KHTK

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know Dave posts here and it wasn't his choice, but this was pathetic to release this on April Fools day. It better be a joke. I liked to listen to all 3 of them in the morning, and in fact, stopped listening to a FM radio morning show because I wanted to support Dave's new show (never listened with KB). I would turn it on when my alarm went off, follow them in the car and turn it off at 9 AM (I can't stand Rome). Now that this change has been made, I'll stick to listening to Grant on the drive home. Thanks for making my mornings full of music again, KHTK
I'm confused. You know Dave had nothing to do with this, but you're going to quit supporting his show because of a management decision?

At least give it a try. I personally think Kayte will be a great addition.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I always listen to the morning show no matter what lineup.....surprised by the moves. I like CD and Kayte both...not so sure about them together though personally but I am sure that I don't enjoy Nate Goodyear.

I liked afternoon show from awhile ago when Morgan was on there.....enjoyed that. I also think management is overrating Damien.

And like someone else mentioned earlier, I've just stopped listening to the Grant Napear show. It has grown tiresome and the bitchfest about Cuz by Napear and his listeners does not appeal to me.

Dave's been carrying that show for too long. Kayte kind of bores me too, but hopefully the analysis improves.
Now that I think about it, if Doug gets along well with Dave, has little to do this summer, maybe the 3 of them could work together. I actually think they'd be able to pull off a good show, I'd like to hear Doug talk about more than just basketball. Seems like a good and interesting guy in general.

Now that is a show that I would love to hear. The only problem I've had with Kayte is since she is so aligned to the Kings, she doesn't seem to be very negative against them when she should (i.e. Jason Ross). I did appreciate both Morgan and DM being the opposite of the "PLAYOFFS ARE COMING" Dave, so I'm sad that connection is gone.

I'm still hoping this is all a big April Fools day joke.

Wow!
Out of the blue, there may be an improvement in KHTK!
Whod'a thunk?

Deuce was an ass, who parroted click-bait, superficial takes - Kayte is a VAST improvement.
Morgan was better suited to morning talk shows than a sports-based show.
She'd probably do great on something like Rob n Dawn type of show format.

Now that is a show that I would love to hear. The only problem I've had with Kayte is since she is so aligned to the Kings, she doesn't seem to be very negative against them when she should (i.e. Jason Ross). I did appreciate both Morgan and DM being the opposite of the "PLAYOFFS ARE COMING" Dave, so I'm sad that connection is gone.

I'm still hoping this is all a big April Fools day joke.
I've never had a problem with her basketball talk, to be fair maybe she'll bring different energy once she settles in and has some freedom to sort of "let go" at times. Dave is great from a fans perspective always will have the ability to sort empathize with us, but I still think they'll need someone else.

If Doug wouldn't be appropriate for scheduling for whatever reason that is, can you think of someone else who may be a good match for them?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I love Kayte, but I'm surprised that Deuce and especially Morgan were let go.

I'd have been a lot happier if they left those two in the morning and moved Dave & Kayte into Grant's slot.

Grant must produce pretty good ratings but I've stopped listening to him completely.
I can't comment on recent polls, but a few years ago Grant show was the highest rated show in northern california. So my guess is yes, he has good ratings. Personally I like listening to grant because he always talks sports, which is what I tune in to listen to. Plus I grew up back in the eastern part of the country where sports talk hosts tend to be more abrasive, or out spoken if you will. So Grant seems normal to me. Remember, he grew up in New York with Mad Dog and company. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says. I just don't let it rile me up, and take it with a grain of salt.

setting aside whatever this "shake-up" means for KHTK's programming, can somebody describe to me what they find compelling about KHTK's coverage of the kings across the last decade or so? i've tuned in on the rare occasion over the years, and i've mostly found it to be shallow and daft in its analysis and its attempts to entertain. in general, i find it strange and interesting that radio is still managing to survive as a relevant technology. i'm just waiting for the millennial generation's continued exodus away from outdated formats to render inane shock jocks like grant napear without a soap box...

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Might be Random, but on 1140 sometimes there is this dude that sounds like smeagol who smoked too much tobacco back in the day and does sports analysis.. anyone know who the hell he is and why is he on the radio? I dont think he is a part of the KHTK kings coverage programing

Might be Random, but on 1140 sometimes there is this dude that sounds like smeagol who smoked too much tobacco back in the day and does sports analysis.. anyone know who the hell he is and why is he on the radio? I dont think he is a part of the KHTK kings coverage programing
You're probably thinking about Scott Ferrall?

Why does everyone radio show feel like they need 3 people working it? They could have easily done Dave and Kayte in the morning, then JRoss, DM and Morgan back in the afternoon.

Why does everyone radio show feel like they need 3 people working it? They could have easily done Dave and Kayte in the morning, then JRoss, DM and Morgan back in the afternoon.
It honestly doesnt make sense. If you want Dave and Kayte in the morning, that's perfectly fine with me - just put JRoss, Deuce, and Morgan back together in the afternoon. That afternoon show was the best, and Im still trying to make sense of firing Deuce and Morgan.

J

Jackson Palumbo

Deuce and MoMo were the life of that morning show. The problem is that Dave is tied to KJ and the King's ownership. Let's just say that is the last thing I want to be reminded of on my way to work in the morning. Now you are doubling down with Kayte who seems like a wonderful person, but no proven skills in the radio medium. Certainly looks like Dave fluffed his own nest and manipulated the system to make this happen. Honestly, now that we have the arena, we should boycott anything that has to do with Vivek if he does not turn it around this summer. This town deserves so much better. Time to run this clown out of town and back to his cozy mansion in Palo Alto.