Grades/post-game discussion v. Pelicans - 12/8

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Dec 8, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Kings beat Pels!

Any questions???

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
  2. VF21

So Z-Bo calls Mason Frank Nitti and Bogdan is B8... good to know. :D
    Vladizzle likes this.
  3. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

MVP goes to Gentry for not giving the ball to Davis at all in the OT and making him practically non-existent against a 40 year old
    NewArena, KingsFanGER and Tetsujin like this.
  4. eMBarkat10n

eMBarkat10n Active Member

We won in OT. On the road. Grade? A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Anything short of that is considered blasphemy.
    NewArena, King Baller, lwc and 2 others like this.
  5. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Awesome game. Not perfect, some dumb moments from both young and old, but a great win nonetheless. VC and ZBo were huge for us, and FMIII continues to impress
    NewArena, ppine, lwc and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

I have no idea how Gentry still has a job.
    Blob, NewArena, KingsFanGER and 3 others like this.
  7. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Well-Known Member

Take that take that take that!

Go kings!!!
    King Baller likes this.
  8. VF21

Wow. What a game. The post-game comments by Zach Randolph were right on target. Giving props to the kids and not wanting to talk about his own accomplishments. The rooks are gonna learn good things from him and Vince Carter, things that will resonate for years to come.
  9. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

Pretty exciting game.
    I'm gonna say it for the millionth time, frank mason is my favorite player. That kid is GOOD!
    Only gripe I have, and I can't believe I'm gonna say this, I wish I could have seen more of papa. I liked what I saw from him. He looks like Reno is doing him really good.
  10. thingfish

thingfish Active Member

11. kingsboi

who is their current GM? How long has he been under that title?
  12. The Effort Police

The Effort Police Well-Known Member

I know it's Dell Demps, don't know how long he's been there but I think he was the one to hand out the Asik contract, so he's been there a little while at least.
  13. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Dell Demps, and I don't know. Since the Chris Paul trade, at least, I think.
  14. VF21

Kayte touched on it before the game that she discussed this with Peja and they're really making good use of the D-League, and using it as it was originally intended to be. DEVELOPMENT. I think a lot of teams are gonna be attempting to copy what the Kings are doing.
  15. kingsboi

did he hire Byron Scott?
  16. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

17. The Effort Police

The Effort Police Well-Known Member

I don't think so, no.
  18. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

Z-bo though?!

Love that most of the kids contributed.

We might actually **** our lotto position with the way things have been trending lately, but if that means our young players are balling out and developing properly under Joerger, I can't complain.

Buddy, Mason, Bogs, and WCS have all been looking good lately. Fox and Skal still have those crazy upsides. Giles is going to join in the fun in a month.

It'll be interesting to see what we're looking like in another month, especially if Fox gets it together and a rehabbed Giles is as advertised.
  19. VF21

Loved Doug's post-game comment where he says it should have been Fox and Mason instead of Fox and Hill. I think we're gonna see a lot more of the kids and a lot less of Hill and Temple. And that's okay with me. :)
    NewArena, ppine, ockingsfan and 7 others like this.
  20. HndsmCelt

HndsmCelt Well-Known Member

I see what you did there
    thingfish likes this.
  21. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

22. upinsmoke

23. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

Hill/Temple need to do more on that starting unit. I’ll assume Hill will be traded but Garrett needs to pick up his play
    King Baller likes this.
  24. upinsmoke

He did good considering DMC and Davis where out there with him.
    King Baller and lwc like this.
  25. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing 2 years ago.
    Suicide King likes this.
  26. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Most of these games I'm pretty philosophical about whether this team wins or not, but for some strange reason in this game I wanted the win badly. I'm glad they pulled pulled it out, and if you just look at lineups you have to wonder how the heck they did it. The first half made me wish WCS was around, as there was no shot blocking presence whatsoever and Pels were walking in for layups. I don't even know how the Kings defended as well as they did in the paint; they were darned scrappy, that's for sure. Hats off to Joerger in how he rotated his lineups and for having this team battle the Bucks and lose, battle the Cavs and lose, and finally battle and win against the Pels. It looks like we're seeing not just this team playing better basketball, but also some character formation before our eyes.

Zach Randolph is what Vlade had in mind when he signed vets to bring this team along. He's everything we could have hoped for and more. I'm paraphrasing now, but in the post-game when Fox was asked about him he said that he hasn't disappointed this whole season. Indeed.
  27. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what that little dust up between Randolph and Cousins reminded me of....even though it did not come close to escalating to the same level...when Dale Davis took that cheap shot on Bobby Hurley and Michael Smith stepped in to stand up for Bobby and all hell broke loose. Buddy is one of the nicest guys in the NBA and I freaking love it that Randolph stepped in and had his back.
    NewArena, Kingster, ppine and 6 others like this.
  28. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

There was a moment towards the end of the game when the camera zoomed in on Gentry. He sat with a pensive look on his face. I'm sure he was thinking, "if we lose this game I could get fired."
  29. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Bogi switch with Temple in the starting lineup. That unit needs more playmaking and Bogi is as good a defender as Temple.
    NewArena, Suicide King and parker like this.
  30. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

Hey, I wonder what Brick is doing?
    Blob, NewArena, Kingster and 3 others like this.