KHTK

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Certainly looks like Dave fluffed his own nest and manipulated the system to make this happen.
Ah, lovely. Two posts in and we've already got glorification of the Maloofs and unsubstantiated allegations laid against a popular radio host who, by the way, reads this group and posts here from time to time.

I'll leave it to Dave to decide whether he wants to address your comments or not, but I'll point out that you have not made a very good start here.

Ah, lovely. Two posts in and we've already got glorification of the Maloofs and unsubstantiated allegations laid against a popular radio host who, by the way, reads this group and posts here from time to time.

I'll leave it to Dave to decide whether he wants to address your comments or not, but I'll point out that you have not made a very good start here.

Nah. I'll pass on this one. People can believe what they want, those that know me....know me....and what I'm all about.

I appreciate your words though. Always welcome conversation, regardless. Now maybe if we could just get this damn team to start winning.....

Deuce and MoMo were the life of that morning show. The problem is that Dave is tied to KJ and the King's ownership. Let's just say that is the last thing I want to be reminded of on my way to work in the morning. Now you are doubling down with Kayte who seems like a wonderful person, but no proven skills in the radio medium. Certainly looks like Dave fluffed his own nest and manipulated the system to make this happen. Honestly, now that we have the arena, we should boycott anything that has to do with Vivek if he does not turn it around this summer. This town deserves so much better. Time to run this clown out of town and back to his cozy mansion in Palo Alto.
You could have used your own name Marcos.

Nah. I'll pass on this one. People can believe what they want, those that know me....know me....and what I'm all about.

I appreciate your words though. Always welcome conversation, regardless. Now maybe if we could just get this damn team to start winning.....
If you could pull it off and would be interested in working with Doug some this summer I'd appreciate it. I get the feeling he is really enjoying things, and may want to try out a small role on the show every once in awhile.

Deuce and MoMo were the life of that morning show.
It's always been Dave's show since he came back. People like me who also listen to other talk radio in the morning tune into to get Dave's take after something happens, not Deuce and Morgan--who were perfect on the mid-day show by the way. Ever since his online show with Sean Thomas and the Maloof saga, Dave probably has the most loyal listener base next to Grant.

I'm finding it being harder and harder to listen to the new morning show. Loved listening to Dave and kinda liked deuce and mo cuz they were pretty funny. kayte is a good addition and would call it a wash with losing the others, but Nate... I think I can handle him here and there covering when others were off but the more I listen, the more he sounds arrogant, condescending and isn't funny at all. I prefer khtk over 1320 in the morning drive to work cuz of the kings coverage but with the season ending it makes it easier to switch to mike and mike.

I'm finding it being harder and harder to listen to the new morning show. Loved listening to Dave and kinda liked deuce and mo cuz they were pretty funny. kayte is a good addition and would call it a wash with losing the others, but Nate... I think I can handle him here and there covering when others were off but the more I listen, the more he sounds arrogant, condescending and isn't funny at all. I prefer khtk over 1320 in the morning drive to work cuz of the kings coverage but with the season ending it makes it easier to switch to mike and mike.
I hate to comment over and over in this thread saying the same thing.. but I've been thinking the same thing for so long it feels good to finally get it out! Nate made listening to JRoss's show in the afternoon just unbearable. I had to stop listening to it before long.

Now with the recent changes, I just can't get behind listening to KHTK at all. Get rid of Nate, put Kayte in the AM with Dave, let Deuce and Morgan return to the PM slot with JRoss, and you have a solid line up throughout the day. What a shame.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... And that just goes to show that one man's meat is another man's poison. I can't think of too many things that make me want to throw my computer out a window faster than hardcore sports talk.

I'm starting to see people's criticisms of Nate. He has a pretty obnoxious vibe to him. I also don't like it when someone is about to tell a story and he totally derails the story.

I don't listen to KHTK anymore... 1320 (ESPN ) afternoon radio with Kreidler and Whitey is much more entertaining. They provide knowledge and depth that Grants show is lacking. The morning show is unfocused. I admire Dave's passion for the Kings but outside of Sacramento sports there's just not enough to hold my attention.

I don't listen to KHTK anymore... 1320 (ESPN ) afternoon radio with Kreidler and Whitey is much more entertaining. They provide knowledge and depth that Grants show is lacking.
It is just amazing how much more solid of hosts (and therefore quality of discussion) The Rise Guys are than Grant. (and this goes back years with them, for multiple different groups of Guys)
It's apparent within seconds of turning between the stations.

Napear has let his show turn into a reality-free zone, where rational thought is belittled and hung up on anytime it intrudes.

He lords over his realm echo chamber like some appointed ruler.

It's just a shame from what the guy used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'd listen to Dave and Kayte even if it was a donkey braying along as third fiddle. I personally had never heard Nate before he started mornings this month. I think he is OK, not necessarily ideal, but not nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Give the show a chance to find its groove. While Mo and Deuce were not bad in my eyes, I like the stronger focus on sports now with Kayte bringing the experience and sports IQ to the table.

I'd listen to Dave and Kayte even if it was a donkey braying along as third fiddle. I personally had never heard Nate before he started mornings this month. I think he is OK, not necessarily ideal, but not nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Give the show a chance to find its groove. While Mo and Deuce were not bad in my eyes, I like the stronger focus on sports now with Kayte bringing the experience and sports IQ to the table.
It was funny listening to Nate argue with Kayte about what makes a good defensive player the other day.

I was listening to CD's interview with DMC today. What a drama queen! It's literally impossible for him to take responsibility for anything. When asked about all the technicals he gets his response was "Look at Draymond Green, look at this guy....nobody says anything to them." When asked about his emotions on the court his response was, "Why is it okay when I have emotion after dunking on 2 guys but it's a problem when I get upset about a call?" Yeah, okay, really?

Is it really that hard for him to just say, "Yeah, I need to work on that" or something along those lines? He really plays the victim role very well.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I was listening to CD's interview with DMC today. What a drama queen! It's literally impossible for him to take responsibility for anything. When asked about all the technicals he gets his response was "Look at Draymond Green, look at this guy....nobody says anything to them." When asked about his emotions on the court his response was, "Why is it okay when I have emotion after dunking on 2 guys but it's a problem when I get upset about a call?" Yeah, okay, really?

Is it really that hard for him to just say, "Yeah, I need to work on that" or something along those lines? He really plays the victim role very well.
Every time I have heard him confronted about his emotions, he has been straightforward. This is backed up by what Caron Butler said about him. When he is confronted by team mates, he is not defensive as this note portrays him to be. It's been 6 years of asking the same question. Boogie is Boogie. I'm glad we have him.

Is it really necessary to put an anti-DMC rant on a Off-The-Court thread topic about KHTK?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is it really necessary to put an anti-DMC rant on a Off-The-Court thread topic about KHTK?
The best thing to do would be to just ignore his comment. Leave it sitting there unacknowledged. Responding to it, IMHO, just gives it more attention... Just my thought.