Center Court closing, new location being sought

Center Court with CWebb, Webber's restaurant closed down today. I never really got around to eating there but I know it was an anchor business in the Natomas area. Fox 40 reported it.

Last edited:
I was there last year during my regular NorCal trip and it was like Hard Rock Cafe with sports entourage. Not like I was disappointed, may be I just wanted something extraordinary. Anyway, it was an interesting experience and I hope C-Webb is keeping his business in Sacramento!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Center Court with CWebb, Webber's restaurant closed down today. I never really got around to eating there but I know it was an anchor business in the Natomas area. Fox 40 reported it.

Maybe it needs it's own thread.
I have eaten there a couple times - sad to see it close. Sounds like they couldn't renegotiate the lease (according to the Rise Guys this morning) and will be opening somewhere else instead. So more of a move instead of a closing if what they say is right.

Unfortunately the food was over priced and not that good. Very similar to a Hard Rock as someone else referenced. Also a ghetto crowd took over the place causing other people to not go there because of the atmosphere. Since the food was overwhelming it wasn't enough of a draw regardless of the crowd.

Also, in no way was Centercourt an "Anchor" business in the Natomas area.

I heard chances of reopening in Sacramento anytime soon if ever are rather slim in this rough economy and maybe gone forever. It is possible C-Webb will look at opening a restaurant near his alma mater Michigan University at some point is reported. Lastly, I agree the Natomas digs slowly became downright dangerously ghettoized and the food not very good for what they charged. Basically, I only ever stopped in on the way over to Arco Arena for an event or after attending one and just a couple three times in past few years.

In my opinion, that place had some really good food. I enjoyed the enviroment and the workers, and how they turned into a club every weekend:eek:. Sucks that there closing:(

Tough times. I ate there once, had a pulled pork sandwich, delicious. I never did believe it was in the right location though, that outdoor place in Natomas is so tucked away.

News last night said they didn't like the location and I agree that it was a bad one. Too tucked away and sort of invisible location.

They also said C-Webb would be opening another Sacramento restaurant and would announce the new location in a few weeks.

I've been a couple of times. Food was decent, but a bit over-priced. Service was incredibly slow, even when the place was half or more empty. I thought I was going to have to leave before getting my meal once, because I was going to be late to the game. And I came in plenty early enough. If they want customer's they're going to have to step it up a notch.

Last edited:
Food was not memorable whatsoever. Tasted of standard franchise fare. Couple bucks more than standard franchise. Service was marginal. What else can you expect?

That's too bad - this place definitely had name recognition & had a nice atmosphere.

The food, like many said, was overpriced - but I thought the fried chicken was pretty good. I'd say my only problem with the food - other than price - was that I could tell it was a good recipe but not executed well be whatever chef was on the line.

Maybe C-Webb can open an improved operation nearby the new Arco??? Pie in the sky...