Hey Kings fans! It's time for roll call!

live in McLean, VA (Home of the CIA, and spitting distance from Washington DC)
fan since about 1994, when I was in school at UC Davis
I now work 2 blocks from the Bullets Arena... it would be convenient to become a bullets' fan,,, but it is proving hard!

Lifetime Kings fan since they came to Sacramento in 1985. I've lived in Northern Calif since 1966, the capital city almost continuously since 1973, after graduating from Sac State. Bought home here in 1984 which I still own, long ago paying off - yippee! Semi-retired couple years ago from corporate world and before reaching age 60 later this year. Just returned from trip to South East Asia where I've been several times over the years. Adventurous travel bug bit me long ago having lived internationally, traveling widely across Europe, Mid-East, East Asia, and Latin America. Amazing how many times I've been in some remote corner of the world and when asked where I'm from say, "Sacramento," with next thing the questioner says is - "oh, the Sacramento Kings!"

I have one daughter who is 18 on full scholarship to UC Santa Barbara, smart as a wit chemical engineering major. She's pride of my life, best thing that ever happened to me as I was just past age 40 when she was born as my lone offspring. Grateful for her extreme smarts, maturity, stunning beauty, as at least I don't have to foot bill for that expensive university education! Probably continuing her enginnering studies into post-grad. Of note, she's 1/2 Asian, excellent tennis player, good basketball player (like dad back in the day) and like dad - a huge Kings fan. I'm 6'5", her mother (my ex) 5'2" and daughter - long, lean, 5'8". I love the Kings but only because they're part of deep, quarter century fabric of Sacramento. Any other way and it would be similar to a sad divorce, can be bitter, can be amicable, but once it's over, it's over. Hopefully, there's no end to the love affair. Always Sacramento! Always Sacramento Kings!

Last edited:
Sqwalk (Darren) in San Diego. Been a Kings fan for a few years now (ever since Jimmer arrived). I don't post much, but read the board religiously. I'm hoping to attend a few Kings games next year. :)

Elise10 from Port Chester NY
Kings fan since 2000
Finally saw the Kings as the home team in '12(to the surprise of my relatives that live here in Sac)
Being a fan of this team (and of this BOARD!) cannot possibly be replicated by joining somewhere else. #LongLiveTheKings!

Live in Livermore, CA. I lived in Roseville back when the Kings first arrived to Sac and went to several games all the back to Arco 1 and Arco 2 . I lived out there until 1997 but I continue to go to games and will always be the biggest Kings fan ever! We sat on Kings row courtside on the first Kings "Here we buy night" this year and we sat beside Mayor Johnson and I took a picture of KJ with my son. See attached. GO Kings!

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/MCPATD/media/NickWithMayorKJ.jpg.html

I live in Folsom these days. Been a fan since Kings moved to Sac, but I lived in SoCal (my family was in Sac, hence the connection) until 2002. I went to my first Kings home game in 1992. Saw Kings vs Magic... It was Shaq's rookie season. Awesome!

So, I lived in LA for a long time, including Sac's glory years; 98-2002 and always had raging battles with my Laker buddies. Fun times. Can't wait till we get back to winning, and I can get back to being a proud fan!

Livinthedream - Born in New Orleans. Moved to Sac in '87 when my dad was stationed at one of the military bases. Took a couple of years for the team to grow on me. But I've suffered with the losing, enjoyed the prosperity of the Webber years, suffered again. Wouldn't trade any of those years. Can't wait to begin the next period of prosperity with this team staying right here where it belongs.

SDKing still here. Don't post much these days but still Always read the boards. I get up to Sac to see about 1 game each year and can't wait to see my first in the new arena.

Live in the Land Park area (woo hoo, only a couple of miles from Downtown). Grew up in the Bay Area and was originally a Warriors fan.
Grew to embrace the small lovefests played out at Arco whenever the Kings or Monarchs were in town. Ended up taking photos for various news organizations and did so without pay, because I loved our teams so much.

I've had the good fortune to get upclose and personal with some Kings and Monarchs and have always found true class among our players. And the fans? There are none finer, louder, or more loyal.

Kings fan in Gold River, east of Sacramento.

I was a kid in Columbus, Ohio when Ohio State won the NCAAs in 1960. When my favorite player from that team, Jerry Lucas, went down to Cincinnati in 1963 to play with Oscar Robertson, I decided that I was a Royals fan. So this fall it will have been 50 years following this team. I went through the pain of losing the team when they left Cincinnati for Kansas City in 1972. I'll admit that I didn't follow them closely during the Kansas City years, but then I moved to Sacramento in 1984 and my Royals moved here a year later. It's been, for me, the best sports experience of my life that I've been able to go see my favorite team these last 28 seasons, and I'm thrilled that it will continue beyond this year.

Brac-O-Matic

I live in lovely Citrus Heights, CA. Loosely followed the NBA since 1985, but fell in love with the Kings in 1999. I have visited this site almost every day for many years, but only comment when I have something amazing to say! heh.

For the record, the last few days have been as awesome as I have felt in a long time, if ever, as a Kings fan. I cannot WAIT to see what this new ownership group will do with the team, and for shovels to hit the ground before we know it...

Ninjabiscuit. South Sacramento, CA

Kings fan since the White Chocolate days. I was a "bandwagon" fan in the beginning, but then I was able to attend several of those awesome playoff games in the early 2000's, and I haven't missed a game since. Can't wait to take my son to games on the light rail at the new arena downtown in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Double-K
From Hong Kong (yes VF21 was probably thinking of me when she started with Hong Kong) and currently living in Vegas.
Liked the Kings from the Richmond days and fell in love with them from the Vlade/C-Webb era.

FullAB. Kings fan since 93....Board lurker since 04. But occasionally, there's something you simply must say.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!! (blatant plagarism of VF.....forgive me..:eek:)

I'm a rookie Kings fan I guess, jumped on the bandwagon during the NHL lockout. In Hawaii but from Buffalo, so I couldn't be a Clippers fan. I suppose part of the reason I picked the Kings was all the Smart, Jimmer, Cousins chaos early on, followed by the Maloofery. Braves were before my time, but they were brought up often in Buffalo whenever talk of relocating the Bills or Sabres came up, still shops that sold Braves merchandise, so I became very interested with everything here. Just hoping it didn't happen to Sacramento fans.

Been lurking more lately, not much to add to the conversations, so just following along. :)

chasen4r1

Don't post often, but visit the site everyday, multiple times a day.
Grew up in Grass Valley, CA.. have since relocated to Santa Barbara, CA.
One of the only Kings fans I know anymore.. but hey, someone's got to break up all that Laker love down here ;)

Jason Williams and Chris Webber brought me to this team, I've been in love ever since.

MANdry024, Kings fan since the late 90's (being a teenager during the golden era, I got screwed IMO). Just started taking my boys to games, so stoked about the future, and know a few out of work fellas who will jump at the chance to build a new arena. I live in Rancho Cordova and couldn't be more optimistic and excited for next season and beyond, great idea for a thread VF!

image.jpg

Im here after a long bout of apathy.... Now that the MaGoofs are on the way out, I cant wait to see what it is like to have owners who can actually afford to own the team ! Actual free agents, not scrap heap leftovers! Actually able to keep our own free agents ! Actually move toward the middle of the pack when it comes to total team salaries instead of being perennially at the bottom of the list !!! CANT WAIT !

Rug King
Fan since 87
Citrus Heights, California

I've boycotted the entire last year in my personal protest over the maloofs. I can't WAIT to watch Kings Basketball again!

Geoff, twitter @geoffmarsh, Kings Fan since the 2002 West Coast Finals, been on this site since at least 2004. Dang, it's been almost 10 years?
I was in school in Virginia when I became a kings fan, then grad school in New Mexico when I joined this site. Now I live and work in my homeland Jamaica :D where everyone's a Heat or Lakers or Knicks or some other big team fan. I'm the only weirdo rooting for the Kings, and proud of it. Can't wait to see Denzel play KJ when they make the movie of this whole saga.