Family pics

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Today the Timbers had their Timber Army BBQ for those of us that sit in the supporters section. TJ got to meet the players, get some more autographs for his scarf and kick the ball around on the field.

About to score a goal.

TJ with the victory log that is chainsawed after every goal or shut out.

TJ with new fan fave Mike Chabala. This guy is super cool.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeah he loves the Timbers. He knows all the songs the supporters sing and once after we scored a goal and they cut the log he asked if he could do that when he was older. It was adorable, though the thought of him with a giant chainsaw is scary! I can't wait to get him started in soccer. Next year maybe? He still picks up the ball with his hands when we play around the house.

This was my first time on field turf, I wonder if it is wrong of me to want to replace my lawn with the stuff?

You know, the fake turf they have now is really pretty great. It would sure save water, not to mention weeding and mowing.

They used it under a playground at our (meaning RD) newest apartment complex. You have to get up pretty close to tell it's not real. No brown spots is probably a dead giveaway. ;)

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Water conservation isn't really a huge issue in Portland but the weeding, mowing and allergies are. I've heard its quite the popular upgrade in SoCal. But there obviously the water you can claim some kind of altruism whereas I just wanna be lazy.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

Grandpa and grandson, Royce.

Sister-in-law, Nerissa, and nephew, Harry (Dodong)

Both kids are about the same age and have been instructed to call me "papa." Guess who is getting confused. :)

Beautiful kids. That Ziah is cute as a bug. And a HS graduate. My gosh, time flies!

Talk about growing up fast, my granddaughter starts kindergarten in two weeks. She's 5 1/2. :eek: