Do you want Bibby back?

Not exactly true, IMHO. Bibby hasn't been the epitome of a passing point guard this year, due in great part I believe to the total lack of any kind of team chemistry on the court. They don't feel like a team; they don't look like a team. They look like exactly what they are...

A bunch of guys wearing the same uniform who are being forced to go out and play a game without any kind of real direction or leadership from the guy in the suit.

Personally, I would like to see Bibby back as a King. I say move Artest, Thomas, SAR and Brad (love him, but it's time) and let Bibby run the go with a team full of youth willing to blossom and bloom. If next year we're in the hole - then let it progress the way it will. But we're at a point where moving Bibby now would get us nothing in return. I still feel there are far more individuals who do less for this team, and give less effort, than Bibby has - even in his slump.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Personally, I would like to see Bibby back as a King. I say move Artest, Thomas, SAR and Brad (love him, but it's time) and let Bibby run the go with a team full of youth willing to blossom and bloom. If next year we're in the hole - then let it progress the way it will. But we're at a point where moving Bibby now would get us nothing in return. I still feel there are far more individuals who do less for this team, and give less effort, than Bibby has - even in his slump.
I'm confused as to why you quoted me. I said "Yes"...

Yes, because on the list on the Kings priorities he's not the main concern. I'm not ready to hand the reins over to Ronnie Price. This season unlike seasons' past really shows Mike's weak areas. If no one knew them before, everyone knows them now and it's not going to change. Even with that said, I still believe that others (Kenny Thomas.........and others) should be dealt with first.

I'd give him one more year, if it's still this bad...cut your ties and be done with it by the deadline, not the end of next year.

No, I don't want Bibby back. He gave us some good years, but even in the almost-glory days of the 2002 WCF, he was still not a good defender and not a true PG. Doug Christie was there with his stifling defense at the other guard position to make up for some of that. I would compare Bibby to Peja last year, where at times he just seems disinterested (and some of you want to get rid of Artest instead? You got to be kidding me). After Bibby and Miller left the Kings/Jazz game on Friday (and with Thomas out), we had a core that I think the Kings should build around.

Martin/Artest/SAR/Cisco/Price/Williams/Salmons/Corliss. That team played with heart and hustle and played like, you know, a team. Obviously, we would still have needs with the big men and another PG, but I had fun watching the team Friday.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, Artest is 26 years of age and I think showing signs of repentance and maybe even maturity into his "old age."
Don't believe it. Artest is on the wagon now. Don't be suckered into thinking that he has transformed himself. He's doing what he's done in the past - getting into a lot of trouble, then sincerely repenting and temporarily behaving, only to fall off the wagon and get into trouble again once he feels comfortable again. Artest will be traded. I don't see Petrie falling into the trap of thinking that Artest has repented.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Don't believe it. Artest is on the wagon now. Don't be suckered into thinking that he has transformed himself. He's doing what he's done in the past - getting into a lot of trouble, then sincerely repenting and temporarily behaving, only to fall off the wagon and get into trouble again once he feels comfortable again. Artest will be traded. I don't see Petrie falling into the trap of thinking that Artest has repented.

I tend to agree with this. I think they will trade him this summer. Please, Geoff, package him with Kenny. :D