[Game] Game 8: Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks, 11/11/14 5:30 PST 8:30 EST

Kings record for the season:

• Total voters
So who says he has to play a different role? I'd rather have a sparkplug who I can go to when I need something to happen than get absolutely nothing out of my reserve unit, especially if Cousins is in foul trouble, something he often has been over his career. I wouldn't have minded getting Ray or even another guard to pair with him and retain a top value in talent like that than dumping him because he doesn't "fit" where he shouldn't belong in the first place. Take advantage of the talent you have, and the kings haven't done that for a decade.
Our guards scoring tonight wasn't the issue. Check the box scores on that. Our issue was premier D. Collison would have helped. The other was turnovers leading to empty possession and fast break points for Dallas.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Blaming the refs never gets anywhere. This is Cuz's 5th season now, he should know how the refs are going to call fouls on him.

And even though Cuz only has 2 FT attempts, we've still shot 32 for the game, far above the average in the NBA.
No, the refs were absolutely atrocious and broke our back before anything else did. The refs were HUGE.

I posted this stat in the grades thread. In the first half our 6 bigs combined for 48min of action. In those 48 min of action they were whisteled for 16 fouls. 16

The way our offense is in the half court does not lend itself to assists from guards. It's been dump it in to Cuz and Gay and let them create. Even when we swing the ball on the perimeter, its to get a better post entry angle.
And yet Darren Collison averages 6.3ast.

Our offense may not be assist friendly, but then again how much of our offense is built the way it is as a reflection upon the (very) limited abilities of most of our guards. Chicken and egg.

Last edited:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I see alot of throwing the ball into DMC and people just standing around. I also just saw alot of watch Rudy gay dribbling around. The only person I saw trying to set backdoor screens or cuts were Ray Mcallum, with Ben's Athleticism we can downscreen plays or backdoor cuts for him. Every is high pick and roll, I also don't like the plays where the Kings start off with DMC at the three point line holding the ball...

Our guards scoring tonight wasn't the issue. Check the box scores on that. Our issue was premier D. Collison would have helped. The other was turnovers leading to empty possession and fast break points for Dallas.
I don't think this loss can boil down to perimeter defense. A lot of the transition points came from turnovers, of which 14 of 20 were from Cousins and Gay. They were forcing things offensively because nobody else could make something happen. Also, when Cousins went out in foul trouble, nobody could do anything offensively. The bottom line is in this league, we can't be the 2004 Pistons. Defense is not the primary way to win games. A good offense with decent defense wins games. Tonight, the team had neither, primarily due to a lack of talent.

I don't think this loss can boil down to perimeter defense. A lot of the transition points came from turnovers, of which 14 of 20 were from Cousins and Gay. They were forcing things offensively because nobody else could make something happen. Also, when Cousins went out in foul trouble, nobody could do anything offensively. The bottom line is in this league, we can't be the 2004 Pistons. Defense is not the primary way to win games. A good offense with decent defense wins games. Tonight, the team had neither, primarily due to a lack of talent.
Isn't that what I said? ;)

Credit to the Ref's for keeping DeMarcus out of the game. Mavs played solid defense, but without the foul trouble on Boogie i guess it would be a different outcome.
Really frustrating to see a great first half fall apart.