Jazz @ Kings Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings continue to do what they do best - lose. Lose big, lose often, lose again - The Kings motto in these last several years was only interrupted in the beginning of the season provng to be the exception to this rigid rule. Kings lost the 5th straight game and with the record 19-39 Kings are 4th worst in the NBA with Warriors and Timberwolves sneaking in. Kings hime record at 13-14 is decomposing in minutes as Kings have lost 5 straight at home and with Jazz visiting on Friday - the trend will probably continue. April 15th can't come fast enough especially since it looks like Kings finished the season with 2 road wins before the ASB.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The reality caught up with us brutally. Kings overachieved a lot in the beginning of the season creating wrong picture about what this team is capable off. In reallity, Kings are as a team and talentwise one of the 2-3 worst teams in the NBA and if it wasn't for that start where we surprised many opponents. Looking at our talent - it gets depressing.

We have one good player in Evans. He isn't great yet by any means but he is good already.

We have couple decent prospects in Casspi and Greene who have shown promises but have too many weaknesses and are very inconsistant at best.

We also have one good role player in Landry who would be good off the bench.

The rest of the group by NBA standards is garbage:

Hawes isn't any better than Kwarme or Darko.
JT is on the level Wilcox, Warrick, Bass etc...
Beno, Nocioni, Garcia, Udoka etc... = Radmanovic
Brockman and May - one too short the other one too fat, both too slow = Oliiver Miller in his last years as a pro.
PW is a good coach. He isn't Adelman but he is better than what we had after Adelman.

All in all = we are about where we are supposed to be. Other teams can play and most of them are more talented. Just look at the Pistons with a fairly similar record.
-------------------------------------------------------------
We managed to beat the Pistons in detroit and they paid us back with interest. We couldn't make any stops. We didn't try to make them anyway. Only place we could stop them was the FT lone as appearently there are teams that shoot it worse than us at the stripe. We played a little bit after we were down by 30 but mainly because Pistons were to satisfied. We lost by 12 and it wasn't really that close. Even Ben Wallace made a fadeaway jumper. That kind of a night

-------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Charlie V. was a force

LW-VC -Maxiel - as good as Spencer

JHA - Omri

MIKKI - Greene

SAR- Ben Wallace

RA&1 - Wilcox

Jax/Walk - Garcia

WTF moment of the game -Your sacramento Kings
jazz have been hot but also injured at times. Anoter team we managed to beat on the road, another team fighting for PO spots, another team better than us. All in all - it will be a difficult game. On the other hand - easy to make adjustments from a game where everything was garbage. The question is - what can we really do with what we have. We need to start with an effort and passion.
my matchups:

Kings vs being down by 30 - will it happen again ?

Williams vs Evans - can Tyreke get better of someone his size ?

Hawes vs PT - can he shut up and play

Millsap vs God - who is more powerfull ?

Ashton vs Demi - that would make us Demi, right?

PW vs lineup #42297- the last one sucked - try it again

-------------------------------------------------
Evans - you need to force it more before it is too late
Thompson - not enough
Greene - earn some PT for a change
Landry - it can only get better
Hawes - talks much better than he plays

Casspi - wake up kid !
Udrih - not enough
Brockman - get well soon
Cisco - overpaid, does nothing

rest = mateen
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jazz with 36-20 and 14-12 on the road are 3rd in the West and one of the hottest team in the league. Efficient, dirty = true Sloan team. If healthy - they are a handful for everyone. Millsap gets the TDM. Okur gets the LW-VC. Kings will have a handful here. Don't see us win but you never know.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Kings going to win this one for sure.

They finally get some good practice and time to gel.

I'm also dizzy from the rotation. ;)

The Kings need 2 things this offseason: Tyreke Evans to get a jumpshot and Chris Bosh.
At least one of these needs will someday be fulfilled. The way the Kings are sucking no way a player like Bosh will come to Sacramento :(. My hope was that the Kings have a very good 2nd half and maybe one of the star FAs takes notice and thinks about coming to town especially with the cash that will be available to pay and play with the ROY.

Go Kings! Beat the Jazz! :eek:

gunks

Hall of Famer
My hope is that the Kings draft Cousins. Dude has 20/10 big written all over him. He's probably going third this draft...So fingers crossed.

Evans will get a jumper. May be a couple years, but he's working with Yoda. Good things happen when you work with Yoda.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My hope is that the Kings draft Cousins. Dude has 20/10 big written all over him. He's probably going third this draft...So fingers crossed.

Evans will get a jumper. May be a couple years, but he's working with Yoda. Good things happen when you work with Yoda.
Really?

Last dude I remember working with Yoda ended up getting his hand chopped off. :p

Will this be Evans's first game v. Williams? I thought they played each other earlier, but I may be wrong.

I need some good ball tonight. I don't wanna have to call over my friends Jack, Jim, or Jose for anything but a celebration.

Edit: [nerd rant] My grammar is far from perfect, but why does this thing not know some proper grammar? Elements of Style Rule #1: 's does follow a name ending with the letter s, unless you're talking about Jesus or Moses or some other significant ancient person. [/nerd rant]

I'm going to the game tonight...

There is no way I could ever do it, but the thought of bringing a few paper bags for me and my wife has crossed my mind. Please make it a game tonight fellas! I don't care if we win or lose, just make you're free throws and put forth the effort.

Edit: [nerd rant] My grammar is far from perfect, but why does this thing not know some proper grammar? Elements of Style Rule #1: 's does follow a name ending with the letter s, unless you're talking about Jesus or Moses or some other significant ancient person. [/nerd rant]
You know, Evans's may be right. The most interesting discussion of this was on this site with a clarification from an English teacher (not that it means he/she couldn't be wrong.;))

A singular noun ending with s is still 's. Chris' car is NOT correct. Chris's car IS correct. Only plural possesive ends with an apostrophe no s. -English teacher
Read more: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/using-apostrophes-to-show-possession.html#ixzz0gfaCsGQT

This needs to be the lineup from here on out, and no exceptions...it takes away from the kids' development:

Evans
Casspi
Thompson(when healthy)
Donte
Hawes

Bench:
Landry(the way it should have been from the start)
Dorsey
Beno
Garcia

And that's IT! 9 man rotation!(obviously changes with injuries of course, and Brockness gets more minutes then) P-Dub needs to quit with all this madness!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Will this be Evans's first game v. Williams? I thought they played each other earlier, but I may be wrong.

I need some good ball tonight. I don't wanna have to call over my friends Jack, Jim, or Jose for anything but a celebration.

Well yes, but haven't you figured out by now Evans > Jesus or Moses? :p

I know I know...odd isn't it the way that I have yet to be hit by a bolt of lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.