Kings and free agency - part 2

Aaron Bruski

✔@aaronbruski

Collison quickly going thru 3 stages of being a Sacto PG. 1) What a nice surprise 2) Clearly we need an upgrade 3) Here’s the new guy
✔@Isaiah_Thomas
@aaronbruski lol u right about that

This is a major reason why the Kings continue to be dumped on by the national media. When our own "local" guys continue to post negative stuff over and over again it just gives other writers more fuel to help burn the fire. I follow a lot of other beat writers of other teams and very few of them stir the pot like they do here in Sac. Can we use some of our cap space to sign back Ammick? I know Bruski is IT's boy but Ziller, Bruski, Jones, and sometimes Aileen are horrible at their jobs.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'll ask again: why did Rondo command 10 mil + requiring a shooter? Nobody else wanted him. He's not that good any longer, and I don't understand why he commanded this to play here. Offer 7 or go ride the bench elsewhere.
This works out two ways however. He plays for his contract next year and we get a steal, or he sucks and we're out harmlessly after one year. I'm actually pretty cool with it, unless the worst case happens, which is he absolutely murders it next year, we sign him to a huge deal and then he sucks/gets hurts afterwards. This doesn't really seem that likely but poopoo happens.

I'll ask again: why did Rondo command 10 mil + requiring a shooter? Nobody else wanted him. He's not that good any longer, and I don't understand why he commanded this to play here. Offer 7 or go ride the bench elsewhere.
"Required".

"Commanded".

Where did you get that from? The Spears tweet said "asked", which makes sense since Rondo pairs better next to shooters and we had none.

I'll ask again: why did Rondo command 10 mil + requiring a shooter? Nobody else wanted him.
You state this as fact, but can't possibly know for certain. I've read that Rondo had interest from a few other teams. I don't know which is true. However what I do know is that you are making an assumption or choosing to believe in an unsubstantiated rumor.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Aaron Bruski

✔@aaronbruski

Collison quickly going thru 3 stages of being a Sacto PG. 1) What a nice surprise 2) Clearly we need an upgrade 3) Here’s the new guy
✔@Isaiah_Thomas

This is a major reason why the Kings continue to be dumped on by the national media. When our own "local" guys continue to post negative stuff over and over again it just gives other writers more fuel to help burn the fire. I follow a lot of other beat writers of other teams and very few of them stir the pot like they do here in Sac. Can we use some of our cap space to sign back Ammick?
Screw IT. And Bruski too, but really.

Collison got hurt, so yeah, we do need a capable replacement/backup plan/what have you.

Aaron Bruski

✔@aaronbruski

✔@Isaiah_Thomas

This is a major reason why the Kings continue to be dumped on by the national media. When our own "local" guys continue to post negative stuff over and over again it just gives other writers more fuel to help burn the fire. I follow a lot of other beat writers of other teams and very few of them stir the pot like they do here in Sac. Can we use some of our cap space to sign back Ammick? I know Bruski is IT's boy but Ziller, Bruski, Jones, and sometimes Aileen are horrible at their jobs.
Truth hurts eh?

Aaron Bruski

✔@aaronbruski

✔@Isaiah_Thomas

Everyone has something to say. Getting Rondo is a little different though.

Bobby was great at defending both 1 and 2. lakers fans still claim he fouled kobe on that corner shot.
LOL. He did (pulled on and untucked his jersey). However, everyone knows they allow a little more contact on the last possession. It was great defense by Bobby considering. Lakers fans got revenge the next game when Kobe fouled Bibby with his elbow. I remember the Minnesota series a couple of years later when Peja was fouled on the final shot in OT with no call. Game 5 of that Lakers series was one of the few times our Kings came out on the positive end of it. All water under the bridge now though. ;)

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Bruski is being obnoxious on twitter. I get that he may not like the move but it's clear that Rondo was our first or second target from day one and we landed him.

Badmouth Sac all you want but we actually landed our target. We swung and missed on a few others. I'm sure once we did that we got attached to everyone as a "rumor" to drive their market value up. Hell we may have even been doing some agents favors even though they have done none for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the job of these "writers" to stir the pot. For some reason the most hated people are the most popular. Sooner or later it will die down. Met bru in real life. The guy is exactly the kind of person that talks smack behind a keyboard but is a wuss in real life. He's pathetic.

Know anything about him? Has had 0 time in the NBA

Perhaps our euro friends on the board might have some insight
He's on the older side (27) so he should be more ready to contribute fairly soon. 7'0, very skilled for a big man, good passer, average rebounder, questionable defender, not a great mid-outside shot but is respectable. Like other's have mentioned he'd be a good 4th big

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I just don't like mclemore. I don't think he will be very good and is currently a 8th-10th guy on a playoff roster.
About the right spot depthwise, and right now he would have to be maybe 7 for us. 8 if we use this remaining cap room to gt another major guy,maybe frontcourt. Hence 8-10. Hence we are making the playoffs. :)

There's plenty of reasons to worry about these moves. Rondo had a bad year. Marco is good. However, you just gave up a lot more than anyone to do so. Phoenix just dumped salary and got a pick back.

The Kings just got used over and over by agents for leverage. The image of the team is terrible and it's not just twitter hacks as the cause. Everything has to go right for things to change.

Otherwise, it's a disaster.

There's plenty of reasons to worry about these moves. Rondo had a bad year. Marco is good. However, you just gave up a lot more than anyone to do so. Phoenix just dumped salary and got a pick back.

The Kings just got used over and over by agents for leverage. The image of the team is terrible and it's not just twitter hacks as the cause. Everything has to go right for things to change.

Otherwise, it's a disaster.
Every other non-Kings fan would easily say we are a disaster anyway. But so far with Rondo and Bellinelli, I know Vlade knows what he is doing.

Aaron Bruski

✔@aaronbruski

✔@Isaiah_Thomas

I only have one thing to say to this Bruski guy and the sore IT.

Wonder if Gays sale job focused around Sac's ability to turn careers around? Hopefully Rondo is the next turn around story. It's funny how a short period of time changes things. Just a matter of months ago Rondo was seen as the missing piece to put Dallas into contender status. Maybe this all worked out perfectly for all sides. Who knows.