

Better than last night at least.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If we dump Vlade and Joerger, who knows who Vivek will hire! His daughter? Some tech guru? George Karl again!?

Our team is crazy young. Besides the vets, who are crazy old. Nobody has played together before. Anyone who thought we weren't going to be abysmal this season needed to check their optimism (sorry Sir Charles).

I'm ok with Lins. We are looking like a lock for a top 5 pick in a 6ish player draft.

It's NEXT season, when we're still a 20 something win team WITHOUT a draft pick, that's really going to suck!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Boom right there again. Skal sets a screen for Buddy, paints empty and he gets an easy lane to the rim. The previous two plays featured absolutely no two man play. Malachi hit the tough shot on the previous one but in this half there has been little quick hitting plays out of pick and roll until the last few minutes. If you watch Boston, almost every single play they run starts with middle pick and roll.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If we dump Vlade and Joerger, who knows who Vivek will hire! His daughter? Some tech guru? George Karl again!?

Our team is crazy young. Besides the vets, who are crazy old. Nobody has played together before. Anyone who thought we weren't going to be abysmal this season needed to check their optimism (sorry Sir Charles).

I'm ok with Lins. We are looking like a lock for a top 5 pick in a 6ish player draft.

It's NEXT season, when we're still a 20 something win team WITHOUT a draft pick, that's really going to suck!
And this team sure as hell isnt one magical offseason away from competing.

Sigh... at least I have a secondary team now.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

Just sayin' but Karls system fits this young team like a glove.

Vlade had an incredible draft

The coach is not very good right now, period.

If I were in Joerger's shoes - and knowing what I know now... I would not take infinity money to coach the Kings or any other team that is going to do a true rebuild. Because no matter what fans might say about "the process" or "tanking" or "true rebuild".... the fact seems to be that the spoons will be banging the high chairs as soon as the losses - by a very young and generally overmatched team - mount up.

Funny thing is that in March if we grind out wins as these young players finally get some NBA experience ... the same fans will be ballistic because they are getting Lins or whatever.

Wouldn't wish this job on any coach

dude12

Hall of Famer
How many were? The wheels fell off at the very start of the 3rd quarter. There was less movement towards the rim. That last play where Skal missed the easy hook shot is a good example of what the pick and roll does for the team as a whole. Kosta clears paint to set screen. Fox declines and runs to the rim, dishes out to Buddy, Buddy drives and dishes to Skal. It's as much about clearing space in the paint and forcing the defense to move and getting the Kings moving as well.
We are getting shots all game long. We don't make enough shots.

All of the too young/old too dumb etc excuses are fine and good but the lack of effort is concerning. The inconsistant minutes and shots for the young guys probably dont help much either. How do the Bulls/Pacers/Knicks/Nets look soo much better than us in terms of competing and actually playig close games?