Do you want Bibby back?

gunks

Hall of Famer
What Monkey said.

We need a distributing PG. Not a jack up 3s at under 30% PG.

I'll miss Bibs when he's gone, but he's not what this team needs anymore.

it depends.. if GP can fix this team in one offseason and get us back into the playoffs, then i want bibby back.. hes much better than ronnie and i dont think there will be a better FA PG out there, not to mention that seeing bibby on another team would look so wierd.

I do, but largely because I'd hate to see him go on such a sour note. Silly and sentimental, but I'd hate to see the guy who spent the bulk of the previous two seasons being the only King even close to steady and reliable hustled out of town on the heels of an uncharacteristically sucky season. Sad way to officially end the should've-won-it era, but probably unavoidable.

Also, while I do think his pending free agency is a concern and that trading him would be preferable to letting him walk for nothing, I still think that there are bigger/more important issues to address at this point. Is Mike what we need long term or as part of a rebuilding effort? Probably not. But if we're able to make other changes in the offseason that help with interior defense and a steadier coaching staff/scheme and Mike's game could pick up enough to at least get something better back in trade.

Yes I want him back. He's the last link to the fun successful Kings. I'm willing to make Muss and Ron the scapegoats for this past year and give Bibby a mulligan.

I do, but largely because I'd hate to see him go on such a sour note. Silly and sentimental, but I'd hate to see the guy who spent the bulk of the previous two seasons being the only King even close to steady and reliable hustled out of town on the heels of an uncharacteristically sucky season. Sad way to officially end the should've-won-it era, but probably unavoidable.

Also, while I do think his pending free agency is a concern and that trading him would be preferable to letting him walk for nothing, I still think that there are bigger/more important issues to address at this point. Is Mike what we need long term or as part of a rebuilding effort? Probably not. But if we're able to make other changes in the offseason that help with interior defense and a steadier coaching staff/scheme and Mike's game could pick up enough to at least get something better back in trade.

What she said!

What Monkey said.

We need a distributing PG. Not a jack up 3s at under 30% PG.

I'll miss Bibs when he's gone, but he's not what this team needs anymore.
another fan who takes this horrific season in general as to describe bibbys career
...incredible

First things first. Pending the fact that Muss is gone, if we dont get Billups this offseason, there is no one else worth getting that will be better than Mike.
One season under a completely delusional coach does not suddenly make him complete crap.

I want Mike back because if we get a coach who knows what he is doing out there with a proven track record he can correctly utilize him with incredible results. Petrie also has to have one of the busiest offseasons in his career. Mike cannot be the leader on the floor. He can easily be the best complementary player in the league. The Artest Bibby saga did not work out. They just do not see eye to eye on the court. Meaning what? Yes, Artest needs to go because of the baggage he not only carried onto the Kings, but the baggage he opened onto the Kings. He is the best defender in the league, but that comes at a great price as well. When hes hot...hes hot and no one gets a chance to score...when hes cold....he kills us and keeps on shooting.
This also goes to say.
If we want to keep and develop Martin, Artest should not be around. With Martin in the lineup, a stalled offense with Artest does not fit well with Martin at ALL....nor with Bibby. Bibby and Martin both thrive in a fast paced offense. Artest slows everything down when he takes people in the post or goes one on one oh so often.
All this interconnects into saying that we need to keep Bibby. The draft will also be very important. A C/PF is a MUST. We cant build around Bibby nor Martin. But, if we have Martin and Bibby built around that certain player that awaits our beloved Kings...then you will see the Sacramento Kings as we all know them.

Last edited:
well, hes obviously struggled due to his injury in the beggining of the season. But alot of it is chemistry problems with Ron. Brad and mikes signature play not being used very much. All those things and Mussleman just doesnt really have many plays for him, unless he makes a play on his own hes not shooting very much. Dont get me wrong, hes obviously struggling with his shot, but hes the kind of guy that would work in the offseason to make sure he doesnt have another season like this. He hates losing and hes been frustrated with himself. I hope they dont trade him. Id say I want him back next season. If the struggles continue next season then we can talk trades. Someone whos been that good for so many years cant just randomly suck.

i honestly dont know anymore. if we're gonna keep musselman i almost want Bibby to go, just so he's not completely miserable. Muss can't seem to stand up to Artest and tell him that the team works so much better with the offense being run through Mike and Kevin. if we can trade Artest in the offseason then i think we should keep Mike. if not, maybe we can trade him for some decent youngsters in return

I'd be happy to see him back. But I think he's our most valuable trade piece and I'm ready to move on and rebuild.

On a side not though, seeing him out there without Vlade, Webb, DC and Peja is like seeing the guy who graduated years ago still going to the high school parties alone.

the chemistry between the team on the floor doesnt work, Artest just doesnt work well with others, hes a great player, but alot of the time he just ends up hurting us.

Bibby without a shot is like Shaq on the free-throw line. They are both effectively worthless.

It's time for Bibby to move on. I'm glad we won with him here, but keeping him for sentimental reasons is just silly. He is not a distributor and he's not interested.

In the past two years, the trend is alarmingly bad. He's a worse defender than in the past and he's more of a ball hog.

I won't shed a single tear when he leaves.

Unfortunately, yes... Let him go to a relative contender. His high pay is just as detrimental to the team as anyone elses. He's a great guy and all, but it's just time to part ways. I would say the same about Brad, Kenny, or anyone else with a high salary that isn't in the future.

which basically means you never liked him
I make no bones about it, as a PG - I've never liked Bibby's "style" of me-first basketball. Over the years it's become easier to dislike his game as I feel that he plays at the expense of the team.

I liked us winning, but I never felt that Bibby was a central piece to that puzzle, but rather an ancillary piece that fit simply because he didn't need to be anything more than a shooter. It was a good situation for him.

I don't get sentimental about our players as, in truth, there is no return sentiment. Bibby would walk away without a moment's hesitation at the right price and is going to simply stick out this contract even though he isn't worth it. The guy never calls me on the phone to say thanks for rooting him on or helps pay my bills. He's just a guy on a team I root for.

His style of play is not one I really want to watch in the future. Hence, I won't be sad to see him leave.

Nope, but it has nothing to do with him personally. Just we need to move him and build towards the future. A lot of teams will probably be interested in him and we can get some needed assets.

I have certainly had a different experience enjoying Bibby. Yes, he was a "piece". But he was THE piece that completed the puzzle and made us a true elite team. To me, Bibby stepping up and knocking down clutch jumpers against the Lakers and Bibby taking it to the rack against the Mavs.... those are the enduring postseason images to me from the Kings run as a true contender. He remains the only "big shot" guy we have ever had.

So he has earned a mulligan from me for this past season when he started out playing like a warrior with the bum hand and never really got untracked.

So he has earned a mulligan from me for this past season when he started out playing like a warrior with the bum hand and never really got untracked.
I don't give him a mulligan for that, but I may be convinced to give him one simply because Muss was our coach. He's so awful, you can't help but play terrible with him as your coach.

I have a bias with Bibby. I like the PGs that make everyone around them better with amazing passes. I've never seen Bibby as this guy ... while you may see him as such (mileage may vary) ... he's just never "done it for me".

It's one of the things that drive me insane about Martin. If he could learn the dribble pass, he'd be one of the most deadly offensive players in the league because he'd be so multi-dimensional. But, that's something he can (and I think will) learn.

Well ive seen people saying he never passes the ball and doesnt get assists, but keep in mind that to get the assist, the player the ball is passed to has to be good enough to make the shot, hes making passes, were just not getting them in. a little off topic, but the shot I hate most that some of us do is the half hook, usually, a good shot, with us, disaster, off topic over.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well ive seen people saying he never passes the ball and doesnt get assists, but keep in mind that to get the assist, the player the ball is passed to has to be good enough to make the shot, hes making passes, were just not getting them in. a little off topic, but the shot I hate most that some of us do is the half hook, usually, a good shot, with us, disaster, off topic over.
Not exactly true, IMHO. Bibby hasn't been the epitome of a passing point guard this year, due in great part I believe to the total lack of any kind of team chemistry on the court. They don't feel like a team; they don't look like a team. They look like exactly what they are...

A bunch of guys wearing the same uniform who are being forced to go out and play a game without any kind of real direction or leadership from the guy in the suit.