Not open for further replies.
Well we finally found our rotation.
Evans
Udrih
Casspi/Greene
Landry
Hawes

Everyone's game complimented wach other really well, just a great game
I liked it alot, but since Landry cant give us a dominate rebounding night and Spence showing up 50/50, we really need the 3 spot to have a guy that can hit the boards.

the one difficulty there is going to be the rebounding, as it was tonight even with Hawes really hitting the glass. But yes, be nice to see us stick to it for a bit and not shuffle it again the next time somebody has a bad game.
Nice to have Thompson, Brockman, and Dorsey off the bench in the future though! There's our rebounding right there. If we're getting killed on the glass put the Brockness monster and his band of thugs in.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nice to have Thompson, Brockman, and Dorsey off the bench in the future though! There's our rebounding right there. If we're getting killed on the glass put the Brockness monster and his band of thugs in.
Unfortunately, that line-up would be banned because the other team's bigs all end up either dead or missing teeth.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This could have been a watershed game for Hawes. At least a mini-watershed. He was great. Made great decisions with the ball. Had patience in the paint. Rebounded very well. Defended well. Utah is a tough team, mentally and physically. No way you beat them unless your center is tough. Spencer was tough tonight. The Westphal public criticism and resultant drama might have kicked him into basketball adulthood.

I'd like to add that Hawes mentioned after the game with Grant and Jerry that the team was very undermanned tonight. Now I know JT is hurt, but maybe there was something bothering Greene too? thats pure speculation by me, but theres a chance something was wrong with him.
As bad as it sounds, I'm hoping it's some kind of injury... because honestly, Donte along with Reke and Omri are probably the 3 guys that need to be out on the court the most right now simply due to potential alone. There's absolutely no reason other than injury that Donte shouldn't play.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As bad as it sounds, I'm hoping it's some kind of injury... because honestly, Donte along with Reke and Omri are probably the 3 guys that need to be out on the court the most right now simply due to potential alone. There's absolutely no reason other than injury that Donte shouldn't play.
This is classic. Everyone was criticisizing Westphal for not having a rotation. Now he's criticized for having a rotation. Make up your mind.

This is classic. Everyone was criticisizing Westphal for not having a rotation. Now he's criticized for having a rotation. Make up your mind.
FYI, I wasn't one of those people. :rolleyes:

However, if I were - just because a coach makes a rotation doesn't mean as a fan, I should be pleased with the players that were chosen for it. Also, one game doesn't equal a consistent rotation.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

However, if I were - just because a coach makes a rotation doesn't mean as a fan, I should be pleased with the players that were chosen for it. Also, one game doesn't equal a consistent rotation.
Of course...:rolleyes: Are you aware that we won the game? :D

Nor was I. And I'm not going to assume we now have a rotation. I'll leave that to a coaching staff I respect. Also, I won't jump to the conclusion that we are better off because we didn't have Greene and Thompson in the lineup. It's something to think about, though.

the one difficulty there is going to be the rebounding, as it was tonight even with Hawes really hitting the glass. But yes, be nice to see us stick to it for a bit and not shuffle it again the next time somebody has a bad game.
Perhaps, but on the offensive end, everyone's game clicked beautifully. Landry and Hawes work well together and Beno playing point till Reke does his thing in the 4th saw 50 points from the two of them.

Perhaps, but on the offensive end, everyone's game clicked beautifully. Landry and Hawes work well together and Beno playing point till Reke does his thing in the 4th saw 50 points from the two of them.
Beno did play some point but just because him and Reke are on the court at the same time, it doesn't mean that Beno was a PG.

I would say that primarily Reke played the point and Beno being the SG who at times took over the PG duties.

This is why a combo guard next to Tyreke is the best fit. Both can handle, both can pass and Beno can play off the ball. Beno and Reke play really well off each other.

Nor was I. And I'm not going to assume we now have a rotation. I'll leave that to a coaching staff I respect. Also, I won't jump to the conclusion that we are better off because we didn't have Greene and Thompson in the lineup. It's something to think about, though.
We may have been better on 2/26/10 without Greene in the lineup, but I think in the long term - we won't be. And that's why I feel, as much as I respect the coaching staff, that sitting Greene for no reason other than injury, is hurting the team more than helping it - even if it saved us an "L," for one night in a rebuilding year.

Beno did play some point but just because him and Reke are on the court at the same time, it doesn't mean that Beno was a PG.

I would say that primarily Reke played the point and Beno being the SG who at times took over the PG duties.

This is why a combo guard next to Tyreke is the best fit. Both can handle, both can pass and Beno can play off the ball. Beno and Reke play really well off each other.
That's similar to controversial PG question asked by fans of that other NBA team - only 75 miles away. Is Monta or Stephon the PG? Who's the off guard? Who's the lead guard? With those big time scorers on the floor together it's Nellie-ball on steroids - as who can possibly guard both of them? But more so in reality it's, who the hell can they guard since both are only around 6'2" (Curry) and 6'3"(Ellis). At least Kings have a bigger and overall tougher back court with 'Reke (close to 6'6") and Beno (close to 6'4"). Yes, Beno is tougher than the departed 6'7" Kevin Martin.

Great Bounce Back Game by Hawes !!!

Give credit where credit is due! Coach Chest Bump caused Hawes to get jacked up and he played an awesome game! Hawes played well enough to help the Kings win the game. He had T W E L V E rebounds! And against a very good rebounding team in the Jazz. That is no easy task! And I like the way he scored when he needed to and facilitated a few scores. Hawes played like he was having fun again, which is important for this young team down the stretch.

Not sure why Donte Greene didn't play but it very well might have been a match up thing. The Jazz have Okur who is a big plodding center and we needed Hawes's length to keep Okur from really hurting the Kings inside. Sean May came in and banged with Okur as well and was successful. I dont think Greene could have come in at the 5, and Landry was great at the 4, and Nocconi made a coupla 3's that were important. I am willing to bet Greene will be in the next game.

Westphal said that Hawes "Showed what he's made of" in this game. We need Hawes to play with the passion he played with tonight. Hawes was relevant and active. He got 12 rebounds! He was able to help on defense and was effective. He was able to make a few assists from the top of the Key. He was the player we need to have every game. The coach was very loose about the whole situation, and the truth is maybe Hawes needed a game off to get his head straight. Maybe Greene needed this game off to get HIS head straight. Who knows?

I'm not going to second guess Paul Westphal because the team IS behind him despite the best efforts of the local papers to try and drive a wedge between the Coach and the players. It looks to me that they are all on the same page :). The rest of this year is about unity and getting the young guys the reps they need to compete. Westphal is foremost teaching our young players what it takes to win in the NBA. The Wins and Losses are secondary to building a young core of players that can compete and win in the NBA. People seem to think that the Kings are trying to compete for a playoff spot this year. Well they are not. This is truly a rebuilding year and PW is going to go with the rotations that are going to help build this team in the LONG RUN to become NBA players. Wins are nice and we will take every one of them, but winning isn't everything this year. I think PW has a plan and he and Petrie are in agreement as to how to get the job done. Lets hope their plan works. I think they are going into the lottery again and are going to draft another piece for this club. Petrie and Westphal will determine from this season what their needs are and they will draft and use free agency to keep the team moving in the right direction. Many of the guys on this roster wont be here on starting day 2010-11.

Last edited:
I'm tired of seeing Lamar 'I'm a HUGE Celebrity Now because I married Khloe Kardashian' Odom.
LOL. I absolutely despise that commercial. Watching Barkley walk from scene to scene with that box full of garbage makes me sick. To top it off Lamar is in the ad, too. I guess Khloe knows people.

BTW, unfortunately I missed a real good game. Hawes got off and had a strong game. Great to see it. Goooooo Kings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.