How does front office view Reke? (split)

No where in that statement does it mean Evans and McLemore in the backcourt. It means he likes Evans as a guy who attacks the rim and McLemore as a shooter.
Common sense should prevail in this instance, especially since PDA sees a hole at SF. If he was intending on playing Reke at SF with McLemore, he wouldn't be planning on upgrading the position. As Kingster would say, "dugh".

wow, the idea of a lineup with Reke/McLemore/Iguodala is amazing. size, athleticism, shooting. and the potential to be outstanding on defense.
Agreed. Potential to be elite with the perimeter D. You would be up there with Miami and Indiana in terms of pure athleticism, size and aggression. Then you have B-Mac and PPat stretching the floor on the other end for the other guys to operate. That's a compelling lineup.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
No where in that statement does it mean Evans and McLemore in the backcourt. It means he likes Evans as a guy who attacks the rim and McLemore as a shooter.
It's a logical assumption, especially considering the Iggy rumor.

No one is saying Reke would be the only facilitator. Cuz obviously is a huge part. We've said, many of us, Reke needs someone to share ballhandling duties with, whether a PG if he's the 2, or a 2/3 if he's the 1. And it goes back to what some have said all along, you don't need your Pg averaging 8+ assists. There's multiple ways to skin a cat. But there's a lot more evidence here suggesting it will be a Reke/MLM backcourt rather than Reke at SF, which is what you've been saying.

When he says McLemore and Evans would make sense, it's safe to assume he means they'd work well together as a back court.
yea i agree, pretty safe assumption. im sure the new staff has looked at tape. and seen Tyreke make the nice passes out to open shooters, only to be rewarded with a clanked open shot.

It's a logical assumption, especially considering the Iggy rumor.

No one is saying Reke would be the only facilitator. Cuz obviously is a huge part. We've said, many of us, Reke needs someone to share ballhandling duties with, whether a PG if he's the 2, or a 2/3 if he's the 1. And it goes back to what some have said all along, you don't need your Pg averaging 8+ assists. There's multiple ways to skin a cat. But there's a lot more evidence here suggesting it will be a Reke/MLM backcourt rather than Reke at SF, which is what you've been saying.
Maybe if he didn't also say the part I quoted about needing more passing and looking at the 1 and 3 which means they are looking to upgrade those positions.

Maybe if he didn't also say the part I quoted about needing more passing and looking at the 1 and 3 which means they are looking to upgrade those positions.
He actually says 1 or the 3. Plus Reke wasn't the 1 last year. Honestly, none of us really know exactly what he meant in each statement but it does lean more positively toward retaining Reke.

D'Alessandro is going to go hard after Iguodala. He would be the perfect SF for this team right now. We could use his passing ability, and a Reke - BMC - Iggy lineup is pretty scary on the defensive end. With these 3 guys there's enough shooting, passing and defense. Add Patterson if you want another shooter, and with DMC this looks like a playoff starting 5 to me.

When he refers to upgrading the 1 position, I believe he is talking about IT, since he technically was the PG last year. If anything that is who he is referring to, which makes sense because of IT's natural tendency to shoot and shoot some more. He said "Mclemore and Evans seem to make a lot of sense." I really don't know how much clearer a person can be. They are going to start together, maybe not at the beginning of the season, but start they will. The 3 position is of course empty with Tyreke going back to the one, and that is why he pointed out the 3 spot.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Funny how you guys just assume that means Evans/McLemore backcourt. He doesn't say they would be playing together or both would be in the backcourt.

And yet the next part is left out.

This would imply that they are looking at adding a facilitator at either PG or SF. Which means they don't see Evans as the facilitator.
It is ambiguous. However, it seems very doubtful that they could convince Tyreke to come back as a 3. Maybe a 2 or a 1, but not a 3. They would have to sell him on the pg/2-guard position in order to retain his services. And I would think that same theme would apply to every team that solicits his services. That said, it's not an unequivocal statement on Tyreke as point guard; it's almost stated as a try out, an experiment, not something they are certain about. Time will tell on this one.

Last edited:
I think they see him as he is, a journeyman starter at the SG position who doesn't have the jumper/3 point shot he needs, agood, strong defender/rebounder at any position, a player that had a great go to the basket game when at PG, but was sadly lacking at other, critical PG functions of time management/setting up a varied offense in motion, and getting for homself and others assists except on drives to the basket. So, on an ideal team, you want to play him somewhere but where. sG seems best but now we've drafted McLemore. So that is where the FO Is on this, the same place you and I are.

It is ambiguous. However, it seems very doubtful that they could convince Tyreke to come back as a 3. Maybe a 2 or a 1, but not a 3. They would have to sell him on the pg/2-guard position in order to retain his services. And I would think that same theme would apply to every team that solicits his services. That said, it's not an unequivocal statement on Tyreke as point guard; it's almost stated as a try out, an experiment, not something they are certain about. Time will tell on this one.
i would hardly call it a "try out" or "an experiment." the nba is, as always, about complementary talent. tyreke evans is best suited to the SG position, where a combination of his skills could be considered elite for the position (not a lotta SG's out there anymore who can rebound and pass as 'reke does). that said, i've always maintained that evans can be an incredibly powerful, bruising, and effective PG if you start a SG and/or a SF next to him who can share playmaking responsibilities. and since ben mclemore is a rookie who has made his name as a stand-still jump shooter, i expect that the kings will, as has been reported, attempt to court a SF like andre iguodala or matt barnes, veteran guys who can handle the ball and move it effectively without eating up a lotta shots, while also playing consistent defense on the wing (which is exactly what i've been clamoring for at the position in the evans/cousins era)...

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I would agree with the way Kingster said it. He said "almost" which I think is the operative word. I'm not going to go back and read the article because of quibbling over a word but I got the gist that the FO felt that breaking up Tyreke and McLemore would be a mistake without at least giving them a year together.

I would agree with the way Kingster said it. He said "almost" which I think is the operative word. I'm not going to go back and read the article because of quibbling over a word but I got the gist that the FO felt that breaking up Tyreke and McLemore would be a mistake without at least giving them a year together.
fair enough. "almost" is a useful qualifier.