[Game] Grizzlies @ Kings - 11/3/15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Interested to see which players will step up with Cousins out, could be a building block for future games in the season. Some players could earn more PT when Cousins goes out in future games depending on this stretch of games where DMC is out. Really interested to see if Moreland will play also.

Warriors are dominating Gasol and Randolph without Bogut. Ezeli is on Gasol.

Interested to see which players will step up with Cousins out, could be a building block for future games in the season. Some players could earn more PT when Cousins goes out in future games depending on this stretch of games where DMC is out. Really interested to see if Moreland will play also.

Do you think we'll have WCS on Randolph and Kofus on Gasol? A huge part of why they're losing is because of their inefficient guard play.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Warriors are dominating Gasol and Randolph without Bogut. Ezeli is on Gasol.

Do you think we'll have WCS on Randolph and Kofus on Gasol? A huge part of why they're losing is because of their inefficient guard play.
Grizz look old, WCS is a gazelle compared to Zbo, we should be able to run them out of the house. If they control tempo then we lose.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing about the Grizzlies is that they're an old team that's never been one of the better offensive squads in the league.

Up front, Marc Gasol is still very good but not exactly one prone to explosive bursts of game-taking-overness. Z-Bo has started off the season looking like Father Time is really starting to sink his teeth into him and Vlade's poaching of Koufus has left a gaping hole in their frontcourt rotation that Brandan Wright can't completely fill. Behind those three, the Grizzlies do have a bit of young energetic junkballer guys in Jarnell Stokes and JaMychal Green (not a typo) but I'd probably rate both of those guys a bit below Eric Moreland in terms of prospective NBA careers, which is probably just the homer in me talking.

Adding Matt Barnes helped them further build up the tough defensive image of their squad but did nothing to mask the fact that the Grizzlies feature a wingman rotation of offensively inept and aging top-five defender (Allen)/steady but unspectacular role player (Lee)/guy who most of Memphis wants to kill (Jeff Green)/ and aging tough guy whose season highlight involves him fighting Derrick Fisher. Oh, and apparently 500-year-old Vince Carter is still on the roster. In other words, no one who really makes you quiver in fear at the prospect of a fifty point explosion.

Mike Conley is perhaps the most underrated point guard in the league but he's also now being forced to be the first option on offense this year while also continuing to be a great defender. Playing against our two-headed point guard monster of Rondo and DC a day after playing Steph Curry, he could conceivably die of exhaustion halfway into the second quarter and Beno, while still a solid bench guard, would probably lose to Marco Bellineli in the defensively incapable gawky European white guy Olympics.

This could be the year when the Uglyball Grizzlies have a bit of a bottoming out. Then again, after I write this, they'll probably rattle off a huge win streak and go back to being a contender for the Finals this season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Grizz look old, WCS is a gazelle compared to Zbo, we should be able to run them out of the house. If they control tempo then we lose.
Conversely, a strong, old-fashioned bully big like Z-Bo is the type of guy who could give WCS fits (and oddly enough the type of guy who Jason Thompson thrived in defending). While WCS is already a great rim protector and displays the team defensive awareness of a ten-year-vet, there's not much he can do when being backed down by a 260-pound grinder.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1) don't entirely ignore the possibility Cuz's tweet was about Terrence Ross signing for $11 mil per. He seemed to react similarly when Tristan Thomas got hsi stupid money last week.

2) I will say again that the Grizzlies have NOT looked good at any point so far, and they have a ton of age on them. you don't go from a 50 win team to nothing overnight, but you can certainly start catching cases of the drabs when half your team is in its mid-30s. Do agree however that getting crushed is going to put pressure on the Grizz to try to bounce back. Just have to hope they see us as an easy prey without Cuz

Bricklayer

The thing about the Grizzlies is that they're an old team that's never been one of the better offensive squads in the league.

Up front, Marc Gasol is still very good but not exactly one prone to explosive bursts of game-taking-overness. Z-Bo has started off the season looking like Father Time is really starting to sink his teeth into him and Vlade's poaching of Koufus has left a gaping hole in their frontcourt rotation that Brandan Wright can't completely fill. Behind those three, the Grizzlies do have a bit of young energetic junkballer guys in Jarnell Stokes and JaMychal Green (not a typo) but I'd probably rate both of those guys a bit below Eric Moreland in terms of prospective NBA careers, which is probably just the homer in me talking.

Adding Matt Barnes helped them further build up the tough defensive image of their squad but did nothing to mask the fact that the Grizzlies feature a wingman rotation of offensively inept and aging top-five defender (Allen)/steady but unspectacular role player (Lee)/guy who most of Memphis wants to kill (Jeff Green)/ and aging tough guy whose season highlight involves him fighting Derrick Fisher. Oh, and apparently 500-year-old Vince Carter is still on the roster. In other words, no one who really makes you quiver in fear at the prospect of a fifty point explosion.

Mike Conley is perhaps the most underrated point guard in the league but he's also now being forced to be the first option on offense this year while also continuing to be a great defender. Playing against our two-headed point guard monster of Rondo and DC a day after playing Steph Curry, he could conceivably die of exhaustion halfway into the second quarter and Beno, while still a solid bench guard, would probably lose to Marco Bellineli in the defensively incapable gawky European white guy Olympics.

This could be the year when the Uglyball Grizzlies have a bit of a bottoming out. Then again, after I write this, they'll probably rattle off a huge win streak and go back to being a contender for the Finals this season.
They really have not looked good this year at any point, not even in the games they have won. Drab drab drab, and with no explosions at all. Zbo is 35. He might not be a 15ppg scorer anymore. More like an aging David West figure. Gasol, I agree, last year was kind of pretending to be an offensive star, but is off to a slow start being his normal 14ppg not terribly efficient self. LOT of age on this team. Have to figure that will become "experience" at some point as they semi-right this ship, but one of the possibilities for Memphis this season was always that they slipped backward into a 40-something win team. I had thought that meant like a 47 win team. But they have been playing like it might mean a Dallas falloff to a 41 win type team.

K

KingMilz

Hopefully the Grizz keep sucking cause last time they got blown out they came back to stomp Indiana. Scoring wise they guys should not be able to hang with us there bench literally aside from Jeff Green who is literally as passive as Ben most the time is garbage. Although off course I have to factor in the fact Vince Carter no matter what always plays superhuman against us.

If DC/Casspi/Belli play well we should be able to beat them by 5-10 points.

I doubt the Grizzlies shoot .271 two nights in a row. Nor will they go 3 for 23 from the three point line. No Grizz player logged more than 26 minutes. The starters sat the whole 4th quarter. This is not a normal back to back:eek:

All that said the Kings can win if they play as well as they did against the Clippers.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Run them. Run them until they break. 2nd night of back to back. If Bellinelli comes out and shoots well, we win this one. I'd probably put Koufos on Zbo, WCS on Gasol, then have Moreland dress for this one instead of Acy. Run them and make them go to the bench where we have the advantage.

Bricklayer

Run them. Run them until they break. 2nd night of back to back. If Bellinelli comes out and shoots well, we win this one. I'd probably put Koufos on Zbo, WCS on Gasol, then have Moreland dress for this one instead of Acy. Run them and make them go to the bench where we have the advantage.
I think Moreland has been dressing instead of Acy already, but with Cuz out, I'd expect them both available.

Kinda what I was thinking. Memphis getting destroyed by GS last night does not bode well for our efforts tonight. Them gonna be some angry Grizzlies I bet.

That being said, it will make it an even more impressive win if they can pull it off. At some point Ben is gonna have to hit some shots. Lets hope tonight is the night.