Kings and free agency - part 2

And I called Brewer earlier -- he worked well with Karl, and we are doubtless still looking for a perimeter defender with Belli signed.
Double-K@DoublekNBA 1m minute ago Las Vegas, NV
According to source close to Kingsfans.com forum, talks between Patrick Beverley and Bricklayer are progressing. They may be nearing a deal as to where to get lunch. Soft Taco Supreme at Taco Bell is a favorite right now.

Rockets going to have make a decision if they see Beverly as a core piece moving forward. With Montie and Jones getting new deals next season, would they really want to commit to their current core going forward? Because Beverly, Dwight, Jones, Montie is hell of a lot of money long-term

Vlade/Kings have impressed me with being tight-lipped about the details this Free Agency. Didn't hear anything about Mathews until hours after the meeting, signed Belinelli out of nowhere, trade was a compelte surprise, no details on Rondo's meetings besides some general terms ("good"), etc.

At this point Vlade is probably wondering if somebody stapled a turd to his back or something. During these meetings he's probably run through 15 containers of fabreeze.

Vlade/Kings have impressed me with being tight-lipped about the details this Free Agency. Didn't hear anything about Mathews until hours after the meeting, signed Belinelli out of nowhere, trade was a compelte surprise, no details on Rondo's meetings besides some general terms ("good"), etc.
Yes leaks are clearly coming from PDA and Fegan. Woj also has no source from inside our walls.

I think he/she was being sarcastic cause that's all people say when you suggest we sign a player that's edgey, I suggested Pat in a game thread during the year and that was the exact response I got.
Close enough. I (he) was also referencing a few tiffs the big man had woth the pest on court in the past. But yes I know DMC is a pro and will play on. About the only guy I can honestly think of that I suspect he would balk at is Dunlevy.

Vlade/Kings have impressed me with being tight-lipped about the details this Free Agency. Didn't hear anything about Mathews until hours after the meeting, signed Belinelli out of nowhere, trade was a complete surprise, no details on Rondo's meetings besides some general terms ("good"), etc.
This makes me think that the Beverley rumor may have been intentionally released to push Rondo into a decision one way or another. We heard nothing about the other deals until they were agreed to.

One guy o think would be a good fit as a cheap backup pg would be jj barea. Give him a one yr deal for a couple mil. I think he's underrated as a playmaker and high bball iq glue guy. Then I'd sign koufus, casspi, acy, which would give us:

Pg- collison, barea, stockton
sg- bellinelli, mclemore, Anderson
sf- gay, casspi
pf- wcs, acy
c- cousins, koufus

That's a solid 9-man rotation. And we wouldn't have to break the bank to do it as far as long-term. No glaring weaknesses and very balanced.

One guy o think would be a good fit as a cheap backup pg would be jj barea. Give him a one yr deal for a couple mil. I think he's underrated as a playmaker and high bball iq glue guy. Then I'd sign koufus, casspi, acy, which would give us:

Pg- collison, barea, stockton
sg- bellinelli, mclemore, Anderson
sf- gay, casspi
pf- wcs, acy
c- cousins, koufus

That's a solid 9-man rotation. And we wouldn't have to break the bank to do it as far as long-term. No glaring weaknesses and very balanced.
I think we have enough cap space to aim higher than JJ Barea

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 54s54 seconds ago
Sources say Kings/Brewer talks actually broke off BEFORE serious offer stage. Brewer then re-engaged w/Rockets, where he wanted to be along

So which is it MEDIA? Make up your god damn minds. Did Brewer spurn our richer offer to stay with the Rockets or the offer was never made? SMH :mad:
Isn't that the second time recently where Stein backtracked on what we offered.......a bunch of BS going on here.

So if the Kings make an offer that Beverly accepts, basically that money will be tied up until the official start of players being able to be signed, which is the 9th, and then Rockets have 3 days to match? Is this correct?

Seems like if the offer is very big, that's a long time to have money tied up that may not get you anywhere if the Rockets match.