KHTK

You must be one of the many callers that he's "told off" on air :D

Just turn the channel. Leave him alone with his show. Use the mute button for games. LOL
Agree. Just turn the dial. I like Grant and remember he is a voice of the Sacramento Kongs. When he is annoying just turn the dial. He can't follow you there. Try to be calm and enjoy the good Kimgs stuff that he brings you.

"Keyboard warriors?" That's rich. Your opinion notwithstanding, you're no less a "keyboard warrior" than the rest of us.

There's exactly one thing, and one thing only, that's going to shut Napear up: hit him in the wallet. Unless you're going to personally mobilize against his show's sponsors, you're as full of sound and fury as everybody else.
ummm... I AM including myself in the keyboard warrior camp.

Except I'm not in a position to mobilize anybody - I'm not a prominent member of the Kings community, I don;t get invited to Kings STH meetings or fan/press interviews.
I don't have a Twitter following to mobilize.
I really only talk Kings here at KF's - that's why I'm pointing out Napear's misconduct and damaging behavior here.
To try to make an impact, hopefully to protect the team and its fanbase from his obsessive destructive behavior.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Nobody needs to protect the fanbase from anything or anybody. Everyone is fine.

It's simply, I like what I'm hearing...or I don't. Then adjust your settings accordingly ;)
Uh, no. It really isn't that simple. I tend to think that @IfAt1st is wrong, most of the time, but he has a point here: Napear's a bad influence, and needs to be stopped. It's not enough that you and I turn our dials to the right, there are still enough people who dig his steez, and are okay with the rhetoric that he is spewing. But, those people are misinformed, and need to be provided with a more well-rounded picture before making up their minds, and it goes against Napear's interests to do either of those things. He doesn't want to change, and he doesn't think he has to change: he thinks that he's telling the truth, as he sees it. And he's wrong, and he needs to be corrected, for the good of all Kings Fans, but until somebody runs his pockets, it's not happening.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why does everybody get all worked up about Grant Napear? Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to listen to him.
I don't. But, a lot of people do, and they're being misinformed by someone who is actively misinforming them. Those are the people who need to be reached.

Why do I get worked up about Napear? Because I get tired of arguing with people who don't bother to inform themselves, and only regurgitate the talking points they hear on his show. I feel like the better question to ask is, why don't you?

ummm... I AM including myself in the keyboard warrior camp.

Except I'm not in a position to mobilize anybody - I'm not a prominent member of the Kings community, I don;t get invited to Kings STH meetings or fan/press interviews.
I don't have a Twitter following to mobilize.
I really only talk Kings here at KF's - that's why I'm pointing out Napear's misconduct and damaging behavior here.
To try to make an impact, hopefully to protect the team and its fanbase from his obsessive destructive behavior.
Before Anaheim and Seattle, I was all of those things you listed above when I began my journey in 2009.

It's the mentality of,.. "that opinion and delivery is not what I believe in and want",....so we should try to save everyone else from it o_O
Not all opinions are equal, nor should they be given equal weight. To believe otherwise is foolish.

Napear is wrong about most things. I can opine that Tyreke is better than Curry all I want, but it's still a foolish opinion at this point.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nobody needs to protect the fanbase from anything or anybody. Everyone is fine.

It's simply, I like what I'm hearing...or I don't. Then adjust your settings accordingly ;)
My setting is that as long as Grant Napear continues to make what I truly believe are outrageous and biased statements, I'm going to refute them.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I like Grant warts and all. Listened in snippets since h started on the show. Cut hm off from time to time. Don't like his rants. Like his Kings stuff. He shares some of my views that aren't popular on KF.cm. I enjoy participating on KF and listehng to Kings talk on Grant's show.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
12 years of (almost) continuous employment there. They were nice enough to "forget" about my involuntary 2 year sabbatical.

I get 3 weeks. Is this a crazy amount and I'm unaware?
You get to travel for assignments and watch a lot of sporting events. I think some may confuse that with vacation. :) Have fun on your cruise, BTW.

12 years of (almost) continuous employment there. They were nice enough to "forget" about my involuntary 2 year sabbatical.

I get 3 weeks. Is this a crazy amount and I'm unaware?
Don't mind me, Im just bitter.;)
Its nice to own your own business and all but the downside is the vacation thing. 15 years and Ive probably taken a total of 2 weeks vacation. Yeesh.........

How abou listening to Tony Koester on K-F-B-K broadcasting a live Sacramento Solon game with Art Garibaldi playing 3rd base? The Solon days prepared me for the losing ways of the Kings. Tony Frietas pitching a double header on Sunday. Of course I am old so it's not those memories that make me feel that way. My bad knees do a good enough job f that. Go Solons ...... er, KINGS!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
How abou listening to Tony Koester on K-F-B-K broadcasting a live Sacramento Solon game with Art Garibaldi playing 3rd base? The Solon days prepared me for the losing ways of the Kings. Tony Frietas pitching a double header on Sunday. Of course I am old so it's not those memories that make me feel that way. My bad knees do a good enough job f that. Go Solons ...... er, KINGS!
I don't remember names, but I do remember Edmonds Field. My dad took me and my brother to one of the final games the Solons ever played there. (1959 or 60).