[Game] Game 8: Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks, 11/11/14 5:30 PST 8:30 EST

Kings record for the season:

• Total voters
I'll say this, as much as I hate harping on the refs over and over again, Dirk got handled with kid gloves tonight and Cousins hasn't gotten a single favorable call.
We've shot more FT on this game and the fouls are about even. But we haven't defended well and our Ast/TO ratio sucks. Basically the same problems we've had for ages.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Dallas has totally gotten into the Kings heads right now. Veteran teams can do that. It's not any one person's fault. It's the team collective IQ that has taken a sudden and dramatic dump.
Well, see, here's the thing: how you lose is more important than the loss itself. Looking at the schedule in September, I would have seen a four-game road trip that took us to Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Dallas and Memphis, and I would have predicted a 1-3 result. And it's starting to look like that's exactly how this **** is going to play out. So, on a superficial level, you would say, "Well, what did you expect?" But, when you look deeper than that, and you look at how we lost, there's no way to be anything but discouraged.

I haven't been impressed with Rudy's decision making and composure this season so far, as a whole. He's played well a lot, but he hasn't stepped up with composure when the team is down

I disagree. They are worse off in the backcourt than last season, they still have no wing talent outside of Rudy, and they have overpaid, underwhelming frontcourt players surrounding Cousins. They are not a top 8 team in this conference. Put them in the east and they might make it.
Collison is a better team player for us, than "you know who". That makes us better in the backcourt

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The Kings played good basketball early and then progressed from mediocre to absolutely awful.

And honestly while I was frustrated to see the team give up such a big lead (even to an offensive powerhouse on their home floor) I am much more upset to see how they reacted to that turn of events.

If the Kings reaction to adversity is going to be selfish, sloppy and really just dumb basketball then Kendrick Perkins will be proved right and these WILL be the same old Kings.

They don't have the talent to play bad basketball and win. They have to play a solid team game on both ends of the floor.
This is the concern I have as well; everything is smooth sailing, when we're winning. During the five-game winning streak, everybody was playing for each other, everybody was willing to make the extra pass, everybody was hustling on defense, everybody was fighting for rebounds, nobody was sweating their touches. As soon as we start to have problems, we revert to type.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What I saw out there tonight is the Kings being content with coasting after the lead and not having the mindset of a winner just yet...just excited that they got the game to that big of a margin.

K

KingMilz

When Tyson Chandler outplays your franchise C your not winning, at least Ben is playing well and Sess get it going a little, but yeah that Cousins 3rd foul and the game was over.