Get Cousins, Rudy & Ben to the NYC All Star Game

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think this is getting far too complex. Seems like if fans of the Kings want to vote for Gay and Cousins, they should do it. What if Cousins comes back next week and tears up the league yet we hadn't voted for hm. I think people are trying to predict the future and for me, that has never worked. What if all the other great bigs come down with viral meningitis?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I don't put much stock in AS voting as fans have ruined AS voting, both domestically and abroad. Neither Cuz or Rudy are near popular enough to get voted in so it was always going to be up to them getting voted in by the media/coaches around the league. Still could happen for Cuz if he's not out that much longer.

More votes may look nice but doesn't mean much IMO. The way to gain popularity and be a contender to get voted in as a starter down the road is to not only get to the playoffs, but to do damage in the playoffs. That's how it'll happen. Other than that, you need to be able to jump over a Kia or some other such nonsense.

But if you want to vote, go right ahead. It won't hurt. I doubt Rudy or Cuz would mind a few more fan votes.

Continue to vote by all means. Even if he doesn't get in on the voting ballot, a lot of votes sends a positive message. Vote for him because he deserves it.

Vote via nba.com, vote via Twitter and vote via Facebook.

Kings fans have made a difference at least twice this year thus far by voting for the Tuesday night game on NBA-TV.

VOTE!!!!!
I'll definitely vote. I wasn't sure I was hearing everything right. I don't really understand the concept of not voting for something that I think won't pass. I still vote for what I want or believe in, regardless.

I'll vote for Boogie and Gay if I choose. And if Ben were an option and I want to vote for him, I will. I don't care about their chances of making it. Their chances go down by one vote each time a Kings fan decides they won't vote because it's too hard.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
well considering the team record with Rudy playing without Cousins, I'm not sure he belongs on the team if he can't help us get some wins and playing that matador defense that he is very prone to do....

As you all know, the 1st round of voting came in and Cousins is at #7 and Gay is at #11.

Guys, we can do better than that.

I just voted 3 times today via different channels. Please make your vote today. If every member on this board votes 3 times or more a day, we can really do some damage by the next round.

I have been voting on FB, Twitter, text, and the NBA app.

Can someone explain how to vote on IG?
Do you mean Instagram? I don't have an Instagram account, so I can't explain it myself, but maybe this link will help you:
http://www.nba.com/allstar/2015/asb/votingrules.html (click on Instagram icon)

As I understand, the rules are similar to Facebook and Twitter. You just need to post some photo or video and type, for example, "DeMarcus Cousins #NBABallot" in the description. Here's an example of voting post:
http://instagram.com/p/xISa7pSy70/

Edit: Peter_Gibbons has already described it in the OP.

Last edited:
Vivek Ranadivé ‏@Vivek 35m35 minutes ago
Keep the votes coming! We want to see DeMarcus Cousins & Rudy Gay represent the @SacramentoKings at the All-Star Game! #NBABallot

umm, yea sorry dude, but you and the other two stooges probably ruined our chances of having an All-Star this year
Thats right. With a sinking record, there is a real chance Cousins will get snubbed again. And Vivek has the nerves to act like he cares so much about the boys making it. The moment you fired Malone because you are so blinded by Mullin and your own ego was the moment you blew away Cousins' chances.

I really hope the coaches do the right thing and still vote Boogie in. But considering his reputation with some of the coaches, the only way for Cousins to get voted in as a reserve was if he made them. I mean the wins have to be there or the coaches will use that some ol excuses. "Oh his numbers looks good but his team is losing. Lets give the spot to Dwight instead".

But vivek... does this guy realize that because the team is losing at a rapid rate, it is going to give the coaches an excuses to leave Cousins off the team? The coaches will just say "Well, the Kings are losing a lot of games so Cousins doesn't deserve it".

There are too many front court players in the west that can have a case made to be on the team. If we went back to willing like pre-illness or at least linger around .500 ball, Cousins was a sure in as a reserve.

As fans, all we can do is continue voting for our players. We may not be able to get Cousins into the top three, but lets at least get him into the top 5. Because the top 3 are starters and they will pick at least 3-4 more front court players. Having him finish in the top 5 in voting will surely help.

Yep Cousins is not only getting negative attention in the media again, but he's once again looked at as a "guy putting up numbers on a bad team"

All has spiraled out of control since these morons assassinated our season

Yep Cousins is not only getting negative attention in the media again, but he's once again looked at as a "guy putting up numbers on a bad team"

All has spiraled out of control since these morons assassinated our season

Yup. Looking at the other teams fighting for the 8th spot. Thunder, Pelicans, Suns... no one has ran away with it. The Thunder loss some games recently and did not run away with it like people assumed they would. If we kept course with Malone, we would be right there as well. That would've been a guarantee. Instead, ownership shot themselves in the foot and robbed the fans of a chance to finally have a winning season and compete for a playoff spot.

Its absolutely crazy how we turned from the surprise team of the season where everyone was saying good things to being bottom feeders again all due to 1 lousy decision by the FO. SMH

Ok guys, Cousins has slip to 8th in the latest returns and that reflects on us. Many of you already gave up unfortunately. We may not be in the top 3 but lets get him back up to 7th or 6th. This is the home stretch. Vote multiple times a day. Its easy. Takes 2-3 mins of your time.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok guys, Cousins has slip to 8th in the latest returns and that reflects on us. Many of you already gave up unfortunately. We may not be in the top 3 but lets get him back up to 7th or 6th. This is the home stretch. Vote multiple times a day. Its easy. Takes 2-3 mins of your time.
Yeah, seriously, don't let Dwight ****ing Howard outpoint him. Its only a 2K vote gap. Spend a couple of minutes and vote. The Duncan threat has been fended off by Gasol, so if its full ballot you can vote completely randomly other than Boogie if you want. But at least get him best of the rest status.

There is also a point of view that says that the Kings fans should vote for James Harden. He is going to play at the All Star game, it's sure, so getting him into the starting five at least helps to ensure that Kobe Bryant does not make it. That gives Cuz an extra chance to take a spot in the Western Conference roster.

There is also a point of view that says that the Kings fans should vote for James Harden. He is going to play at the All Star game, it's sure, so getting him into the starting five at least helps to ensure that Kobe Bryant does not make it. That gives Cuz an extra chance to take a spot in the Western Conference roster.
Very clever! Vote for whoever is the competition of players who receive legacy votes.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Agree, and have been all along, but doesn't look like it is going to work. Since even Lakers fans seem embarrassed by the thing, wonder who is voting Kobe other than true ignorant casual fan types who just see the name.

Everyone needs to vote! I think the Kings should have had some type of promotion to fans who are in attendance to encourage voting. Vote from the arena and show the Kings rep, then enter your seat #s along with names for a chance to be upgraded to court side for that game. I bet at least 2000/16000 people at the arena would vote...

DMC headbands only get so far lol.

Question, will Ben be in the dunk contest this year? The NBA needs to bring the old format back. Last year, Ben's teammates were all sucky Dunkers. Lillard got in because of his name, and Barnes is only an in-game dunker. McLemore was the only dunker that could actually pull off something spectacular. I hope he gets a chance this year

This is going to be the last return guys and gals. Lets vote today if you haven't. Vote at the website, facebook, twitter, text.

Five ways to vote:

1. Vote at nba.com/asb

2. Tweet his first and last name with #nbaballot. Retweets count. Example: DeMarcus Cousins #nbaballot

3. In your Facebook comments, write DeMarcus Cousins #nbaballot. Or create your own post using this: DeMarcus Cousins #nbaballot.

4. Instagram - Post a picture of DeMarcus using this in the comments - DeMarcus Cousins #nbaballot

5. TEXT Cousins to 69622. (Substitute with Gay, McLemore etc)

Voting ends January 19. You can vote as many times as you want.

Alright guys, down the the wire now. Just a few days left. I just voted 3 times. Please do the same. You can vote on your computer and then use your smartphone to vote at nba.com/asb as well.

Facebook post DeMarcus Cousins #NBABallot

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Join Twitter, if you're not there already. Retweeting DeMarcus Cousins #NBABallot every single time you see it can make a difference. You can search the hashtag and find all kinds of tweets to retweet.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Join Twitter, if you're not there already. Retweeting DeMarcus Cousins #NBABallot every single time you see it can make a difference. You can search the hashtag and find all kinds of tweets to retweet.
People may not understand that twitter can be used over a computer. Twitter.com