[Game] Kings at Timberwolves, 1/15/14 8PM EST/5PM PST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Purple-tinted glasses view: I'm rather happy with things so far. Kings are obviously awake, which is a plus after yesterday, and I do not think they're intimidated by the presence of Love, Rubio et al.

And hey...we're winning so far. :)

There is absolutely no reason IT should be playing so tight on Rubio. It's not like he's going to be able to hit those shots in space
Well, IT gave him space at first, and Ricky is still the leading scorer for Wolves. Ricky would actually be pretty high on the list of Kings' 3pt shooters. He just can't finish inside.

definitely much more awake than they were last night. i'd sure like to see JT stop being an option on offense. with the guys that are out there on the floor with him, there is no reason JT should get plays called for him

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You know, in a vacuum, we should never be running plays for Jason Thompson. But, the games aren't played in a vacuum. Not unlike what I said yesterday, when Cousins is matched up against a stronger center, he tends to be more effective when he's playing off the ball, i.e., for the offensive rebound, than when he's trying to post against a guy he can't back down. Let him find his comfort zone/wait on Pekovic to start to run out of gas, then let him go to work.

Does anyone tell Cousins to stop slapping down? He goes for the slap down every time and he will get called for a foul 8 times out of 10, get the deflection once and get a lucky no call the other time. You are long, just keep you arms up and the odds are the defender misses.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Does anyone tell Cousins to stop slapping down? He goes for the slap down every time and he will get called for a foul 8 times out of 10, get the deflection once and get a lucky no call the other time. You are long, just keep you arms up and the odds are the defender misses.
??? Cousins isn't even on the court, dude.