[Game] Kings @ Celtics - Wednesday, Nov. 1 - 4:30 PT

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
We are getting shots all game long. We don't make enough shots.
Way over simplified. Getting shots? Yeah, players eventually shoot I guess. The problem is outside of what we saw in pick and roll tonight those shots don't involve many aspects of putting the defense on their heels. Pick and roll is a great way for a team to get into rhythm which is key right now. In the 3rd they went away from a lot of that. You saw players again looking side to side, and no, clearly those shots weren't good shots. Players missing open shots is going to happen, right now they need to consider the shots they are manufacturing with their offense. Joerger has the right idea wanting to put in a team oriented system of ball movement, but this team is almost completely ineffective playing the side to side ball they are attempting. Straight forward to the rim pnr isn't nearly as ugly. I say get that down first, then work from there.

If we dump Vlade and Joerger, who knows who Vivek will hire! His daughter? Some tech guru? George Karl again!?

Our team is crazy young. Besides the vets, who are crazy old. Nobody has played together before. Anyone who thought we weren't going to be abysmal this season needed to check their optimism (sorry Sir Charles).

I'm ok with Lins. We are looking like a lock for a top 5 pick in a 6ish player draft.

It's NEXT season, when we're still a 20 something win team WITHOUT a draft pick, that's really going to suck!
Vlade is fine, he put together some nice young talent and got the optimism for a good future up. It's the coach with his embarassing system/rotations that is sucking the life out of the team.

Why would ROOKIES be so out of life?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Joerger can't win with with 10 first and second and third year players......time to dump the guy.

Once again, winning <<< not looking like crap. Nobody is questioning the rebuild status of this team, but even rebuilding teams need breakout performances to build trade value at the very least.

He should be starting as is... I’m going to assume there is a legit reason he’s out..
Why should he be starting? He hasn't earned anything. And Randolph is the best & most reliable offensive player we have.

I mean we have a massive problem scoring as is.

I hope Fox or some of the other guys can be counted on to score every night, but Randolph can be penciled in to score 10-12 a game if he gets enough minutes. That's actually how bad we are.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Way over simplified. Getting shots? Yeah, players eventually shoot I guess. The problem is outside of what we saw in pick and roll tonight those shots don't involve many aspects of putting the defense on their heels. Pick and roll is a great way for a team to get into rhythm which is key right now. In the 3rd they went away from a lot of that. You saw players again looking side to side, and no, clearly those shots weren't good shots. Players missing open shots is going to happen, right now they need to consider the shots they are manufacturing with their offense. Joerger has the right idea wanting to put in a team oriented system of ball movement, but this team is almost completely ineffective playing the side to side ball they are attempting. Straight forward to the rim pnr isn't nearly as ugly. I say get that down first, then work from there.
Over analyzing......how about giving these guys more time to play together. And yeah, I get what your saying but we have had more than our share of open shots and we don't make them. We have contested shots and we also don't make enough of those.

If I were in Joerger's shoes - and knowing what I know now... I would not take infinity money to coach the Kings or any other team that is going to do a true rebuild. Because no matter what fans might say about "the process" or "tanking" or "true rebuild".... the fact seems to be that the spoons will be banging the high chairs as soon as the losses - by a very young and generally overmatched team - mount up.

Funny thing is that in March if we grind out wins as these young players finally get some NBA experience ... the same fans will be ballistic because they are getting Lins or whatever.

Wouldn't wish this job on any coach
If the Kings know what they are doing they picked up that last year knowing they might be eating it and if so, good for him, millions for nothing. It's common sense, if a coach has a dead set desired way of playing and he has a team that doesn't necessarily fit that vision then something has to give. You pick the coach, or the players. The Kings seem to continuously find themselves putting the icing on before baking the cake. There were spurts of the running, up tempo, attack oriented team in this game outside of the 3rd quarter meltdown. If anyone doesn't think this team is going to look ugly at times then they are delusional, but most of the time is not acceptable. The Kings actually do have too much talent on the roster for that.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Vlade is fine, he put together some nice young talent and got the optimism for a good future up. It's the coach with his embarassing system/rotations that is sucking the life out of the team.

Why would ROOKIES be so out of life?
Did Joerger steal your dog at one point? Rookies out of life? You keep making stuff up.

Boom right there again. Skal sets a screen for Buddy, paints empty and he gets an easy lane to the rim. The previous two plays featured absolutely no two man play. Malachi hit the tough shot on the previous one but in this half there has been little quick hitting plays out of pick and roll until the last few minutes. If you watch Boston, almost every single play they run starts with middle pick and roll.
I’m positive 90% of the leagues offenses start like that

you guys can't seriously be blaming Joerger right? I think his offense is ****ing terrible, but there is 0 reason to run the rookies down to the ground. They are horrible. Are you guys seriously suggesting Joerger plays Fox-Hield-Jackson-Skal-PapaG for more than 30mins?????? they wouldn't even be able to put up 60pts.

Please don't blame our horrible players on Joerger. This is not his fault. It's actually far from it.

Over analyzing......how about giving these guys more time to play together. And yeah, I get what your saying but we have had more than our share of open shots and we don't make them. We have contested shots and we also don't make enough of those.

That are inconsistently created. Rotation management can effect rhythm as well and from what I've seen it has. Players sitting for nearly an entire quarter then coming back with 2-3 minutes left is very unusual at the NBA level.

I’m positive 90% of the leagues offenses start like that

Every team runs pick and roll because of how simple it is. Certain teams rely on it more than others and teams use it for different purposes. It's another funny thing, or sad, the Kings used to run it non stop with Cuz, who really wasn't much of an effective pick and roll big man, the Kings now have the tools for it and don't run it nearly enough.

you guys can't seriously be blaming Joerger right? I think his offense is ****ing terrible, but there is 0 reason to run the rookies down to the ground. They are horrible. Are you guys seriously suggesting Joerger plays Fox-Hield-Jackson-Skal-PapaG for more than 30mins?????? they wouldn't even be able to put up 60pts.

Please don't blame our horrible players on Joerger. This is not his fault. It's actually far from it.
I see the lack of talent, but I think it’s now compounded by a lack of spirit and effort 8 games into the season. That’s how a team can’t even compete.

Yes, I’d rather see the youth play than scrub veterans, and that’s typically how rebuilding teams rotation

Open shots for players not abled to get into any rhythm. Rhythm is everything in the NBA. Running high post offense or watching Zbo, Skal, Koufos back their man down for hook shots every other play isn't going to help anyone else get in rhythm.

Sitting Fox for nearly the entire 3rd quarter is STUPID, no other way to slice it. Period. This is becoming a common occurrence and it’s no secret that it’s been our worst quarter every time. Until the coach shows he’s willing to continue making adjustments and run a basic freaking pick n roll, yes he should be getting a big bulk of the blame as well.

It’s about combinations, not just running out 5 young guys out there.

The post game crew are hitting the nail on the head. Saying the Kings are trying to run a college system at the NBA level and that's true. That overly side to side lateral ball movement is way indicative of the college game where you have more clock to burn through.
And that’s embarrassing. Sounds like coaching to me guys! The players are running the crap system they’ve been given

Joerger is limited. the team has very little talent. The team will easily be a 60 loss team.

In Memphis, Conley, Gasol, Allen, and Randolph in his prime.
Kings have potential in Bogdan, Skal and Fox. Maybe we luck out with Giles.

Other than that: Hield is bust, WCS is a Bust. I don't see JJ amounting to anything. Sprinkle in 2 guys just getting paid: Hill and Randolph. 2 Blue collar types in Temple and Koufas.